Hello Thursday 5th July

This is the forum to post anything that is off-topic, anything that doesn’t fit into the categories of the other forums. It’s also the place to introduce yourself if you're new to RG. Come on in and share a bit of news, congratulate someone, let off steam, or just say ‘good morning’.

Hello Thursday 5th July

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 5th, 2018, 7:47 am #1

A cloudy morning with low cloud/sea fret obscuring the hills and cliffs around us.

It looks like being a good morning for working in the garden so that's what we will be doing for a while. There are several areas which need tidying up. We've also got a neighbour's garden to water.  Nothing else is planned apart from a Morrisons and a tip visit at some stage.

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 5th, 2018, 7:55 am #2

OOOO Jane I'm getting quite excited waiting for the protective plastic to come off. Got the leeks in yesterday though it was fiddly. The ground is so dry the holes I dibbed just kept collapsing. Had an afternoon tea of peas, strawberries and raspberries on site before returning home. Today I have Zumba then I'm down to mums to take her shopping and do some odd jobs.

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

July 5th, 2018, 8:25 am #3

Morning all

We have a grey sky and 18C and it is nice, you can get a bit fed up of sun and heat.  I was so busy yesterday forgot to write in here  I was convinced I had.

I was making meals for the freezer now that is done I can relax.

Have a good one all

Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box
Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box

July 5th, 2018, 8:32 am #4

It's DONE! and the plastic film is off,  I just need to move everything back in now.

ST-20185669322.jpg

This is the utility end with the Washing machine and a new large sink. ST-20185669524.jpg

I am very pleased how it came out, just the finishing touch of the splash back behind the cooker,  but as it's a glass one,  it could not be ordered until everything else was in as it's custom shaped to the space.
Jane

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
rjt.org.uk

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 5th, 2018, 8:52 am #5

It's looking wonderful Jane - such a pity you're going to mess it up by filling and using it. It's going to be such a relief once everything is back in place and sorted.

Now all you need to do is get Stephen sorted and back to normal.

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

July 5th, 2018, 10:42 am #6

That is lovely Jane  well worth the disruptions. Are the cupboards all the same colour or is it the flash making them appear different in the 1st picture far end?

Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box
Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box

July 5th, 2018, 11:06 am #7

It's just the light they are all the same colour.  As they are gloss/metalic they change as the light moves around.
Jane

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
rjt.org.uk

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

July 5th, 2018, 11:28 am #8

So you have a magic kitchen depending on the light and time of day, month, year. Seems like a new one all the time lol

Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree
Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree

July 5th, 2018, 4:09 pm #9

Afternoon all been to town today with Michele and April Rose didn’t stop long though wanted to get home to be with Jack he is having tests tomorrow a colonoscopy and a sigmoidoscopy and been preparing for it all week by having to go on a special diet I’m so worried about him 🙁 as he has so many problems fingers crossed he’ll be fine 🤞 🙁 Hope you’ve all had a nice day.

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 5th, 2018, 5:58 pm #10

We now have a hose pipe ban as the weather has been so hot and we have had no rain.  Today reached 29 degrees  and, at last, I am home with the fan on cooling me down.  I had Tai Chi this morning followed by the exercise group.  Following that I went and had a sandwich with one of my friends from the group, parked my car on what is called the Brae and when I went back to it I think every gull in Nairn had c*****d on it so after acupuncture I had to set to clean it ( car washes closed).  I am now sitting down with a cuppa prior to getting ready for the ceilidh so guess who is going to have a long lie tomorrow .
Have a good evening folks - love the kitchen Jane and I will try and get photos of mine taken as different to yours .

Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box
Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box

July 5th, 2018, 10:43 pm #11

I'll look forward to seeing your kitchen photos Mac
Jane

rjt.org.uk