Taffy
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Taffy
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

September 14th, 2018, 6:45 pm #1

A few of the things growing with me
Black tomatoes.jpg Sweetcorn and beans.jpg and the runners saved for seed are all over 18 inches long. Everything I'm saving for seed is sprayed blue so I cant pick them by mistake.
Runner saved for seed.jpg clinbing french beans, blue saving.jpg Sweetcorn almost ready.jpg The sweetcorn is around 7ft tall
me with sweetcorn.jpg

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 16th, 2018, 5:48 am #2

Is that a photo of Taffy? And I also think that spraying items blue to protect future seeds is an excellent idea

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 16th, 2018, 8:35 am #3

What a good idea, blue spray. Your sweetcorn looks amazing. I have started picking mine. It was odd I picked three that looked ready, did the test but only two were really ripe. Just about finished my beans, all frozen and shall last the year until the next harvest. What is the top photo? 1/2 of me thinks plums or something similar because of the leaves and the other 1/2 toms because of the sepals.

Taffy
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Taffy
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

September 16th, 2018, 11:47 am #4

The top pic is my Black tomatoes, very surprised at how well they are doing outside, left to bush when young.
Black at first but as they grow the lower portion is green then that turns red, almost fall off when nearly ripe. A keeper, and bought from Wyevale as reduced so just £1.00.
Kitty you said your sweetcorn wasn't ripe, when the tassel is black right to the top of the cob, and I was always taught the cob should be the colour of butter, darker and it starts getting starchy. 
We used to grow it when I was market gardening outside Hastings around 1960, we grew around 1000 plants, we didn't have the selection of varieties that there is now.

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 17th, 2018, 8:30 am #5

It was really odd all tassels were the same caramel colour and the one I tested had golden kernels to the top and milky sap when squeezed. Picked two more yesterday and they were perfect. I guess it is just one of those things. Thanks for clearing up the question re plum/tomato

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

September 19th, 2018, 9:32 am #6

That looks like a good veg supply for you Taffy how many freezers do you have?  Do the black tomatoes taste sweeter?