Hello Wednesday 8th August

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 8th, 2018, 7:40 am #1

Glad David is getting his op today and hope Jack is in less pain though it will take a while. Considerably cooler here, I actually have a fleece on. Off out with the dogs and I know they will be happier. Spending the day with Isabelle and her cousin. Taking them to Aquavale this morning, a fun water centre and then to Berhamstead this afternoon where they can have a mooch around the shos and a coffee cake. I'll be there on the end of a phone mooching myself and finding somewhere different for coffee but they can phone me if they have any problems.

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 8th, 2018, 7:50 am #2

Cooler today, quite a relief to be honest. It was cooler last night too and we didn't use the fan although, to be honest, the quiet hum of the machine effectively deadens the sound of 'someone else's' snoring.

We've got some cleaning to do this morning and I've got a meal to prepare as my cousin and his wife are coming for supper. She's a brilliant cook and her home is always spotless so there's no pressure to do the same.

We managed some clearing up the in the garden yesterday morning before the sunshine forced us back inside. It looks much tidier now as we were mainly removing the spent marigolds which had put on a wonderful show.

So glad the tooth has been sorted Lynne and hope that by now it is all just a memory.

Will you be taking your camera with you to Cawdor Castle today Mac? We need some pictures you know and there's the photo competition which needs an appropriate shot.

Jane you won't know what to do with all that spare time you'll have when Stephen is able to pull his weight again. So glad he is steadily improving and I expect he is a tad fed up with being 'helpless'. Enjoy your visit to Southampton - all I know about it are the airport, docks and shopping centre. May be Maggie has some recommendations.

Good luck to David for this afternoon - about time too. It sounds to be a delicate operation but something which certainly is long overdue for being sorted.  I hope there is better news of Jack too.

Edit: we had two 'Good Morning' posts but I've merged them.

ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant
ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant

August 8th, 2018, 8:30 am #3

good morning, after the gardeners visit yesterday I started watering the borders till about 9pm, then started again at 6 am this morning and then.....the heavens opened

anyways a day in Manchester today, meet up with some friends for lunch and a few drinkies, this is that hard life I was on about

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 8th, 2018, 8:42 am #4

Morning all, not sure what today holds for us at the mo. 
Thinking of Jack and David today.
We went to Southampton before we went away and to be honest we don't go very often.
There is a walk on the walls tour but  not really sure what's on offer now as there is a lot of changes going on. I know we have a maritime museum and RJ Mitchell museum and a tudor house museum, I took our boys round them when we first moved in, back in the 70's. Ocean Village is nice but pricey, I'm sure Jane will find more to see

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

August 8th, 2018, 8:44 am #5

Morning all

The heat has returned but we also have grey clouds so maybe we will have some rain we sure do need some rain.

My tooth extraction was not a difficult one like the last was and I didn't feel her putting in the needles either.

I have to go to the shop to pick up some medication and some bits of shopping and that is all for today.

Have a good one all

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 8th, 2018, 10:40 am #6

It is quite chilly here too so much so that I have put an electric fire on to take the chill off.  I think it is warmer outside than in .  going to have to make up my mind as to whether I go to Cawdor Castle gardens this afternoon or go tonight on the head gardener's tour for members only.  Got a few hours to make up my mind  .  I also need to get some shopping in as my fridge is looking like Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard .  I have been trawling through my photos looking for a suitable one for the photo competition CA and so far I have whittled it down to about 25 but won't email them all to you  .
It was good news to hear that David is to have his op today and hopefully he will feel the benefits quickly and get home soon.  As already said I hope we hear better news of Jack and hope the pain is decreasing quickly.  Stephen, at least, is making positive progress and hopefully will be back to full chore capacity very soon .
Right off to get some shopping and then make my decision as to whether it is this afternoon or tonight ( mind you it could rain and with ITV giving two conflicting forecasts last night you never know)

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 8th, 2018, 12:47 pm #7

I don't expect you'll see this in time Mac, but the Met Office is now saying 80% risk of rain between 2 and 4:00pm today in Nairn. Dry this evening. However, the Met Office has been known to get it wrong!

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 8th, 2018, 3:52 pm #8

I have a feeling I have made the wrong decision CA as I decided I would go tonight.  It has not rained here yet but is quite overcast so I might be changing my mind altogether if it rains before 7 pm.

Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree
Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree

August 8th, 2018, 5:31 pm #9

Good afternoon 

We did a walk around the bay this morning in cooler conditions than of late but it eventually became very warm again. No rain so far despite it being forecasted. We did a bit of gardening on our return mainly to dig in some manure in preparation for planting. 

My dad apparently had a good night in his new home and seems calm and more content than usual. May it long continue. Good luck to David today for his operation. I hope Jack is doing well. Typical regarding the rain and watering Ronowen. Enjoy your outing.

Have a good day to all. 
Parlis 

Give Peas a Chance 

Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree
Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree

August 8th, 2018, 9:05 pm #10

Evening all just a quicky Jack is doing well the doctor has been to see him and is pleased with him there is a possabilty he might be home this weekend 🤞