Hello Saturday 7th July

This is the forum to post anything that is off-topic, anything that doesn’t fit into the categories of the other forums. It’s also the place to introduce yourself if you're new to RG. Come on in and share a bit of news, congratulate someone, let off steam, or just say ‘good morning’.

Hello Saturday 7th July

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 7th, 2018, 7:00 am #1

We're going into town for coffee with friends, but first have to buy a couple of cakes from the WI Market to serve to about 120 people at a cream tea event being organised on Wednesday. I'm not a cake-maker - hence the purchases. I do hope I can keep them fresh until Wednesday.

As you saw in yesterday's thread, Kev was busy in the garden washing out the flower pots we've emptied during the year. They're all nice and clean now ready for us to fill them again.

I do hope that Jack is OK today and that yesterday's investigations resolved what is causing him problems. And  I hope that Parlis is managing to keep headache-free.

When we moved in 18 years ago we temporarily put stuff into the kitchen cabinets until we had time to sort them properly. However, there's been very little change as we now know where everything lives, even if it's not the ideal place but I'm sure you're much more logical than us Jane.

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 7th, 2018, 7:02 am #2

blue skies, sun and heat is the order of the day, again. Of out with the dogs in a mo, then water the allotment before setting off to taekwondo. That's the morning filled the afternoon will be spent pottering in the garden. Gald you had a full house at the celigh(?) mac. Parlis you might have told us before but have you seen a Dr about your headaches?

Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

July 7th, 2018, 8:53 am #3

Last late shift of the week, an hour earlier than weekdays but I still hate late shifts, especially Saturday when I'm mostly on my own, no one to talk to other than customers. Only good thing about work is the air conditioning lol.

Parliament, David suffers from very bad headaches and was asked to take part in a trial called CHESS, chronic headache something, might be worth asking your doctor about it.

The builders were at David's last night to lay the base for the new shed which they will put up today, probably so they can finish at lunchtime for the football, personally I'd rather watch the tennis.

Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree
Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree

July 7th, 2018, 9:18 am #4

Morning all, not good news yesterday after Jack had his tests the bowel cancer is back he had 6 years ago they’ve taken a biopsy and when it’s confirmed in a weeks time he will have an op in about 4 to 5 weeks 😢 he has to take it easy today so I’m not going anywhere. 

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

July 7th, 2018, 9:53 am #5

Morning all

I am so sorry to hear about Jack, Ty, I do hope that he can beat it again. 

We have a sunless morning so far with 18C which is nice.

Nothing planned for today other than watch some tennis and hide this evening as I have both citizenship with Sweden and England.

Have a good one all.

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 7th, 2018, 11:06 am #6

Another hot day here by the looks of it so my plans to blitz the house before I go away may not come to fruition.  I like to come back to a tidy, clean house as it makes me feel as though a break has been worth it when I walk back in through the door.  Apart from doing the above I don't have much on the cards apart from getting some new insect  repellent to take with me as Iain's garden is long and grassy.  Oh must remember my tick remover too .  Just a bit of ironing to do and then my case will be, more or less, packed .  I am off at 7 am on Monday to Sheffield staying with Iain this time but will see Stuart.
Sorry to hear about Jack and am sure he can beat it again  
Off to carry on with the clean up so enjoy the day folks despite the heat.

Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree
Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree

July 7th, 2018, 2:20 pm #7

Good afternoon,

So sorry to hear about Jack. It is so sad that he has to fight this terrible problem once again. We have everything crossed for him and hope with all our hearts that it will be beaten again.

We drove to Babbacombe today due to the fierce temperatures that were already apparent this morning. We spend the morning sitting in the shade in a friends garden being fed cakes and coffee and putting the world to rights. Most enjoyable. Then we had lunch out and are now home with the blinds closed and hoping our house stays cool as it usually does when hot out.

CA, you made a good point as I am terrible for not drinking much water when out and about. Dave often has to remind me. So I will make more of an effort in the future. Kitty, no I have never been to the Doctors about the headaches as they are not like migraines, (annoying but not as bad) and I doubt anything other than pain killers will be suggested. I have reduced them quite a bit by stop using sweeteners which contain aspartame which also made my neck and shoulders hurt. Also I was getting similar symptoms from the side effects of statins. I would get the head, should and neck ache everyday. Dreadful, so I stopped taking them. You can't win really.

Have a good day to all.
Parlis 

Give Peas a Chance