Hello Friday 13th July

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 13th, 2018, 7:13 am #1

A cloudy, muggy morning but no indication that we may get anything like the hoped-for rain.  We're walking Harry this morning and then need to go to Morrisons this afternoon as we didn't get there yesterday because we had an 'outing' day instead. We've been meaning to visit Hestercombe Gardens in Somerset for a while and decided on the spur of the moment that yesterday was the day. To get there we had to drive through rain but later found out that none of it fell on Bridport.

The grounds were designed in the 1800s as a Georgian Landscape Garden - lots of 'follies' placed so that they had wonderful views of the landscape. As this was designed so many years ago many of the views are now less impressive due to the growth of the trees and shrubs but nevertheless well worth the effort it takes to see them - due to the hilly site and some quite steep inclines.

This follie is called the 'Witch House'

DSCN7811.jpg

and for some reason Kev thought that he needed to take a picture of me sitting inside it!

P1110499.jpg
There are also formal gardens and a big house which we didn't get inside due to shortage of time.

P1110510.jpg

P1110511.jpg

DSCN7830.jpg

Congratulations on your gold medal Kitty. Don't do yourself down, you must have been the best one there in your section to have been awarded it.

So glad you're having a busy time with your sons Mac and getting out and about.

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 13th, 2018, 8:04 am #2

Norty Kevvy making you pose in the witches house!!!!! I will be going to pilates this morning but won't do any activity that pits weigh on my wrist though it does seem to be improving though slowly. Eby to the vets this afternoon and Issy after school. Thunderstorms were forecast for today but not now. We may be lucky if we get a bit of rain this afternoon.

This is one I won't be doing and yes I can do it :-)
85057c22_side-plank.jpg

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 13th, 2018, 8:46 am #3

We need photographic evidence of your ability to do that pose Kitty.

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 13th, 2018, 8:53 am #4

Morning all cloudy here too may or may not get any rain, No plans for today just the washing  etc.
Wish I could do that Kitty 
The garden visit looks good CA although I thought Kev was mean taking that pic 
Glad you having a good time Mac 
Have a good day all

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

July 13th, 2018, 9:23 am #5

Morning all

We had a promise of a thunder storm last afternoon but 2 flashes to bangs and a spit of rain and it was all over.  Today we have a new high of 36,6C and rising.  It was declared by the kommun (council) yesterday that we are not allowed to use hose pipes, which so unusual here it is big news.  We have so many lakes and they seem to be at normal height but maybe they are just preparing us.

I meant to congratulate you yesterday Kitty so many well dones now

No plans other than to stay cool.

Have a good one all

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 13th, 2018, 11:17 am #6

Going out shortly so just popped in to say it has been raining here for the last 90 mins or or so - not torrential but steady rain which will do some good as Iain's grass is shrivelled up brown!.  Tomorrow I head for home and not looking forward to it as trains can be busy but having assistance .will at least mean they will ensure I get my seat. Will catch up on what has been happening on Sunday.

Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree
Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree

July 13th, 2018, 3:05 pm #7

Good afternoon. 

It is around 24 degrees but there is a decent breeze so quite nice. We walked to Babbacombe where I had a trim up then lunch at our favourite cafe. 

Loved the photos CA. Have a safe journey home Mac. Keep cool Lynne if possible. 

Have a good day to all. 
Parlis 

Give Peas a Chance