Autumn Gather 12/13/14 Oct

Highwaylass
Highwaylass

February 20th, 2018, 1:34 pm #1

In days gone by there was a meet at Conkers in October to facilitate visits to Dave-the-D and to reward ourselves for a good season with a barbecue and the exchange of war stories. This relied heavily on Jim's kindness in pitching the party awning and Graham's willingness to attend and review scorecards.

Last year a break was taken from Conkers and a few of us gathered at Blackmore C&CC site, close to the Malverns. It's a lovely site with a social hall (didn't need it in 2017 but it's good to know it's available) and a bit cheaper than Conkers, which boots prices up in October because it's close to the NEC and the autumn Motorhome and Caravan Show.

It was a good weekend so please note in your diaries, if you like this sort of thing, that the dates for 2018 will be 12/13/14 Oct.

You don't need to come on your bike - cars, caravans and motor homes all welcome, and there's some pre-pitched Ready Camp tents but they are a dog-free zone.

No need to sign up here or commit in advance - just book with the site.

Last edited by Highwaylass on February 20th, 2018, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit me at my blog: Transport of Delight

Paul Belcher
Paul Belcher

February 21st, 2018, 8:44 am #2

Thats me booked in with my foldy caravan for 4 nights then cool
I`m going to start living my days, instead of counting my years!

jjosey
jjosey

August 24th, 2018, 9:30 pm #3

Booked in for 5 nights from Wednesday to Monday so I can have a wander around the local area. Looking forward to a nice bit of peace and quiet. *cheers* *ale*

My RBR 2011 book
'Only regret the things you don't do'

Paul Belcher
Paul Belcher

August 29th, 2018, 7:24 am #4

Sorry Jim, I`ll be there!
I`m going to start living my days, instead of counting my years!

jjosey
jjosey

September 3rd, 2018, 1:51 pm #5

Paul Belcher wrote:Sorry Jim, I`ll be there!
So I'm told. Apparently the local noise abatement societies for all adjacent counties have warned the local wildlife of extreme noise emissions coming from the campsite at night and a 'beware of the bullshit' advisory during the day (especially if accompanied by the smell of alcohol) ;-) *cheers*

My RBR 2011 book
'Only regret the things you don't do'