Oooo a (newish) rose

Do you have pictures of something gardening-related for us to look at? Have you had a particular success with something in your garden, or visited a public garden, or just spotted something unusual, beautiful or plain inexpensive that you want to share with us all? These and any other gardening titbits should be posted in this forum.

Oooo a (newish) rose

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

June 14th, 2018, 3:23 pm #1

Really proud of these two, photo taken a bit past their best. I planted some rose bushes some time ago and knew it wasn't an ideal position. Still, they have struggled up through some dense foliage of other plants and popped their heads out. Never noticed them in previous years. Now I have to be careful when pruning the other bushes. No idea of the variety but they have a lovely scent

DSCF4533.JPG

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

June 14th, 2018, 5:34 pm #2

A rose with scent - hang on to it Kitty, they are becoming a rarity even if sold claiming to have scent.

TalkkPiroo
Seedling
Seedling
TalkkPiroo
Seedling
Seedling

June 20th, 2018, 12:30 pm #3

Wow, it looks awesome! My mom planted twice a rose bush. First time was completely failed; however, the second plant she has in her garden till today! She has some red roses but flowers are not so big:) Yours are also beautiful!

SpideyTheGhost
Mature Shrub
Mature Shrub

July 6th, 2018, 10:00 am #4

That's a really lovely rose, Kit. I love yellow roses and the red stamens are a real bonus. And scent! I bought a rose this year - ironically it's one of the comparatively few plants I can get that actually likes my awful clay. Anyway, it was labelled as "heavily scented". Yeah, right. Not. It's very pretty, but I can't detect any scent at all.

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 8th, 2018, 9:16 am #5

I'm loving walking through my garden at the moment, pockets of scent here and there. Roses are almost over but the Philadelphus is in full bloom with a lovely heavy scent. The Jasmine hedge is just coming into bloom but current heat means the blooms don't last long