Good Morning Monday

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 9th, 2018, 6:50 am #1

Just waiting for my taxi so popping in to say we did have some rain yesterday - some drizzle which was on and off for over 2 hours but never nade any difference to the ground really as we need days of it to penetrate the ground properly.  It is dull again this morning and maybe some more rain on its way but doubt if there will be enough to make any difference.  Have a good day folks 🙂

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 9th, 2018, 7:41 am #2

At the moment any rain is good rain. Definitely nothing on the horizon like that here. Have a good time while you're away Mac, it will be lovely to see both your boys.

There are no plans here - we don't really have the energy (nor the inclination) to do much by way of jobs. Kev was up at 5:00am doing the ironing (I knew he wasn't in the bedroom but thought he was sitting at the computer so when I got up to investigate I couldn't find him!) He does the ironing in the attic which, as you can imagine, gets very hot at the moment so he thought that it would be good to get it out of the way while it was slightly cooler.

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 9th, 2018, 8:01 am #3

Have a great time Mac. I'm going to mums today to take her for a hair appointment and do some shopping.

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 9th, 2018, 8:39 am #4

Morning all back from our hols now so back to normal today. Asda shop for me  then washing and ironing, such fun. 
Just one bad day on Wednesday otherwise  scorchio  
Have a good day all 

Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box
Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box

July 9th, 2018, 8:52 am #5

Morning all, have a great time Mac.

Well I came down to the Kitchen to find a line of ants making it's way across the Kitchen,  so it was out with the Ant killer around the door and quick vacuum to deal with the ones already in the house.   I can put up with any number of spiders,  but I really don't like ants.
Jane

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
rjt.org.uk

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

July 9th, 2018, 9:03 am #6

This is what Chris Packham says about dealing with ants in the house:
The heatwave may have brought armies of ants and wasps into your home.

But whatever you do, don’t kill them, says wildlife expert Chris Packham.

A bowl of sugar left outside would keep ants from going indoors, he said, adding that chemical sprays or powders should be avoided.

While the UK pest control market is worth more than £400million, the Springwatch presenter, pictured, says people ‘can’t pick and choose’ which animals to protect.
He said: ‘A supply of food can train ants to go anywhere you like – they are ants. Ants are as important a part of your garden as the blue tits on the feeder.’
I'm not saying this is what I'd do, just repeated what he says.

Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box
Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box

July 9th, 2018, 9:23 am #7

The ones in the Garden I leave alone,  we have millions living along the front edge of the garden and down the backs of the walls,  those I leave alone, if they come in the house they are fair game. 
Jane

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
rjt.org.uk

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

July 9th, 2018, 10:16 am #8

Morning all

Sun is out but it is cooler today yayy still no rain though. 2 washes done and out a 3rd about to go in. Besides that nothing else planned.  I read that a line of chalk on the floor will stop ants they don't like the powder on their feet.

Have a good one all.

Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree
Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree

July 9th, 2018, 12:12 pm #9

Afternoon to all.

Another hot day here too. Yesterday was horrible. We went for a walk early this morning to try and beat the heat. Then came home, got the car out and did the shopping. I am just about to chuck something in the slow cooker for later then have another shower.

Enjoy your visit Mac. I with you on the ant front Jane, (not the sp**er front though as I am so phobic, can't even say or type the name of them), they are all gonners if they come in the house. Welcome back Maggie. I hope Jack and Ty are coping. Big hugs to them. Kev is amazing not only getting up that early but to do the ironing too. He needs a reward.... a cake or two possibly?

Have a good day to all.
Parlis 

Give Peas a Chance 

Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree
Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree

July 9th, 2018, 3:59 pm #10

Afternoon all another hot day here and I’m drained of energy hope the weather forecast is right for tomorrow as it’s supposed to rain 🤞 Been to Gnoll Park this morning and enjoyed the walk around the lake and wooded area there was a nice breeze to keep us cool then we had a snack and cuppa at the cafe 🙂 I’m not coping well Parlis but Jack is fine 🤔  Had a .txt off grandson Daniel this morning he’s only gone and got a 1st in his exams at Cardiff University he is now Master of Civil Engineering we are all so proud of him 👏👏👏    have a good time Mac and hope you’ve all enjoyed your day despite the heat xx