Hello Thursday 9th August

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 9th, 2018, 7:38 am #1

Definitely cooler this morning, and I've even had to put the light on as it is a bit murky. There is a small chance of rain here but I'm not holding my breath. It is shaping up to being a dog day today. We're joining Harry, the King Charles Spaniel, and his owner for a walk around a cliff top - as his owner is there he is allowed off the lead when he shows his 4 year old side rather than the elderly version we usually get on a Friday morning. After that we're joining other friends at West Bay as they have family visiting including a border collie. Later on Kev has a dental appointment. Like Ronowen - we have a hard life.

Rain after watering - typical! Ronowen. It usually rains here after the window-cleaner has been although it's not really worked these last few times.

I'm so glad your Dad appears to have accepted his move Par - as long as he doesn't think he's on holiday and eventually wants to return home. It must be very strange for your Mum.

Great news about Jack Ty. Fingers crossed that the doctor's forecast is correct, you'll be so relieved.

ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant
ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant

August 9th, 2018, 8:20 am #2

good morning, bright and sunny here.  Day out with our natural history group looking for anything growing out of the ground or on two or four legs (or maybe even more)
Tea and cake always follows out saunters.  Later in the afternoon its haircuts probably sat out on the lawn, followed by, yes more tea and cakes.  After such a hectic day will need to go out for a meal, be glad when its bedtime.  Never knew that retirement was so hard

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 9th, 2018, 8:59 am #3

Ty, what fantastic news about Jack and glad your dad settled Parlis. Just need an update on David. The girls enjoyed their day with me. Will with and without me as I had to keep my distance so I didn't cramp their style or they mine. It's trying to rain here but I'm not holding my breath for anything substantial. Ronowen, I used to live close to Manchester in Prestwich. Zumba this morning and a visit to the allotment pm.

Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

August 9th, 2018, 9:38 am #4

David finally had his surgery yesterday afternoon, went down at 3.15, spoke to him when back on the wArd at 7.25. Waiting now for whom to see the professor and his team, hopefully he'll be discharged tomorrow, I'll drive up to Liverpool anyway as its my weekend off, I can always find a hotel for the night if I need to.

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 9th, 2018, 9:57 am #5

Morning all great news about Jack, Gavid and Pars Dad
A little rain here but not doing any good so far so have a good one all

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

August 9th, 2018, 10:40 am #6

Morning all

We had rain on and off all day yesterday, the most rain we had since May but it was the wrong sort hard quick showers about 4 of them hopefully it topped the lakes up so the water won't be rationed, but saying that someone in the block is having a new shower system put in and our water is on and off I haven't had a shower but an old fashioned spit and a lick.

The sun is back but it is a pleasant 23C I have managed at last to clean some windows on the shad side of the apartment.

So good to hear all are on their way to recovery and settled down in new places.

Have a good one all.

Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box
Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box

August 9th, 2018, 11:25 am #7

Good news from all today,  so pleased the poorlies are all improving,  long may it continue.

I can't remember if I mentioned I bought a new "little" vacuum from Amazon when they had their prime day,  it's really good now I have had it a few weeks, it's a Shark and was on for £199 for prime day.   It's a really handy size and I love the battery operation.   There is a full review by another user here if any one wants to see
https://www.blog.bay-bee.co.uk/shark-du ... ur-family/

I also got a new Mobile with more memory and a faster processor (Moto 6), which also works really well.
Jane

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
rjt.org.uk

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 9th, 2018, 2:38 pm #8

We've got a Gtech vacuum and a 'dustbuster' version. Love them both. There is a downside though - the vac is light enough for me to use which is a shame as I told Kev that the plug in vacuum was too heavy for me so he took over vaccing duties. Shhh I've not told him I can use it so he's still doing the vaccing.

Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box
Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box

August 9th, 2018, 2:48 pm #9

I had been looking at the GTech,  but you need both of them to do what the Shark does so I thought I would give it ago,  I really like the "Pet" attachment for furniture.  I took it over to Dads the other day as his large long haired Grey Cat, leaves hair everywhere.
Jane

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
rjt.org.uk

Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree
Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree

August 9th, 2018, 2:53 pm #10

Good afternoon 

We did all our planting this morning and we are really pleased with it considering it is a tart up of a border rather than a well planned idea at a more sensible time of year. Even better was that it started raining as soon as we had finished. It wasn't a downpour but it will help. We planted Polycarpus, a white Buddlea, Dahlias, Potentillas, hardy Fuchsia, lavenders and Phlox. 

Good news regarding Jack and David's operation. May they continue to recover quickly. 

Have a good day to all. 
Parlis 

Give Peas a Chance 

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 9th, 2018, 4:00 pm #11

Just in after Tai Chi and my exercise group followed by lunch out which I very grudgingly (  ) agreed to do. It means I can have a more leisurely couple of hours before the ceilidh tonight as I don't have to cook .  A lovely day here and just warm enough to be pleasant - well pleasant enough for me.  So far rain promised has not materialised and it would be lovely to have some.
CA I did not make it round Cawdor Castle gardens last night simply because I got the wrong date. It could be next week but Lady Cawdor is going to get them to email me the date.  She was there for some reason herself and contacted the greenkeeper to find out if it was on or not - she is a lovely lady and so approachable.  So instead I went to Lochindorb and what a lovely evening it was.  I will email you some photos at some point with a spiel on Lochindorb Castle. I watched short eared owls quartering, looking for food for youngsters because everytime they got something they went straight back to the same place in the heather.  It could be next week but Lady Cawdor is going to get them to email me the date.  She was there for some reason herself and contacted the greenkeeper to find out if it was on or not - she is a lovely lady and so approachable.
Good to hear that all our poorlies are making progress and hopefully Jack's prognosis is good. 
I have the GTECH too ,Jane, plus the one for stairs etc and am pleased with it  .  I also have the the GTECH mark 2 upstairs as well as it saves me having to lug the other one up and down - not that I need to often.  Unfortunately technology changes so quickly these days and you think you are up to date and then they go and bring out a newer model .
Right I am off to watch tipping point- happy gardening  .

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 9th, 2018, 4:25 pm #12

Pah! those people in Devon nick all our rain! We saw the clouds darken this lunch time, then they wandered off without leaving us anything.