Hello Sunday 8th July

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 8th, 2018, 8:47 am #1

Yet another hot day. Not a lot going on for us today except for a visit to my cousin for tea and cake and a natter.

We decided to take advantage of the lack of traffic yesterday afternoon (apparently something good was on the TV) so popped along to visit a garden centre/garden/tea room/farm shop complex recommended by a friend. It was a very pleasant afternoon out culminating with their wild-flower meadow which was the best I've ever seen. The pictures don't do it justice.

DSCN7693.JPG

DSCN7696.JPG
So sorry that Jack has got the cancer back Ty such a worrying time for you all. I'm sure treatment will have progressed over the past six years so we'll keep our fingers crossed that it will be a simple process to remove it again.

Mac, can you clarify for me where your sons are living. I thought one of them was abroad yet your post seems to indicate that they're both in the UK. It will be lovely to see them both at the same time though.

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 8th, 2018, 9:13 am #2

So sorry to read about the return of cancer but fingers crossed Jack will beat it again . I still think it might be worth a chat with the Dr Parlis. I drink loads. Just watering the allotment for 20min saw me polish of 1/2 litre of water and I always have at least a litre of water by my bed at night which usually gets drunk. Mac I know what you mean about coming back to a tidy house after a holiday.
CA that is a beautiful meadow area

Off out for Sunday lunch today so that really will be the day sorted.

Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box
Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box

July 8th, 2018, 9:36 am #3

So sorry to hear about Jack.

Well I am nearly straight with almost everything packed away in the Kitchen, the washing done and the clothes ironed. We went shopping yesterday,  but did not do much more,  Stephen is finding the heat very tiring when moving about on crutches or the scooter.

We are out to lunch with Dad today over to a pub with good disabled access, so not much will get done.
Jane

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
rjt.org.uk

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 8th, 2018, 11:11 am #4

So hot here but surprisingly there is not a lot of sun at the moment as it is cloudy but not rain clouds unfortunately  .  I just have to pack my case now as everything is beside it ready to go in - it looks more like a case for a chemist's shop than one for going on holiday - something to do with age I guess   .  I will have my usual visit to my friend in Lethen and then pop into my neighbour for a gossip catch up.
CA Stuart has been home for nearly 18 months now having to have the tumour in his neck removed made him decide he had had enough of overseas postings and is now looking for promotion.  They both live in Sheffield but this time I am staying with Iain as Stuart's stairs are very steep  and not sure how I would cope as his toilet is upstairs while Iain has one downstairs as well. 
Your wild life flowers are lovely CA and people do not grow them enough.  I would love to have a field just for wild flowers 
Enjoy the day folks and hopefully will catch up on what is going on as Iain has a spare laptop I can use.  I am off at 7 am tomorrow !

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

July 8th, 2018, 11:19 am #5

Hi all

After a lovely coolish day yesterday no rain unfortunately we are back to sun and heat 32C.  I saw yesterday that the silver birch outside my sitting room window is turning yellow and dropping leaves I assume it is lack of rain and not an early winter, we shall see.

Not a lot on today Thomas keeps nodding off in his chair and I am sat here doing my research, it is lovley and quiet with no music on.

Have a good one all

Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree
Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree

July 8th, 2018, 11:39 am #6

Morning to all.

Another hot day here too. I am not venturing out today due to the heat and have done washing and cooking instead. Dave is chopping some lopped tree branches to make it easier to dispose of them.

Love the meadow CA. What a joy they are. I would have to be dying to go to the doctors Kitty. I will try to drink more water though. It may well help. Enjoy your visit to Sheffield Mac.

Have a good day to all.
Parlis 

Give Peas a Chance