Thursday 13th

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 13th, 2018, 7:23 am #1

We now seem to be whizzing through September. It's going to be a Sunny day here. I have Zumba this morning. Need to hoe the allotment and then do some serious wood cutting in the garden with the chain saw. I did add to yesterdays thread what unexpected news that Jack was back in hospital. Thinking of him and Ty

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 13th, 2018, 8:33 am #2

We're nearly packed, just the last minute stuff to go in and then the crucial weighing of the cases. :fingers that we aren't taking too much.

A beautiful morning here too, the sunshine has returned - don't know where it was yesterday but certainly not in West Dorset.

So sorry about Jack being back in hospital but good for the Stoma nurse sorting things out promptly and not suggesting that everyone should wait and see.

The hotel claims to have WiFi so I should be able to keep in touch while we're away but one never really believes what they say until it is proven correct. Here is a link to some photos of the hotel - advertising photos so they obviously aren't showing any dodgy places. :lol  Natura Palace, Lanzarote

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 13th, 2018, 8:55 am #3

Well it is a real dreich day here :weather  but ,as we need the rain badly, I am not going to complain but hard lines for the farmers who have yet to get the harvest in because if it raining at some point during the last few days which meant they had to wait yet again.  now they will have to wait longer as this is real rain :rofl .
Just hope they get Jack sorted out properly this time so he can enjoy being at home ( when he gets there).  how is Thomas getting on with his crutches ?
Is it tomorrow you set off CA ?  hope you have a lovely time - Sue as well  :fingers .
I am off to a talk about the developing health care in the Highlands starting from around the 45 rebellion up to the present day and its future.  The early part is being told by an old classmate of mine who is now a retired Professor of surgery so it should be interesting.  The rest of the day is mine  :jumpflower .  Right off to get ready as it starts at 10 am.  Have a lovely day folks.

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 13th, 2018, 9:16 am #4

Morning all a tad chilly here today. No real plans for me  but I think the housework is calling. :o
Do hope they can get Jack sorted and all the other poorlies  are feeling better ;-)
Enjoy your holiday CA and Kev and your talk Mac ;-)
Have a good day all :hi

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

September 13th, 2018, 9:57 am #5

Morning all

Just had the nurses here and I pointed out that there seems to be a hot spot on the side of his foot but in line with the other sore, he does have 7 more days of anti b's but there was talk that they will discuss with the doctor.

Sun is shining and nice and warm 16 C with a slight breeze, the weather changed about 5pm yesterday after a stormy wet day.

I hope you have a lovely holiday CA and Sue.

I hope Jack is improving and will be home soon.

Have a good one all

Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree
Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree

September 13th, 2018, 11:32 am #6

Morning all

A lovely sunny day and quite warm at around 20 degrees. Dave is out gathering supplies and I am tackling a mound of washing. We had a really good journey home yesterday with hardly any traffic so did it in record time. It is so good to be home. The missing parts from Ikea are being sent and mum now has her sofa covers. I will give them their do, Ikea made no fuss and did their best to rectify the situation. Like you CA, we stopped going anywhere near flat packed furniture a long time ago but if you need something that doesn't cost the earth it is worth considering and as my mum may not need it for long it seemed an option. We did try buying second hand from a big community charity warehouse but they had hardly anything we wanted.

So sorry to hear Jack is back in hospital. I hope it is a temporary setback. Have a safe trip CA and Kev and enjoy yourselves.

Have a good day to all.
Parlis 

Give Peas a Chance 

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 13th, 2018, 2:13 pm #7

Sitting in Exeter airport - they're not as exciting as they used to be! Kev has bought me perfume for our wedding anniversary next week, I suppose I now need to get him something. : lol

Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box
Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box

September 13th, 2018, 6:46 pm #8

Have a great time CA and Kev - I hope you are staying in a "Senior Suite"
Jane

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
rjt.org.uk

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 13th, 2018, 11:31 pm #9

No suite for us, not even a sea view. On the other hand the 'entertainment' goes on at the front of the hotel and judging by the row tonight maybe it's better not to have to listen to it!