Tapa Talk info grab

Taffy
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Taffy
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

September 15th, 2018, 3:22 pm #1

Well it looks as if Tapa Talk are going to be having free reign with all of our info, and even if you can work out how to block them as soon as you clear your cache you will have to reset everything.
Having a lifetime ban I can't even go and ask them anything about this grab of our info.
Nice one children.

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 15th, 2018, 7:34 pm #2

Sorry Taffy, what are you talking about?

Taffy
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Taffy
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

September 15th, 2018, 8:53 pm #3

Forgot you were on holiday CA.

When I go into Tapatalk groups I get 
We've updated our Privacy Policy and by continuing you're agreeing to the updated terms.

When you visit our site, preselected companies may use cookies or other certain information on your device to serve relevant ads and for analytics purposes. Learn more

I've read through twice and as I read it they want the right to keep track of your computer usage. all sites visited and more

I can understand why other groups are leaving Tapa Talk.
If I try to contact them I just get 

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your username.

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 15th, 2018, 9:48 pm #4

Hmm, not sure there's much we can do about it as TT won't let us back up our database so that we can move away. Even if we did there are fewer and fewer alternatives as they keep taking them over.

Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box
Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box

September 15th, 2018, 10:51 pm #5

This is standard cookie tracking which has been happening for years. Nothings changed but the gdpr legislation just means they need to explicitly tell you about it.
Jane

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
rjt.org.uk

Taffy
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Taffy
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

September 16th, 2018, 12:28 am #6

I know of cookie tracking but this seems to go above and beyond the normal

Below is a complete list of the information that may be gathered.
  • Type of browser and its settings
  • Information about the device's operating system
  • Cookie information
  • Information about other identifiers assigned to the device
  • The IP address from which the device accesses a client's website or mobile application
  • Information about the user's activity on that device, including web pages and mobile apps visited or used
  • Information about the geographic location of the device when it accesses a website or mobile application.
This is a small part of what they say
I know you are much more familiar with thee things Jane, but I've never seen such a complex set.
Also wonder what will happen when we get out of Europe. as they keep referring to EEU regulations.

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 16th, 2018, 8:45 am #7

Hmm, not sure there's much we can do about it as TT won't let us back up our database so that we can move away. Even if we did there are fewer and fewer alternatives as they keep taking them over.
Really!!!!!! that is abominable. As you know I am having terrible trouble with my TT admin status

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 16th, 2018, 9:42 am #8

Not happy with that, maybe we should just stick to Facebook and not bother with TT :bat

Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box
Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box

September 16th, 2018, 9:51 am #9

Maggie,  Facebook keep all that information and far more since they know who your friends are,  that entire list is pretty well available to anyone writing and hosting apps or websites.  It's one of the reasons I don't use Facebook much, their TOCs mean they effectively own everything you post on Facebook and can analyse the posts you make to target the advertising more accurately, Google does the same,  but in general does not share the information with others, unlike Facebook, although after the big law suit last year where Facebook did not protect the privacy of the users they have stopped sharing so much.

Taffy the new GDPR regulations mean they have to tell you about everything they collect and that's why these days the Terms of Service contain so much information,  sites have done all this for years,  it's just now they have to tell you about it.
Jane

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
rjt.org.uk

cwmhill
Mature Shrub
Mature Shrub
cwmhill
Mature Shrub
Mature Shrub

September 16th, 2018, 11:50 am #10

Big brother has been tracking the web for years, how do you think that they catch terrorists. So if you don't want them to know your private life don't post it, even line lines are not that safe. 
CWM

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 16th, 2018, 12:32 pm #11

Thanks for the info Jane

Taffy
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Taffy
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

September 16th, 2018, 6:15 pm #12

A group I belong to has moved over to  Aimoo, 

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 17th, 2018, 8:19 am #13

To be honest Taffy I think you are the only one not on Facebook so if we ever did want to move that would be the most logical thing to do especially as we have a forum there and there are so few of us. I'm certainly struggling with taptalk and this is the only taptalk site I use.

Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree
Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree

September 20th, 2018, 6:59 pm #14

Actually I'm not on Facebook either Kit. I tried but it wasn't for me. I must admit rightly or wrongly,  I  felt far too open to unwanted intrusion on it plus I lost access for some reason and now can't get into it without starting all over again. I only wanted to delete the account but can't get in to do it. 
Parlis 

Give Peas a Chance 

Taffy
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Taffy
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

September 20th, 2018, 8:45 pm #15

I went back into facebook a couple of months ago for the first time in well over 10 years, stuck with it for almost 2 weeks, I was only supposed to be open to family, but it seems my family has got a lot bigger.
Not for me so I have closed it down, for good.