ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant
ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant

August 7th, 2018, 6:07 am #1

good morning, clear skies up there, but a mist over the fields

my gardener is in for the day, he comes one day a month and does all the heavy work, i'm on hand to brew up

have nice days

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 7th, 2018, 7:35 am #2

You're an early bird Ronowen. We're up and about early this morning too as we've decided to work in the garden before it gets too hot. Just having breakfast at the moment and sitting in our gardening togs at the computers.

Once the sun has got too strong we have an exciting trip to the tip on the cards and then a visit to Morrisons. We know how to live. We've also go a friend coming round with a computery problem in the hope that we can help resolve it.

I hope you went to Cawdor Castle yesterday Mac - the to do list can always wait a bit longer.

I do hope your father's move goes smoothly Par and that he isn't too upset with what is going on. It will be such a relief for your Mum even if she isn't happy with the idea. This should mean she has her home back as the live-in carer won't be needed.

Hopefully Ty's Jack is well on the road to recovery and each day will be easier for him. As Sue and others know It is so hard to watch a love-one in pain but there is nothing one can do to help or relieve it.

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 7th, 2018, 7:36 am #3

Oh Ty, 10 days or longer will seem forever, are you managing to see Jack every day?  Finally finished puttin the conservatory back together. It looks really tidy. Sadly despite my efforts, I don't think it will remain that way. A bit of rain, muddy paws and footprints, will soon put it back to what I'm used to LOL. gym this morning then off to mums.

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 7th, 2018, 8:39 am #4

Morning all Hope your Dads move goes well Par, and Jack is getting on o k although he may have a longer stay in hospital. Also thinking of Sue and David.
Just the usual Sainsburys trip for me not sure what else so have a good day all

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

August 7th, 2018, 9:11 am #5

Morning all

Sorry to hear Jack is in pain and likely to have to stay longer but he is up even if it is for a few minutes, I always believe the proper healing is at home where you have your own bed and not got the noises of the ward to waken you.  I do hope your dad settles in quick and your mum doesn't get to feel lonely for too long Parlis. I hope they manage to get David sorted soon this is going on too long.

Today I am going to have to have a tooth pulled it is the one that crumbled several weeks ago and I had an infection in so fingers crossed it isn't too expensive or too painful.

Have a good one all.

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 7th, 2018, 10:28 am #6

Sunny/ cloudy morning here but still warm and am hoping it stays at the 'warm' stage and does not get hot as it got to 25 degrees here yesterday  .  I did not get to Cawdor Castle yesterday, CA, as I fell asleep and it was too late when I woke up.  It has been rescheduled for Wednesday 
Today I am meeting my friend for lunch and then she is coming back here to look at Windows 10 to see if she wants to upgrade or not.
It is gloomy on the health front for some.  All I want to see is Jack home and pain free and the same for David.  For Parlis peace of mind that her Dad settles into the home quickly and her Mum to be able to use the whole house again  .  The only good thing is Lynne's step mum is home and hopefully making good progress.  For the rest of us I would like all the aches and pains of getting older, go away but as that is not going to happen, hope they cause as little trouble as possible .
The only thing that is going to get done today is sweeping up the debris caused by the high winds we have had and just hope they stay away for a while.  Enjoy the day folks.

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

August 7th, 2018, 11:12 am #7

-Back not too bad although I can't drink for 2 hours and have not had my coffee today.  All my other teeth are ok although I still have this numb mouth which I hate.

Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree
Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree

August 7th, 2018, 2:38 pm #8

Good afternoon 

We did a long walk this morning, then in our on going attempt to find plants to fill the empty areas where the crocosmia was we went to the GC. We found a good selection despite the time of year. Penstamons, fuchsia and others I don't recognise or remember. I will elaborate once they are planted and I have the labels to hand.

My mum phoned to say the move of my dad went reasonably smoothly. He is in anyway and we will probably be able to spend some time at the house in September so can visit him then. Apparently we can take Ellie too which will please my dad. Thanks for the good wishes. 

Fingers crossed for Jack that the pain goes soon. Ooh Lynne. You poor thing having a tooth out. Glad to hear it wasn't too bad. I hope the numbness goes soon and you get that coffee ASAP. 

Have a good day to all. 
Parlis 

Give Peas a Chance 

Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box
Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box

August 7th, 2018, 2:39 pm #9

Just sending good thoughts for Jack and David.

In our house things are improving,  Stephen can now walk (well shuffle) around the house with just one crutch so can carry his own coffee.  I have to take him to the Dentist in a minute, but only for a check up,   I must admit life will be easier once he can drive again.  Only a couple of weeks till we go to the fracture clinic again.

We are driving Dad and Brenda down to Southampton for their cruise on Saturday and are going to stay away Saturday night so we can see what Southampton has to offer in things to do.

I have just booked another holiday for October,  so we can both have a break,  just a short hop to Albania and Macedonia for a week,  should make a nice change of pace. 

My Cuba book came in today and looks pretty nice if I say so myself.
Jane

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
rjt.org.uk

Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

August 7th, 2018, 3:48 pm #10

David has been told his surgery is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon so keeping all fingers crossed. The chaplain has just been to see him again so he hasn't been without visitors in my absence. Hopefully he'll be discharged on Friday, it's my weekend off so really any time this weekend.

Arthur has been on holiday, they took him at short notice and can keep him until Thursday lunchtime but then they are fully booked, so the carer will have him at the bungalow (she's been fully paid while he's in hospital anyway).