Hello Wednesday 11th July

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 11th, 2018, 7:52 am #1

Another sunny day but not as humid as of late, long may that continue, especially as this afternoon we are helping to serve a cream tea to about 120 people outside in a NT countryside venue on top of a sea cliff. We are hoping for a bit of breeze to reduce the temperature and also to stop the cream on the scones from melting! My only task is to take along two home-made (but not by me) cakes, tea towels, a coolbox and some garden chairs. This is to celebrate 40 years since the NT acquired the highest sea cliff on the south coast - the Golden Cap.  I don't think we will have time to appreciate the view today!

DSCN4478.JPG

Maggie, I do hope that rubbish skip is filled quickly and taken away, before either you or Allan change your minds.

Kitty, does this mean that your child-sitting duties are over? Do hope resting your body resolves your problems Kitty and that it doesn't take too long as I imagine you miss all that activity with which you usually fill your days.

New Zealand sounds good Ty and it looks like his new employers are impressed enough with him to keep his job offer open - do hope he doesn't fall in love with NZ and change his mind.

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 11th, 2018, 9:04 am #2

My Child-sitting duties will probably soon be over but if anything like Jack next door she'll be losing her key at times and wanting me to let her in. Her mum works from home a lot so it shouldn't be too much of a problem and of course now she will start getting homework every day which should keep her occupied. A bit cooler here at the moment. Washing just about to go out and then I'm off to the allotment. Intend to put the last row of peas, carrots and a few courgettes in though everything is struggling in this heat and lack of rain.

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

July 11th, 2018, 9:14 am #3

Morning all

Temp was up to 36C an hour ago and is 33C now.  Please can we have some rain just to freshen things up it is just dusty and flat.  So much for having a lazy day yesterday we ended up making beefburgers and meatballs for dinners.  All the towels were washed and are now ready to put back in the cupboard.

We have no plans for anything special today so we shall see what the day brings

Have a good one all.

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 11th, 2018, 9:42 am #4

Morning all  overcast a bit here today but still warm. May pop to the club later but wont stay to watch the footie.  Hope you're feeling better Kitty and New Zealand sounds lovely Ty.
Have a good day all 

Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box
Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box

July 11th, 2018, 1:18 pm #5

I took Stephen to the Fracture clinic this morning and they are happy with the way the bone is setting,   so he can start putting a little weight (2 stone) through it, but still has to wear his boot and use his crutches for another 6 weeks, until we go back to see them again.
Jane

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
rjt.org.uk

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 11th, 2018, 6:47 pm #6

We survived the afternoon, Kev found himself a lady-friend and helped serve the drinks. Here he is complaining that he's holding a water container rather than a wine glass full of Prosecco which was also being served.

DSCN7706.jpg .

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 11th, 2018, 7:25 pm #7

Kev is doing a good job CA