Sunday 5th August

ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant
ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant

August 5th, 2018, 6:28 am #1

Hey lookie, I found the button, good morning, bit misty here and I need to pack and return home, only takes an hour I've been doing this journey almost fortnightly for the last seven years, bit boring on the M6 but I have a few cross country routes over moors and fells that I like to use if not in a rush.  Have a good day

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 5th, 2018, 7:52 am #2

Well done ronowen. Hope you do enjoy your journey home. I've the finishing touches to the newly laid vinyl and will be putting the furniture back in today.

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 5th, 2018, 8:10 am #3

Morning all just plan to go to the club for a natter and a few  
Have a good one all 

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 5th, 2018, 8:12 am #4

All this activity going on and at this time of a Sunday morning. We're planning another lazyish day starting off with an amble down to the harbour for the paper then over to my cousin's for tea and cake. This afternoon will also be quiet, we may go back down to West Bay as there are things going on down there, however, we may decide to sit around and moan about the heat. :lol  We've been having our evening meal on the patio with a herring-gull family dancing attendance just in case we leave our plates unattended or happen to drop something. They've been unlucky so far but one never knows.

Do hope Ty has some good news from Jack today and that there is a considerable improvement in his condition.

Any more news about your Step-Mum Lynne?

Safe driving Ronowen and congratulations on being first up and starting this topic (although I always think of it with the old-fashioned word 'thread'.)

Good luck with your battle with the Crocosmia Par, our garden was covered in them when we moved in 18 years ago and there are still a few pockets which we haven't eradicated. They are quite pretty flowers in moderation but, like most thugs of the plant world, they don't know when to stop. Something else we've battled with is grape hyacinth - so please don't put any of these into your garden otherwise they too will take over.

Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

August 5th, 2018, 8:21 am #5

Another trip to Liverpool and back for me today. Still unsure when David will get his surgery, the theatre list is full for tomorrow so fingers crossed they can fit him in on Wednesday otherwise it'll be another week of waiting. The catheter from his pain pump is completely blocked so they have to replace the whole thing right into the spine as well as 're securing the pump into place. Early shifts for me this week (0530 start) 

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

August 5th, 2018, 9:57 am #6

Morning all

The sun is back but it doesn't seem as warm as of late thank goodness.  We had a few claps of thunder and a well you can't even call it a shower of rain it made the road wet in places.

No more news other than what I reported the other day CA.  My sister is on holiday in Spain I do hope she isn't suffering too much re the heat there.

One good thing about our step mum in hospital my brother is getting in contact more he has been erratic in his getting in touch and it could be years although I do send him messages.

Sunday today so not a lot happening.

Safe journey home Ronowen.  Goodness Sue they are mucking David about a lot fingers crossed.

Have a good one all.

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 5th, 2018, 11:21 am #7

I surface just after 10 this morning as the hectic last few days has caught up with me and early mornings do not go down well with me  .  I landed up at the harbour yesterday aiming to just sit and watch the waves but instead watched a big 4 x 4 start to go under the incoming tide.  Not sure how he landed on the sand but it was said he was towing his boat in or out but no doubt our weekly rag will have all the details on Tuesday.  I passed a big tractor as I was heading up Harbour Road and later saw, on Nairn rocks, that it had pulled the 4 x 4 out .  What exciting things happen in Nairn .
My usual Sunday with a trip to my friend at Lethen and, as her granddaughter will be there, I will land up playing card games  .  I am having a new corner unit delivered tonight - it has been 'Frenchie' painted which means the rest of my furniture will have to be done.  I need to make changes and to do it won't cost the earth.  No Poldark tonight so will just have to catch up with things I have recorded and never got round to watching.  Have a good day folks - it is sunny but not hot as yet so will be happy it stays that way

ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant
ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant

August 5th, 2018, 7:22 pm #8

well!! sun came out and warm so decided on a plan B for the day, still needed a zzzuuuzzz after lunch and now a cool drinkies, but what the 'eck

do you have plan B's

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

August 5th, 2018, 8:33 pm #9

Just had a call from my step mum and she is home although she says as weak as a kitten.  If you remember before her op there was a fire in the building and the lift is still out of action they do have chair lifts as the stairs have landings they have to have 4 chair lifts and that alone is tiring for her.