Hello Sunday 9th September

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 9th, 2018, 7:53 am #1

Not sure what the weather will be like today, it is gradually cheering up but no sunshine as yet.

Just a quick trip down to the harbour for the paper for us then the rest of the day is plan-free. I still have to sort out what I'm taking on holiday on Thursday although Kev doesn't seem all that bothered. We are going to Lanzarote for the first time and the forecast seems to indicate it is going to be in the high 20's and dry  and I always find it difficult to pack when our home temperature is different.

Do hope Jack is safely home and steadily improving.

I trust Sue is catching up on her beauty sleep after yesterday's early morning call.

I trust that Kitty is feeling more energetic today and that being poorly was short-lived. :hug

So glad that Thomas is responding to the anti-b's and :fingers that he doesn't get any unwanted side-effects. It sounds like you're going to have plenty of time to save up for your wedding hat Lynne.

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 9th, 2018, 8:01 am #2

At least there is 'talk' Lynne. Glad the A.B's have kicked in for Thomas. I took yesterday easy and feel much better. No idea what caused it but Jill next door said she'd been feeling a bit rough. I'll take the dogs out in a mo and then gauge the weather. Whatever I get up to I'll be stopping at 2.00 for lunch then watching Strictly 

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

September 9th, 2018, 9:55 am #3

Morning all

A nasty wet windy day here so I am still hibernating and we shall have jacket potatoes with lashings of butter and bacon today.  Thomas seems to be going from strength to strength although he is catching up on lost sleep he only had to take 2 pain killers all day yesterday which is great.

I have to call my sister to see how Muriel is doing I will feel better when she is allowed home again.

Have a good one all.

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 9th, 2018, 9:56 am #4

Morning all, got back from Devon about 3 30 yesterday, not a bad journey home. Now I have a load of washing to do and the club later.
Hope Jack and the other poorlies are feeling betterMorning all, got back from Devon about 3 30 yesterday, not a bad journey home. Now I have a load of washing to do and the club later.

Hope Jack and the other poorlies are feeling better. Will catch up later so have a good one all. Will catch up later so have a good one all ;-) 

Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree
Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree

September 9th, 2018, 10:48 am #5

Morning all cloudy here and picking to rain, Jack came home on Thursday a lot better than when he went in still very weak though which is understandable he has had a few problems  :nono he has a hospital appointment on Tuesday and  we’ll explain to the stoma nurse his problems  :fingers Debbie and Keith are calling in this morning and must add our family have been marvellous don’t know what I would have done without them  :shrug  :love   Hope all the poorlys are feeling better  :fingers and have a nice day all. 

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

September 9th, 2018, 11:30 am #6

Just spoken to my sister they moved Muriel out of critical care yesterday onto a ward to build her up before she will be allowed out,  The next problem for her, if you remember the fire they had there the whole apartment complex has to be evacuated for at least 6 months as the water unbeknownst until now has gone into the walls and black mold is coming out, they are trying to get places for her and her friend together.

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 9th, 2018, 12:02 pm #7

The sun appears now and again here and was told rain is the forecast for the day  :( .  Yesterday turned out to be a beautiful autumn day so I went to Cawdor Castle gardens and, despite the summer we had there is still a lot of colour there so, needless to say I have added to my collection of photos for the gardens  :lol .  I then went down to the harbour as it was so lovely and had over an hour just sitting there watching the tide go out.  I was lucky to get there before most of the camper vans as they park there ( for free) overnight and no one can get parked overlooking the sea.  My hour included an argument with one camper van owner who came up and asked me to move so he could park his van up for the night.  I was parked in the middle of three spaces between two camper vans ( who were both encroaching in to spaces either side of me ).  Hence why I spent an hour there :roll  as I refused to move.  He then parked his van so I could not have got out and the next thing I saw was some locals having a go at him as they overheard what was said to me.  He drove off away from the harbour.  There is a move afoot to stop them parking there as they empty their effluent into the river beside the harbour wall and do not want to have to pay caravan park charges to park over night. 
Anyway I hope Jack is not in too much pain and do hope the problems he has will be sorted.  It is great to hear Thomas is on the mend and appearing happier :jumpflower .   Sounds as though you picked up a bug that seems to be doing the rounds up here and fortunately I seem to have escaped it  :fingers  but maybe being on permanent antibiotics has helped.  Looks as though you ,CA and Kev are going to be away the same time as Sue and David so hope you both have a lovely time ( or am I too early for Sue and David ?)
Hope everyone has a lovely day  :sun .

Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

September 9th, 2018, 2:15 pm #8

Afternoon all. Another early start for me as I had a hairdresser appointment at 10am, got shopping while I was out. Bolognese made ready for tomorrow's dinner. Creamy chicken and Leeks tonight with the last of the new potatoes from the garden. Possibly making an Apple crumble too, haven't cooked this much in ages lol. Just over a week until holiday, will start David's packing today or tomorrow to stop the carers interfering or I can see him going away without essentials such as underwear! 

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 9th, 2018, 3:45 pm #9

Mac we too have problems with Campervan owners wanting to stay overnight in our West Bay car parks. They are charged £2 for all day and it is free after 6:00pm until 8:00am however the sign clearly says no sleeping overnight. Not that it makes any difference. They also have access to the public loos and frequently empty their effluent down the loos which, of course, blocks them. They used to help themselves to water from a restaurant which is attached to the car park - but the owners have put a padlock on it as they have a water meter but they still use their drain to get rid of their dirty water. There are several caravan parks in West Bay but, of course, they will cost more than £2 a night. Some have been known to stay for a week just paying £2 a day.To be honest one can't blame them but it does mean that there are fewer parking spaces for the cars which are coming for the day.

Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree
Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree

September 9th, 2018, 7:42 pm #10

Good evening

We had a lovely time meeting our nieces and nephews on Friday night. Once the carpets had dried out yesterday morning we put the rooms back to order and the carpets are amazing. I can't believe how good a job the ServiceMaster man did especially as they were so bad we thought they might need throwing out. The new furniture from Ikea arrived today but sadly bits are missing. The fitting for 3 dining chairs and the covers for the sofa. When my mum phoned their service line it was a 45 minute wait so she sent and email and will try phoning again tomorrow.

We got loads done in mums garden today as well as putting all the furniture together and I also cooked a roast dinner. Very busy but well worth it.

Glad to hear Jack, Kitty and Thomas are better if not completely well yet and that Lynnes step mum is out of critical care.

Have a good evening to all.
Parlis 

Give Peas a Chance