Thursday 2nd August

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 2nd, 2018, 7:24 am #1

It's a bit dull here at the moment, not that it will matter to us as we're off to Dorchester hospital for a checkup. My appointment time bears no relation to the time I'm seen unfortunately. After that we're going into Dorchester to find lunch and a mooch round the shops not that the shops are up to much to be honest. At least it beats housework and weeding.

I do hope that David is having his procedure done today, he's been in hospital and away from home for long enough, I thought there was supposed to be a bed shortage these days!

Don't worry about what time of day you post Ronowen, this used to be called the 'Good Morning' thread but we all post at various times of day - depending on our inclination and, these days, when we remember!

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 2nd, 2018, 8:25 am #2

I do hope David has his procedure today. Safe journey Sue. I had planned to re-stain the wood extension yesterday but plans changed when I had a blocked drain which flooded the conservatory. Had to take everything out and pull the lino up. Managed to unblock the drain with soda. It's dried out in this hot weather but I need to get new flooring. At the moment all the contents are on the lawn. Thank goodness it is dry. Won't get much further putting it right today as I'm going to mums.

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 2nd, 2018, 8:37 am #3

Morning all still looking good out there today. We are meeting friends for a pub lunch and catch up so no housework or gardening for us today
for David.
Have a good day all 

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 2nd, 2018, 9:15 am #4

Lovely day here again - was hopeful that the drizzle we had yesterday evening would develop into more than that but it didn't  .  Off to Tai chi shortly followed by my exercise group.  After lunch I have to make the sandwiches for the band and artistes at the ceilidh tonight so won't get in the garden to sweep up what I was going to do yesterday.
that David gets his procedure today and that Jack gets his bed.  Hope everyone else isok and trying to ignore the aches and pains of advancing years.  Have a good day folks .

Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

August 2nd, 2018, 9:27 am #5

Bad news when I got to the hospital, they are going to do more tests on the pump and catheter so surgery won't be until Monday at the earliest :( they have said that he could go home Friday for the weekend but we've said no, he'll stay in so they can't give his bed away. It's my rest day tomorrow so after watering his greenhouse and garden I'll be heading up to Liverpool again. 300 mile round trip.

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

August 2nd, 2018, 9:43 am #6

Morning all

I forgot to post yesterday.  We were out and about yesterday caught the bus into the town went to the chemist for a new prescription for Thomas which the doctor got wrong so it was round to the docs for her to correct it back to the chemist which had got busy so I left Thomas there while I went and shopped we agreed to meet at the shop, I finished waited and waited no sign of him so I retraced our steps no sign went back waited and waited went out looked again turned my back and there he was coming out the shop mmmm any how back to the bus station caught the bus at 11:15 home by midday.

So I was a little exhausted and of course it was hot.

I have been reading that our glacier Kebenaise has melted 4 meters between Jul 2nd to Jul 31st so it isn't the highest peak any more.
https://www.thelocal.se/20180802/arctic ... kebnekaise

Have a good one all.

Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree
Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree

August 2nd, 2018, 2:41 pm #7

Good afternoon 

It is a bit close today. We did a shorter walk today and grabbed lunch out. 

So sórry about the delay for David Sue. I suspect it is as much about them not being organised and coordinated as it is needing more tests. This happens far too often unfortunately. I hope on the other hand it's good news regarding bed availability for Jack. I hope the conservatory flooring isn't too expensive Kitty and that the check ups go ok for CA and Kev. 

Have a good day to all. 
Parlis 

Give Peas a Chance 

ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant
ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant

August 2nd, 2018, 4:24 pm #8

good afternoon, least I haven't forgot and its still Thursday......isn't it

so a few free days so i'm up at the caravan, did a walkies after lunch calling in for ice cream, so evening meal at the pub then a few drinkies sat out on the decking, do you find life is hard like this

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 2nd, 2018, 5:38 pm #9

I agree Ronowen - do please take all this activity carefully. You mustn't over-do it you know.

Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree
Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree

August 2nd, 2018, 8:52 pm #10

Just a quickie Jack has a bed at the hospital and I’ve been there twice today with Michele she has just fetched me home has to ring in the morning to find out what time he’s going down to theatre tomorrow 😢 I’m off to bed now shattered 😴