Pips Book Of Remembrance

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

October 15th, 2014, 7:05 pm #1

I know peeps have shared their many memories of Pip already. At the reception there will be a book of remembrance for people to write in. I know there are many, many, many reasons why people would love to be there but can't and you will be missed {{hug}}
This thread is for you to write what you would have liked to write in the book had you been able to get to the funeral. I will collect them, print them off and they will be added to the book. Please only what you would like to say and not comments, even though positive, on what others have said. Secondly, Sal is working her socks off and I'm trying to do what little I can to help BUT can you tell me BY PM if you are planning to come to the funeral even if you have told Sal. There are bits and bobs of info I might need to share. Ta mulchy
After thought, if you don't want to share your thought publicly you can pm them to me.
Last edited by kitty58 on October 16th, 2014, 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

October 16th, 2014, 1:28 pm #2

For my dear friend who I shall miss for ever, who was there to share the laughs and was there to support when the tears came, I miss our chats. Save me a seat in the garden and a bottle of vino.
Lynne 

If You Should Grieve-- by John T. Baker - Copyright 2000 -- JTB8817@aol.com
If you should grieve, my love, if you should pineWhen I am gone and just a memory,I cannot hold your hand, alas, in mine,And if you weep, your tears I shall not see.
And should you mourn for dreams that could not last,Beseeching them in vain to reappear,Should you lament the days forever past,And if you rage, your cries I shall not hear.
But if, my love, you happen to recallSome magic moment shared once long ago,Some sweet surprise, some bliss however small,And if you smile, be sure I then shall know.
For Death shall not prevail when I departAs long as I still live within your heart.
Last edited by LynneBee on October 18th, 2014, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saph25
Seedling
Seedling
Saph25
Seedling
Seedling

October 16th, 2014, 11:52 pm #3

I did not see you close your eyes,Or hear your last faint sigh,I only heard that you were gone,Too late to say goodbye.

Words are few, thoughts are deep, 
Memories of you I will always keep.

PauleneS
Mature Shrub
Mature Shrub
PauleneS
Mature Shrub
Mature Shrub

October 17th, 2014, 12:15 am #4

Dear PipI found you far too lateI lost you far too earlyWherever you are, have fun.

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

October 17th, 2014, 12:55 am #5

Time may pass and fade away
But memories of you will always stay.
Enjoy your life reunited with your beloved Sox.
Love from Mac and Mick

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

October 17th, 2014, 7:41 am #6

Although we never met I still think of you as a friend, Happy gardening dear Pip

Judy2
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Judy2
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

October 17th, 2014, 4:29 pm #7

Pip, a remarkable lady. Although I never met you I regard it as a privelege to have known you through our phone calls, e-mails and last but not least,  your wonderful web-site Real Gardeners.  Thank you, Pip, and may you be very happy where ever you are and whatever you are doing now.Out of reach but never forgotten.

Judy xx 

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

October 17th, 2014, 4:51 pm #8

I have fond memories of the times we've met Pip - mainly of you filling your trolley with plants to take back to your seaside garden.
I can also remember you wandering around my garden dropping broad hints that you'd love a cutting of this or a root of that.
Thank you so much for creating such a warm, friendly and informative gardening site - Real Gardeners. Your guiding hand will be sorely missed but it is good to know that you are no longer in pain. God bless you Pip, wherever you are.
CA x x

Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree
Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree

October 17th, 2014, 6:32 pm #9

A beautiful garden now stands alone,missing the one who nurtured itBut now she is gone,Her flowers still bloom, and the sun it still shines,But the rain is like tear drops, for the ones left behind,The weeds lay waiting to take the gardens beauty away,But the beautiful memories of its keeper are in our hearts to stay,she loved every flower even some that were weeds,So much love she would plant with each little seed,But just like her flowers she was part of Gods plan,So when it was her time he reached down his hand,He look through the Garden searching for the best,That's when he found Pip, it was her time to rest,It was hard for those who loved her, to just let her go,But God had a spot in his garden, that needed a gentle soul,So when you start missing Pip, remember if you just wait,When God has a spot in his garden, She'll meet you at the gate....
R.I.P. Pip

eileen
Established Tree
Established Tree
eileen
Established Tree
Established Tree

October 18th, 2014, 12:41 am #10

You must not think that I have gonePlease don't grieve or pineI'd rather see you smilingLaughing - working - looking fine
Death is an exciting keyWhich opens many doorsIt leads us into other worldsQuite similar to yours
Life is not an accidentDeath is not the endGod designed a mysteryLife and death do blend
So do not think that I have gonePlease don't brood or pineI'd rather see you smilingLaughing - working - looking fine
You will always be with us Pip.

Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

October 18th, 2014, 8:50 am #11

Life is but a stopping place, a pause in what's to be,A resting place along the road, to sweet eternity.We all have different journeys, different paths along the way,We all were meant to learn some things, but never meant to stay...Our destination is a place, far greater than we know.For some the journey's quicker, for some the journey's slow.And when the journey finally ends, we'll claim a great reward,And find an everlasting peace, together with the Lord
Rest in the arms of your beloved Sox dear Pip
Love Sue & David

Paineswife
Established Tree
Established Tree
Paineswife
Established Tree
Established Tree

October 18th, 2014, 8:17 pm #12

Last edited by Paineswife on October 18th, 2014, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpideyTheGhost
Mature Shrub
Mature Shrub

October 19th, 2014, 10:27 am #13

Without apology, as I know Pip would love it:

Kitty, this is the low-res version; I'll send you the high-res version. And, in case it's difficult otherwise, here is the text:
When I die,my atoms will come undone.I’ll be space dust, once again.
The wind will carry me,scatter me everywhere,like Dandelions in springtime.
I’ll visit worlds and alien moons;it will be so damn poetic -until I land on your sandwich.

Saph25
Seedling
Seedling
Saph25
Seedling
Seedling

October 19th, 2014, 10:44 am #14

Pip would love that spidey.

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

October 19th, 2014, 11:33 am #15

Pauline, I'm actually writing the all out by hand, felt it was more personal from us all. 

BunnyNo2
Flowering Annual
Flowering Annual
BunnyNo2
Flowering Annual
Flowering Annual

October 19th, 2014, 12:48 pm #16

Dearest Pip,
you brought a whole community together from around the world. Now it's time for you to sit back on your benchalong side Mike, and enjoy the view.
With respect,
Bun.

SpideyTheGhost
Mature Shrub
Mature Shrub

October 19th, 2014, 1:59 pm #17

But Kit, I'm a typographic designer and that's my design...

salli c
Established Tree
Established Tree
salli c
Established Tree
Established Tree

October 19th, 2014, 5:01 pm #18

You lot have made me cry now. Beautiful xx

xx-Sal-xx

jo m 1
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
jo m 1
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

October 19th, 2014, 6:24 pm #19

I am standing upon the seashore.  A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean.  She is an object of beauty and strength.  I stand and watch until at last she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and the sky come down to mingle with each other.  Then someone at my side says, “There she goes.”

Gone where?  Gone from my sight…that is all.  She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and just as able to bear her load of living freight to the place of destination.  Her diminished size is in me, not in her.  And just at the moment when someone at my side says, “There she goes”, there are other eyes watching her coming and other voices ready to take up the glad shout, “Here she comes!”

Thank you for everything, Pip, it was a pleasure & an honour to have known you.

Jo

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

October 19th, 2014, 7:36 pm #20

Oh Jo that has started me it is what we had at my dads funeral in June.

jo m 1
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
jo m 1
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

October 21st, 2014, 10:52 am #21

LynneBee wrote:
Oh Jo that has started me it is what we had at my dads funeral in June.
Ohhhhhhh Lynne, I'm so sorry but I didn't know.  I wouldn't intentionally hurt you for the world. (((hugs)))  I just loved the idea behind it & it seemed appropriate somehow.  I can take it out if you'd rather?  

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

October 21st, 2014, 1:03 pm #22

No leave it, it is for  the same reasons we had it at dads.  It was just the words again ((((jo))))

christine
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
christine
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

October 22nd, 2014, 10:08 pm #23

Dear Pip,

May your spirits soar with the butterflies, birds and Angels. Reunited again with Sox. Rest in peace, lovely lady. Xxxx
from Christine

moth01
Flowering Annual
Flowering Annual
moth01
Flowering Annual
Flowering Annual

December 4th, 2014, 2:40 pm #24

It was a great pleasure to have known you Pip and Sox you both helped me a lot in the past and I am so glad that we met up. You were a wonderful person.

Romeo1uk
Seedling
Seedling
Romeo1uk
Seedling
Seedling

December 7th, 2014, 12:13 pm #25

Pip , 
I am so glad I had the opportunity to know you and Sox .Many times we chatted , and I valued your opinion . I feel privileged to have known you .We grow many plants in our gardens for now and future years , and you have made a website that has grown over the years and hopefully will endure for many more .A website and community which is full of usefull information , and drawn together people from many walks of life and from around the world .Now reunited with Sox , rest in peace.Ralph and family