Hello Friday 14th September

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 14th, 2018, 7:40 am #1

Just waking from a peaceful night. At last we will be able to see where we are as it was dark when we arrived yesterday . No sea view but at least we weren't disturbed by outside noise overnight. It's going to be a hot day as it was a warm night

Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box
Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box

September 14th, 2018, 8:08 am #2

Have a great time CA.  Hopefully the noisy entertainment will be kept away from you, so you both get a good rest.

We had a letter from Cox and Kings about our holiday, apologising that the hotel we were supposed to stay in in Tirana was over booked so they had moved us to a 5 star one just down the road. I expect we will survive :lol 

I have been working on my Family research this week as we are off to a Golden Wedding Party next week, so I have been working on a peripheral line of the brides mother, and very challenging it turned out to be.

Hope all the poorlies are improving, have a good one all.
Jane

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
rjt.org.uk

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 14th, 2018, 8:19 am #3

Sounds intriguing Jane, what would you have done if you'd found a terrible family secret? Glad you arrived safely CA. Yesterday I planted 12 more cauli and 12 kale plants for spring harvest. They have joined the cabbages. Today I realltmust do some indoor jobs.

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

September 14th, 2018, 8:55 am #4

Morning all

We had to send Thomas back to the doctor yesterday as he had a hot spot on the same foot as the wound he has.  They found out he has also got plantar fasciitis a painful condition of the heel.

Sun keeps coming and going we had rain all night and colder than it was yesterday.

Just waiting for a person to arrive with a special cushion for Thomas to sit on.

Have a good one all

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 14th, 2018, 9:04 am #5

Morning all enjoy your hols CA and Ke. Sorry to hear Thomas is still in some discomfort and Jack is back i hospital , do hope both are  feeling better soon and Jack is home.
Just a walk to the village for me not sure what else so have a good one all ;-)

Kevvy
Flowering Annual
Flowering Annual
Kevvy
Flowering Annual
Flowering Annual

September 14th, 2018, 9:28 am #6

Didn't stop CA having a hearty breakfast. 20180914_092422.jpg

Third course!!

Kev

Kevvy
Flowering Annual
Flowering Annual
Kevvy
Flowering Annual
Flowering Annual

September 14th, 2018, 9:35 am #7

CA here - no it was'nt - I'd had fruit salad first!

Kev

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 14th, 2018, 10:12 am #8

I do hope you have asked for a discount due to disappointment with your upgrade Jane. :lol We don't have your touch.

Poor Thomas, he's not having much luck at the moment. Do hope Jack is improving.

Getting my own back - sitting on the balcony catching up with what's going on.

IMG_20180914_094859568_HDR.jpg

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 14th, 2018, 11:47 am #9

A late good morning from a dull/windy/ rainy off and on and sunny on occasion Nairn.  Must not moan about the rain as it is needed to fill up the reservoirs.  not much on the cards today until the evening when I am going to a celtic music do in the community centre.  Maybe I will go and find a duster :smile
Yesterday I went to an interesting talk , part of it given by an old classmate of mine, on the development of the health service in Scotland.  It went back to the 1300's to the Beatons who were physicians just like my predecessors were.  My maiden name was Macleay which means  son of a physician.  Tonight I am going to another music night but this time Scottish with 2 singers and a band as well - I know it will be a good night. 
It is not good to hear that both our poorlies are not making progress as we AND they would like.  I do hope :fingers  that we will get better news very soon. 
CA a dietician would say that fruit salad and a slice of toast would be heathy eating on its own but, I suppose, you are on holiday and anything goes (down :rofl  )  I cannot wait to get back to Falkirk where my cousin's husband does a mean cooked breakfast :knifenfork  as I do not enjoy it is I have to cook it myself  :nono .  It is good you have Wi-Fi as some might run amok in your absence   :roll .  Anyway have a lovely holiday both of you  :sun .  Sue and David must be ready for the 'off' too and hope they arrive safely and have a lovely time too.
Have a great day everyone :) .

Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree
Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree

September 14th, 2018, 2:05 pm #10

Good afternoon

It is a fairly nice day weather wise so we got back into the swing of our walking regime with a round of St Marchurch and Babbacombe. Very nice it was too.

I have cooked a curry for the next 2 days dinner, stripped a chicken to freeze in bags for Ellies next few dinners and done her and us some rice to go with.

Have a great trip CA and Kev. The weather looks lovely as does the breakfast. Enjoy your music night Mac. Sorry to hear Thomas is still suffering with the foot and I hope Jack is getting better.

Have a good day to all.
Parlis 

Give Peas a Chance 

Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box
Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box

September 14th, 2018, 4:16 pm #11

> Sounds intriguing Jane, what would you have done if you'd found a terrible family secret?

Depends on how many generations back it is!   The Grandmother of the Golden wedding cousin is a character,  she had 1 child out of wedlock then 5 years later married a man 14 years her senior and had 4 more children followed after his death by another child out of wedlock, before 7 years later marrying another man 15 years her senior.
Jane

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
rjt.org.uk

Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial
Mrs Sue
Herbaceous Perennial
Herbaceous Perennial

September 14th, 2018, 8:02 pm #12

On ly one more shift to work then that's me finished with work for 3weeks.
Had a bad end to the afternoon when i checked my emails. I booked a hotel for the night before the cruise (this coming Monday night) way back in January, through Best Western central reservations. but had an email today from the hotel saying they bad 'missed' the note on the reservation about us having to have an accessible room. To say i lost it is an understatement. With it being the Southampton boat show there is little to no chance of trying to book a romantic night now so we've booked the Premier inn in Lymington, about the nearest we could get with accessible accommodation and free parking on-site. Best Western will be getting an email and the hotel a negative feedback on trip advisor.
Anyway, packing done ready to load in the car when i finish work tomorrow a nd go up to David s.

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

September 14th, 2018, 8:45 pm #13

That's such a shame Sue after you being so organised. At least you've found somewhere nearish. Have a great holiday, it can only get better.