Hello Friday 6th July

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 6th, 2018, 7:39 am #1

A sunny morning again so Kev is already out watering our neighbours' garden and, no doubt, will do ours when he gets back.

We're walking Harry this morning at West Bay so it looks like he will be having an ice-cream to cool off - he wants an ice-cream whenever we walk him in that area, even in the middle of winter!

Not sure what else we'll get up to today - no doubt it will be 'nothing'! This heat is becoming unbearable so we tend to stay inside in the afternoons. The forecast I've heard is it will continue all through next week getting hotter as we go - possibly ending at the weekend which, if I've got my facts correct, is when schools in England break up for the summer break (I think the Scottish schools may be breaking up today).

I do hope Jack's tests today are non-traumatic - they are very intrusive and I can fully appreciate why you are worried about them Ty.

I do hope Mac is still enjoying her lie-in.

I'm a little concerned in that Parlis hasn't posted for a couple of days. Do hope it is just computer problems and not anything else preventing her keeping in touch.

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 6th, 2018, 8:16 am #2

Jack he is having tests tomorrow a colonoscopy and a sigmoidoscopy and been preparing for it all week by having to go on a special diet I’m so worried about him  as he has so many problems

I'm not surprised you are worried Ty. Hopefully today won't be too stressful . I'm hoping it is only computer problems for Parlis and all is well with Ellie. Another hot day on the cards. I have pilates this morning then lunch with Emma. Will water the allotment as I didn't do it yesterday. Issy after school until she is collected to go on her scout camp for the weekend.

Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box
Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box

July 6th, 2018, 8:36 am #3

Wishing Jack all the best with his appointment.

To hot here as well,  especially as I spend most of last evening carrying boxes back downstairs and filling cupboards.  I have a feeling I will need to have a "map" of which cupboard has which things as we are rearranging some of the locations to make best use of the three shelves in the top cupboards and the drawers on the base.

I have a meeting at my office this morning, then back to pick up Stephen from work as he finishes at 1:15 today.

Have an ice cream for me CA.
Jane

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
rjt.org.uk

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

July 6th, 2018, 8:54 am #4

Morning all

It was a cooler day yesterday but we are back to the over 30Cs again.  Just a couple of washes to do and also the kitchen floor has a few spots from the cook out.  After which the day is ours to do as we wish which I think will be trying to stay cool.

Have a good one all.

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 6th, 2018, 12:19 pm #5

Yet another hot day here with the only bonus bring that it cools down in the late evening.  It is hard work watering with a watering can so I have decided that half the tubs will get a good soaking one night and the rest the following night .  The flowerbeds will just have to cope.  I am having some stone edging sorted out in the side garden at the moment  but apart from that it will be a case of getting the place tidy to go away next Monday.  Need to iron some skirts and tops I want to take with me but it looks as though coats and warm woollies will be superfluous  .  We had a 'full to capacity' ceilidh last night and most of the proceeds went to help buy computer equipment for a lad, going up to secondary school, who has cerebral palsy and this special equipment will help him. 
I did get a lie in this morning and needed it .  Jane I am still sorting round my kitchen cupboards to work out the best places for items - I need easy access as I cannot bend well nor stretch but will get there.  Right off to make a cuppa for my workmen - enjoy the day .

Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree
Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree

July 6th, 2018, 1:30 pm #6

Good afternoon 

Sórry to worry you CA. just took a break from the computer to try and get rid of a headache. It worked I think as last time it took 4 days. This time just 2. The heat is probably part of the problem. 

Anyway we did a walk this morning which was probably not the most sensible idea as it became unbearable with the heat. What with that and the exertion I am asking for another headache! We did some light gardening yesterday. 

The kitchen is really coming along Jane. The fitter sounds like a gem. 

Have a good day to all. 
Parlis 

Give Peas a Chance 

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 6th, 2018, 1:56 pm #7

So glad you've recovered Par - do hope that headache stays away for you. I assume you are careful about being hydrated as I've found that I get a headache when I 'forget' to drink lots of water.

I've just taken a cold drink out to Kev who thought it was a good idea to give the dirty pots a wash. He's already done three tray's worth of tiny pots which he used for the bedding begonia seedlings, but he made the mistake of asking me to find any other pots which need cleaning! That'll larn 'im!

IMG_3660.jpg

Kevvy
Flowering Annual
Flowering Annual
Kevvy
Flowering Annual
Flowering Annual

July 6th, 2018, 6:23 pm #8

Virtue has it's own reward.

d 20180706_181507.jpg

Kev