Rain stopped play!!!

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 28th, 2018, 5:17 pm #1

I've longed to be able to say this for weeks and weeks that it isn't a five minute wonder.

We took advantage of the slightly cooler weather and got out into the garden this afternoon. It wasn't possible to do any weeding as the ground is like concrete but Kev did a bit of cutting back and I watered all the pots - and there are loads - with feed, in the hope that it will prolong their flowering as most of the stuff in the garden is looking very sad.

However I spotted this:

IMG_3665.jpg

You may remember that in June it was looking like this:

and it was recommended that we cut it back. We did as suggested and are thrilled with the result. (I know there are weeds around the trunk but a) I can't get down that far to do anything and b) even if I could the ground is so hard that it would just be a dead-heading job so I left them alone. That's my story and I'm sticking to it .)

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 11th, 2018, 7:42 pm #2

Just  spotted this after reading Kitty's post  "so sad" in general, feel guilty about not looking at more forums than I do.
It seems that your Hebe liked the hot weather CA  looking good now  ;-)

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

September 12th, 2018, 9:38 am #3

Is this the part of the garden you had to move while the neighbor did the work in their garden? If so it is really coming along if not it is really coming along looks good either way.

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 12th, 2018, 2:27 pm #4

No this has always been very much to its own devices with the odd change when something ups and dies on us. The gardener (he came for 4 days to do a redesign) spread bark over it last year but that's now wearing thin so we are talking about putting more down - but talking is as far as it's gone so far!