What pschological problems does Raven have?

A forum soley for our lovely goddess Raven.

What pschological problems does Raven have?

leahgrave
Cadet

04 Jul 2004, 17:18 #1

Has anybody notice that Raven always wears longsleves and she never eats anything, except herbal tea which speads up your matoblism and has zero calories? Raven shows signs of an eating disorder and self-injury.
Suicide is never chosen, its when the amount of pain exceeds the resources to cope with pain.

Floppy
Superhero
Floppy
Superhero

04 Jul 2004, 17:20 #2

well. On Final Exam You see her going out for Pizza! :dunce:
Well, butter my butt

leahgrave
Cadet

04 Jul 2004, 17:45 #3

True...........but you never see her eat. People with ED (eating disorders) do that. They suggest and cook and may even chew the food and spit it out in a cup that you can't see through (useful tip if you have to eat) Not to mention, the amount of control she needs to keep her powers under control could make a person seek a false sense of contol outlet.
Suicide is never chosen, its when the amount of pain exceeds the resources to cope with pain.

Solo
Superhero
Solo
Superhero

04 Jul 2004, 17:52 #4

Maybe Raven is anorexic! :wtf:

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"
"We have clearly reached the point where only rampant and unchecked stabbing can save us."

"I feel a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of catgirls suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced."

leahgrave
Cadet

04 Jul 2004, 18:28 #5

That would explain why she is always hidding her figure under her cloak.

IluvRobin
Cadet

04 Jul 2004, 19:34 #6

Maybe Raven just doesn't like food. :dunce:

Jay
Superhero
Jay
Superhero

04 Jul 2004, 20:03 #7

Or maybe the cartoons just are not a constant surveillance of the lives of all the characters. There are a lot of things we don't see them do.

04 Jul 2004, 20:07 #8

I dunno, I personally think she has the right idea.

Her attitude? She's self-reliant, not needing to fall back onto others, and not being controlled by her emotions - IMO a plus.

Her lifestyle? She does things her way, regardless of what others may think of it. Seldom eating? Much herbal tea? Anti-social people-hater who prefer to take a step back from the world? Her way. Many people like that, myself included.

Looking at the messed up world around us, full of people who feel some kind of dire need to impress their peers, afriad to live their life in the way they want to, eat what they want, wear what they want, act how they want and getting consumed by their emotions.... I think most so-called 'normal' people have psychlogical problems...

leahgrave
Cadet

04 Jul 2004, 21:55 #9

Everybody in the world have some sort of 'issues' and I know that the cartoon itself doesn't explore the entire world of teen titans; but speaking realisticly and examining them as real people Raven would have alot to worry about. And as far as her living her own life and not caring what other people think is really not justified in the show itself. Example in 'fear itself' she was too worried about keeping her famos emotionalless status thus she unwillingly created a world of little demon monsters.

04 Jul 2004, 22:24 #10

That only goes to emphasise the point though. In that episode, she got so obsessed over what other people thought of her (not willing to admit someone like her could actually be scared) that it backfired like that. Lesson learnt, she now knows better than to let herself get consumed by the relatively unimportant opinions of other people.

leahgrave
Cadet

04 Jul 2004, 22:33 #11

Granted that she might have learned her lesson but there is no evidence of that. Don't get me wrong I am one of those 'anti-social' people also; but I, unfoutunitly have had experiances with both mutalation and eds. I'm not out to bash Raven if thats what anybody is thinking. I just see the warning signs is all.

DarkShadows
Teen Titan

04 Jul 2004, 22:34 #12

Well, she is half demon. Maybe she doesn't need to eat.

That or the writers didn't think it was very important to show her eating. :sweat:
It was meant to end this way, because if it wasn't then it would have never ended...

Gonna act like a dumbass? Then, you'll be treated like a dumbass.

Jay
Superhero
Jay
Superhero

04 Jul 2004, 23:41 #13

What about the eps where she goes to the pizza parlour?

04 Jul 2004, 23:50 #14

I'd imagine she does eat, just not necessarily with the other Titans.... maybe in her room or something.
leahgrave wrote:Granted that she might have learned her lesson but there is no evidence of that. Don't get me wrong I am one of those 'anti-social' people also; but I, unfoutunitly have had experiances with both mutalation and eds. I'm not out to bash Raven if thats what anybody is thinking. I just see the warning signs is all.
Eh guess we have our own opinions on it. She just doesn't strike me as a person who particularly cares too much about others opinions of her.

Jay
Superhero
Jay
Superhero

05 Jul 2004, 01:49 #15

Shakey_Jake33 @ Jul 4 2004, 07:50 PM wrote:
leahgrave wrote:Granted that she might have learned her lesson but there is no evidence of that. Don't get me wrong I am one of those 'anti-social' people also; but I, unfoutunitly have had experiances with both mutalation and eds. I'm not out to bash Raven if thats what anybody is thinking. I just see the warning signs is all.
Eh guess we have our own opinions on it. She just doesn't strike me as a person who particularly cares too much about others opinions of her.
I agree with Shakey_Jake33. I seem to recall she was in denial about having fear, not to preserve her image to the others.