Hello Sunday 12th August

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

8:01 AM - Aug 12, 2018 #1

We've got rain - again. I know we've been asking for rain for weeks but, to be honest, we've had enough of it now, can we have the sun back please?

We will be donning macs and going down to the harbour for the paper and a coffee and then this afternoon people are coming here for a meeting to talk about the Gardening Club website. I wasn't silly when I suggested they came to me rather than me going elsewhere.

I do hope that Jack has improved today Ty  and you enjoyed the family get-together yesterday.

It must have been good to do normal things yesterday Sue, one doesn't realise how good it is until they've been curtailed for a while.

ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant
ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant

8:06 AM - Aug 12, 2018 #2

good morning, looks like the rain kept coming all night, a lot of plants bowing over, but we needed it

a lot of motor racing on tv today keeps me occupied, i'll manage a walk frirst

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

8:42 AM - Aug 12, 2018 #3

Oops, I forgot to sign in yesterday. It was the usual Saturday for me. Taekwondo for most of the morning then up to the allotment. Dug up the rest of the early potatoes, then the shallots/garlic. Cut the last cabbage for now. Have more growing for autumn. Today I'm back to the allotment to weed the asparagus bed now the soil is hopefully softer. Cooking and Indian meal for Dave for lunch

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

9:02 AM - Aug 12, 2018 #4

Morning all we have rain too. Just the usual trip to the club for us for a natter and a few 
Glad David is home and more comfortable and hope Jack is on the mend.
Have a good day all

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

10:38 AM - Aug 12, 2018 #5

Morning all

We had soft rain from the afternoon and all through the night we have sunshine today and a nice 15C.

I have no plans for the day just the usual potter cooking and transcribing.

I do hope Jack is feeling a lot better today.

Have a good one all

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

12:14 PM - Aug 12, 2018 #6

Well it is dull here and could possibly rain but we have been saying that for ages now and only had a fleeting light shower which did more damage than good as plants are sending their roots up to get water - then the sun comes out and dries the roots  .  A few days ago it was announced that we need a month of rain to fill the reservoirs .  My ground is just dust and it is new plants that are suffering so I am making moats round them and watering into that to try to keep them alive.  More established plants seem to be coping with an occasional water so you can imagine that it is just not me who is praying for water.
Anyway good to hear David is home and you can unwind Sue  .  Hope Jack is now well on the way to getting home and that his pain has reduced.  Lynne hope your step mum is still well and being looked after. 
My usual Sunday with a visit to my friend in Lethen and then into my neighbour before having a relaxing evening moving a bookcase, cleaning it and then dusting all the books prior to putting them back in the bookcase ( 6 ft. high ) .  Yes I know I am mad but this is me making changes.
Hope you all have a great day.

Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree
Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree

1:42 PM - Aug 12, 2018 #7

Good afternoon from a wet and chilly Torquay as it was yesterday. 

It got a bit wild and windy last night too which is a worry when you have new plants in and lots of trees. No harm done so far. We got rid of a load of garden waste at the collection point down the road this morning. That's all the activities for today as it is 'orrible out there. 

Glad to hear David is home. Hopefully Jack will be home soon too. Have a good day to all. 
Parlis 

Give Peas a Chance