Friday 10th

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 10th, 2018, 7:43 am #1

Morning all no plans for today only a walk to the village if the promised rain holds off, if not I will drive.
Off to set the jiggies so have a good day all 

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 10th, 2018, 8:00 am #2

Errr Maggie - you are getting ahead of yourself - today is Friday. :lol  (I've amended your subject.) I can sympathise as both Kev and I have got ourselves out of synch with the days - we were both convinced yesterday was Friday as we'd walked Harry. There must be something in the southern air.

We've got another doggie morning walking Harry and then this afternoon it's Morrisons time (we usually do the shopping on a Thursday but time got away with us yesterday - no doubt it will yet again throw us as far as to what day it really is.  At least Monty Don will be on TV this evening so that should anchor us. )

I do hope there is good news from both David and Jack that both are home today. All this hospital visiting is not good.

Ronowen, I thought it was compulsory to have tea and cake while out walking - it is for us and if there's no cafe on the walk then we don't go.

Mac your birdwatching sounds wonderful such an experience to watch nature at work. You do move in very elevated circles - chatting to Lady Cawdor, hope you eventually go on your guided walk.

No rain here so far although there is an 80% forecast that we are getting some this morning. It is certainly getting a bit dark. I can see us getting drenched while walking Harry - he won't mind as he prefers it to the heat.  (Have just looked out of the window and the patio is wet ... will have to see if we can find our macs

kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
kitty58
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 10th, 2018, 8:04 am #3

sunny at the mo but we are promised rain. Also a lot cooler only 13C forecast. I have mums G tech hand vacuum, mum has the upright which she loves but couldn't manage the handheld as you have to keep the button pushed in for power and she can't do that with her hands. I really hope David is allowed home today and Sue and he can just relax, hope Jack is soon to follow. I've pilates this morning and then pick up my glasses this afternoon. Mac, an e-mail from Lady Cawdor, how posh

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 10th, 2018, 8:07 am #4

Oppps thanks CA 

ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant
ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant

August 10th, 2018, 8:24 am #5

good morning, its a Plan B day and its raining

Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box
Jane_T
Mad Woman in a Box
Mad Woman in a Box

August 10th, 2018, 8:39 am #6

Kitty the Shark is good for that as you turn it on and off with the button and it's quite light.  There were a few spots of rain here as I walked back from dropping Stephen down to work,  I am hoping it turns into something more.

I am on duty this weekend so I need to pop up to the office and get the phone.  If it's dry my car needs a vacuum out so I might do that and give it a quick wash.
Jane

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
rjt.org.uk

Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree
Tybeanie
Established Tree
Established Tree

August 10th, 2018, 8:56 am #7

Morning all it was raining when I got up but has stopped now having breakfast at the mo then going to catch an early bus to the hospital for a coffee and read the paper then going to have a bite to eat before visiting Jack he was so tired and weak yesterday and the nurses are back and forth tending to him all the time I can’t see him coming home in the next few days 🙁 do hope I’m wrong 🤞 Have a nice day all. 

LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree
LynneBee
Established Tree
Established Tree

August 10th, 2018, 9:12 am #8

Morning all

We had rain in the night yayyy and we have high winds now with promises they will get stronger.

Plans for today are none do as we wish.

I hope the poorlies will begin to feel better soon.

Have a good one all.

MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
MacT1
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 10th, 2018, 12:13 pm #9

Well my plan B is already in place as plan A never materialised  .  I went back to bed after a call of nature at 7.30 as that is the middle of the night for me and thought a 9.30 rising time was just about right to get a quick tidy up and get off out to do all the things I have to do today but when I woke the clock said 11.30  so plan B came into force Ronowen and now some of the things won't get done but there is always tomorrow  .
We had a very busy ceilidh last night and raised a good amount to be disbursed in two weeks time to local charities and good causes.  I have had quite a busy week so I guess today's lie in was my body catching up.  I have a few things that I have to do today but tonight will be a quiet one.  We are desperate for rain up here and not sure that the cloud we now have is going to part with any .  We have been promised rain over the last two days with the Scottish forecast but it seems to be avoiding us.  Oh the sun has just come out again!
Sorry to hear Jack is not getting well as quickly as we would all like but especially you and Jack Ty.  While he still needs attention he is in the best place Ty.  Hopefully David will be home today so at least one does not have the hospital trek to do.  Parlis it must be a relief that your Dad seems to have settled into the home so quickly.
Have a good day folks and I am now off to get ready to go out.

C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree
C.A.
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 10th, 2018, 12:44 pm #10

We have rain, heavy rain. Unfortunately we are about to get home with the shopping and have to carry it up the path

cheap as chips
Champion Tree
Champion Tree

August 10th, 2018, 5:16 pm #11

We had the same CA but the sun is out now 

ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant
ronowen123
Plug Plant
Plug Plant

August 10th, 2018, 6:45 pm #12

we had rain then sun, then rain, and now booootifull sun, just in time for drinkies out on then lawn, its a hard life innit 

Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree
Parlis
Established Tree
Established Tree

August 10th, 2018, 8:54 pm #13

Good evening 

We've had lots of rain on and off today with a dry and fine evening. Our new plants are loving the sunshine and showers. Sadly the rain also brought the badger back who did his usual trick and dug up the lawn looking for worms. Luckily he resisted walk accross the bed with the new plants but he has done it so often we fear it is only a matter of time.

Sorry to hear Jack is not strong enough to come home yet Ty. Fingers crossed it won't be long. I hope David is doing well. Mac it sounds like you needed the lay in especially as you are so busy lately. Take it easy. 

Have a good evening to all.
Parlis 

Give Peas a Chance