Hello Tuesday 31st July

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

7:35 AM - Jul 31, 2018 #1

It looks like being a fresh sunny morning here - just right for gardening. I'm just hoping that the rain has made the soil soft enough to be able to uproot all those weeds which have been having a great time defying our efforts to remove them. We didn't get out there yesterday as it decided to have a little more rain. We had to resort to doing the housework instead.

I hope your were successful in your search for sandals yesterday Kitty. If our local shops are anything to go by they are beginning to stock up on winter goodies!

I do hope there is good news about your step-mum Lynne and that Jack's appointment will not reveal anything untoward.

ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant
ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant

8:11 AM - Jul 31, 2018 #2

Looks like this is the regular daily post thread.....so good morning, bright and sunny in Lancs so might mow the lawn

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

8:15 AM - Jul 31, 2018 #3

Oooo where in Lancs Ronowen? Today is a bit brighter and very pleasant. I've my usual Body Combat, ( for ronowen a mixed martial arts class). Eye test this afternoon and a spot of work on the allotment. Sandal shopping wasn't as successful as I'd hoped but I really enjoyed a day away from soil and housework

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

8:16 AM - Jul 31, 2018 #4

Morning all  looking bright here in Southampton so off to Sainsburys as usual then  plenty of weeding to do I guess. 
Hope all goes well for Jack  and thinking of Lynnes stepmum
Have a great day all 

Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

8:24 AM - Jul 31, 2018 #5

Morning all. Drove David to Liverpool on Sunday, they hadn't clerked him in by time I left at 7pm! Doctor finally saw him around 10pm. Surgery didn't get done yesterday as we thought as he didn't get scans done until after lunch so fingers crossed it will be tomorrow as they only operate on Monday and Wednesday. I'm on late shift today, early shift tomorrow so will drive up to see him when I finish then back at some point in the evening for late shift on Thursday. Friday is my rest day so will drive up to collect him if they haven't already discharged him.

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

8:44 AM - Jul 31, 2018 #6

How frustrating Sue, I'd imagined that it was a day surgery procedure and that he would be home done and dusted by now.

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

10:37 AM - Jul 31, 2018 #7

Bright day here but the sun has yet to appear properly.  We have not had any more rain and would really like more  .  From the farming point of view potatoes are having a bumper year but grain crops are going to be poor and many farmers are using up their silage to feed the animals now and will have little for the winter feeding .  Nothing we can do about nature  .
Meeting my friend for lunch and then back to sweeping up in the garden yet again and finish my paperwork sorting out.  I had a very fruitful afternoon, yesterday, sorting and shredding - only now find I can shred stuff relevant to Mick but not me.  And of course, I will be going to the folk group later tonight  .
Will be thinking of Jack, Lynne's step Mum and David and hope all goes well for them - hopefully ty will post as to how Jack gets on with his appointment today.  Have a good day folks .

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

11:58 AM - Jul 31, 2018 #8

Hi all
Another unbearable hot 33C day there are clouds about but they are going so fast there is no time to drop rain if they have rain to drop that is.  We had what they call here a tropical night that is any temp above 21C.

The farmers here are also in trouble and the government is giving the farmers 1.2 billion kronar to help them 

out  https://www.thelocal.se/20180731/drough ... government.

I have a big pot of spag bol on and will have some today and tomorrow and therest will be fozen so I don#t have to boil myself on future days of this heat.

Good luck and thoughts for David and Jack.  I have no more news on my step mum just the same I am afraid.

Have a good one all.

Taffy
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Taffy
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

1:35 PM - Jul 31, 2018 #9

Good afternoon everyone from a showery South Wales, they started in the early hours and were on and off till late morning. Will top up the rain we had over the weekend which was just over 2.25 inches.
Went out the field yesterday afternoon to pick beans and didn't get any mud on my boots and no sign of run off so it looks as if it all went in. That will make the weeds grow.
I've got an injection for my tendentious tomorrow, so I'll be thinking about Jack and David.
Hope that everyone is enjoying this cooler weather and getting some good sleep.

Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree
Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree

5:02 PM - Jul 31, 2018 #10

Afternoon all, Jack’s consultation with the nurse went well today he will carry on the same way he has done for the last 8 years his diet will stay the same has to cut off all peel from potatoes apples tomatoes etc! etc! and cut out fibre too much won’t be good for him, he’ll be down theatre 3 to 4hrs I mentioned about him having to ring Thursday morning about a bed and she said it would be highly unlikely there woudn’t be one for him 🤞thank you all for your best Wishes 💕