C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 6th, 2018, 8:08 am #1

Yet another sunny day here.

I've still got the two newsletters to finish designing so that will keep me busy this morning. Kev is planning on working the garden before it gets too hot. Not sure what else is on the cards - bet it won't be housework.

David is really being messed about by the NHS - it's so cruel. It looks like if he had gone home for the weekend then he wouldn't have been allocated a bed for this week if they haven't got a theatre available for him. I do hope they are administrating painkillers as the pump isn't working.  It's hard on you too Sue with all this travelling to visit him as well as working long hours. How is your little dog coping with the change in routine?

I'm dying to know what 'Plan B' was Ronowen - does that mean you are still at the lakes? We don't often have a 'Plan B' in mind so I tend to be a bit miffed if 'Plan A' is thwarted.

I'm glad Step-Mum is home Lynne, does she have someone there who can look after her? I've always been wary about flats with only one lift just in case it goes out of operation but it is good that at least there are chair lifts otherwise she wouldn't have been able to get into her flat.

I do hope Ty has some good news about Jack.

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 6th, 2018, 8:19 am #2

Oh Sue, so frustrating for you and David and he can't be comfortable, neither can you driving around in this heat and toy must be so worried. I'm not surprised you MIL is feeling weak Lynne and this heat can't help. Didn't quite finish the conservatory yesterday it was just so hot lugging things around and the wrought iron stuff is so heavy. Off out with the dogs now then up to the Lottie to water. Mac if there is anything about the 4x4 in the local rag do post a link.

ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant
ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant

August 6th, 2018, 8:24 am #3

good morning, but dull and overcast here in Lancashire.  So plan A is to mow the lawns, if I didn't have a plan A it would be plan B, unless I was keeping a plan B+ in reserve....maybe

have a nice day 

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 6th, 2018, 8:32 am #4

Morning all just the usual Asda shop for me after I get the washing out. Too hot to do much else. 
Have a good one all

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

August 6th, 2018, 8:34 am #5

Morning all

Slightly overcast but cooler and that is nice.  

Yes CA she has a wonderful friend who has a family that seem to have adopted her. My step mum looks after their mum who is 92 they do things together.  Also my sister lives about 20 miles away although she is on holiday in Spain at present.  The district nurse will also pop in and soon she will be having cardiac physio.

What is happening here today is the same as usual pottering washing, vacuuming you know that terrible H word.

Have a good one all.

Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

August 6th, 2018, 9:48 am #6

Fortunately I have the use of David's car which has air con, and mostly the M6 traffic hasn't been too bad, except last night just south of Keele services where in the road works there was an accident closing 2 lanes. Good old sat nav directed me off and around to the next junction. There are allowing him to have lots of oramorph, every 2 hours if needed, along with his other painkillers. I will try and get up again on Wednesday after work.

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 6th, 2018, 10:44 am #7

After a rainy night( off and on) it is now bright and sunny but we still have a strong wind which negates the effect of the rain we did have  .
Good to hear your Step mum does not have to struggle on her own Lynne and hope she continues to get better.  I hope David gets his op very soon Sue as it must takes it toll on you as well as David.  I would have thought it would have been in David's best interests to get it done asap as pumping oramorph into him for the pain is not the best thing to do.  Hopefully Ty will get news about Jack soon - she must be beside herself with worry.
Ronowen I would love to have plan B's as I very often don't have a plan A and if I do it does not mean it gets carried out or I adhere to it   .  Kitty , on Facebook,  if you look for 'Nairn Rocks' you might find postings about it but will save the article , which will no doubt appear there, and scan it if necessary as not sure our local rag is on the net
 Must get back to my list today and see if I can score something off it but then again I might go to Cawdor Castle gardens for a wander.  Choir starts back tonight so must get my music together.
Hope you all have a good day.

Edited to add that you can see the Nairnshire Telegraph online so will let you know if an article appears Kitty.  some of the comments on Nairn Rocks are funny1

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 6th, 2018, 3:25 pm #8

I'm not Kitty but am nosy so had a look on Facebook, but Nairn Rocks is a closed group so couldn't see anything.

Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree
Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree

August 6th, 2018, 7:15 pm #9

Good evening 

Another warm day so we did all the shopping as it was too hot and humid to walk. It is supposed to get cooler from tomorrow so hopefully we can get some exercise from then on. 

My dad is supposed to be moving to the nursing home tomorrow so fingers crossed that goes smoothly. Social Services called in to see him today to check he understood what was planned and gave the ok to go ahead much to my mum's disgust. She felt they were interfering as they have done in the past but I think it is not such a bad thing they ensure things are done properly and for the right reasons. Though as they haven't bothered with him for over a year and hadn't made any attempt to speak to his doctor they aren't that well informed anyway. Just box ticking as usual. 

I really hope Jack is doing well. Sorry to hear David's operation is so uncertain. Glad to see you had a safe journey home Ronowen. I hope you didn't need plan B+. Good news about your mum going home Lynne. 

Have a good day to all. 
Parlis 

Give Peas a Chance 

Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree
Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree

August 6th, 2018, 8:29 pm #10

Evening all another day at the hospital, Jack is in a lot of pain which we were told he would be, he had to have two transfusion yesterday as his blood count was low but he is getting there slowly got him out of bed yesterday to sit in the chair for a bit and today he was taken for a walk just a few yards in the ward to start with I think he’ll be in longer than 10 days 🙁 can’t wait for him to come home 😢  Hope your dad moving into a nursing home goes smoothly Parlis 🤞 glad your mum is going home Lynne 🙂 and sorry to hear about David having problem Sue how frustrating for you both 😠   Hope you’ve all had a nice day,