Master list of English Subbed Novelas

September 30th, 2014, 12:47 am #1

I'm only including translations that have been completed or are active. There are too many that have been abandoned halfway through.
Dramafever
Aguila Roja Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5
Alguien Te Mira
Aurora
Botines
Cuestion de Sexo
Desaparecida
Donde esta Elisa?
El Clon
El Donante
El Tiempo Entre Costuras
Fragiles
Gran Reserva
Isabel: Season 1, Season 2
Hijos del Monte
La Familia de al Lado
La Fuga
Los Hombres de Paco
Montecristo
Mujeres Asesinas: Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4
Sangre Fria
Tratame Bien
Un Paso Adelante
Una Maid en Manhattan

**Viki
Accoralada
Catalina y Sebastian
Eva Luna
Mi Gorda Bella
Olvidarte Jamas
Ramona

**These were edited down from their original airing of 100+ episodes into a much smaller number.

Youtube
Aliados/Partners
Alma Pirata/Pirate Soul
Casi Angeles/Almost Angels
Rebelde Way

Netflix (You must pay)
Aguila Roja
El Cartel
El Dorado
El Senor de los Cielos
Gran Hotel
La Fea Mas Bella
La Reina del Sur
La Promesa
La Usurpadora
Lo Que La Vida Me Robo
Maria la del Barrio
Pablo Escobar
Para Volver a Amar
Rebelde
Rubi
Velvet
Violetta
From my understanding dramafever is not available in a lot of countries.
If it's blocked in yours, I recommend downloading the Hola add on which allows you to use a United States IP address. If you need more help with setting that up, let me know.

Am I missing any?

December 2nd, 2014, 9:27 pm #2

This telenovelas are online and completed? Do you translate all of them? Wow!!!

December 2nd, 2014, 9:50 pm #3

No, no. These are translations others have done.

December 2nd, 2014, 10:49 pm #4

Oh... That's nice! Thank you for posting them.

May 7th, 2015, 3:13 am #5

Which one of these is in the same vein as El Internado? Or at least as interesting as El Internado?

May 7th, 2015, 5:08 pm #6

Most of them are telenovelas so...you know what to expect lol.
I've heard good things about Isabel and Paco's Men, but I haven't watched them myself yet.

May 7th, 2015, 8:31 pm #7

I know/have seen some of the above mentioned series.

From the 'Complete' list :
I've seen few episodes from Montecristo and I liked it.
It's based on the novel called the 'The Count of Monte Cristo' by Alexandre Dumas. The novela is a tale of revenge, with this version featuring "drug trafficking, kidnapping and military dictatorships." It was directed by Miguel Colom, and stars Pablo Echarri and Paola Krum. (So it's definitely a telenovela, but from the better kind, it has 145 episodes.)

I heard good things about Mujeres Asesinas/Killer Women; it's a 'mini series', it only has 78 episodes altogether.

Violetta is the 'teen-telenovella' of the moment. It's a worldwide phenomenon of Disney! I would say that the music is okay, but the story gets incredible boring from the 2nd season (actually from the second half of the 1st season). It has altogether 3 seasons (240 episodes)

From the 'In Progress' list:

Aliados/Partners is a 'mini series' it only has 44 episodes (if I remember correctly). It's about 7 teenagers and about their life. It's quite a lot of supernatural elements in it. I have seen it completely, it's not at all a telenovella. I can't say if it's similar to El internado (I haven't seen it yet).

I also have seen Alma Pirata/Pirate Soul completely. It has 138 episodes and it's a series full with adventures and mysteries. It tells the story of 3 friends who're looking for 'Alma', the green emerald and they want to find out what happened with their parents who have died inside a burning ship.

Casi Angeles/Almost Angels tells the story of a group of teenagers who're coming from different backgrounds. It has 4 seasons and each season has it's own story lines. I don't really know what else to tell about it. I've seen the 3rd and the 4th seasons completely and I've seen most of the other 2 seasons. I'm one of the translators of the series (currently we're working on the 2nd season). Even though it has 4 seasons and more than 500 episodes, I wouldn't call it a telenovela, though some scenes/plot lines (especially in the 1st season) are 'telenovella-like'.

Mi Gorda Bella/My Beautiful Fat Valentina is one of the adaptations of the telenovela called 'Betty la fea/Betty, the ugly.

Rebelde Way is a 'teen-telenovella'/series. It tells the story of the students of Elite way school. The series has 4 main characters (Mia, Manuel, Pablo and Marizza) who came from different backgrounds and in the end became best friends and each changes for the better over the 2 seasons. The series and it's Mexican adaptation (Rebelde) are still extremely populars...

May 7th, 2015, 11:59 pm #8

Wow! Thank you florerr. This is helpful. I guess I have my work cut out for me.

May 8th, 2015, 2:08 pm #9

Thanks for the links and explanations, Jenn and florerr!
I watched the first episodes of Mujeres Asesinas/Killer Women (this series of the link is the version from Argentina, but there is a version of Mexico as well) and is excellent but very scary! The version of Argentina gives much fear that Mexico, in my opinion.
From what I know, unfortunately Ramona was blocked on Viki and the group is no longer able to make the subtitles and post there...

June 4th, 2015, 7:13 pm #10

Netflix has all three seasons of Gran Hotel. It stars Yon Gonzalez, who plays Ivan in El Internado.

Confirmation of reply: