Question of height

MessageBoard to discuss the works of R.A.Salvatore.

Question of height

SilentNiyte
Registered Member
SilentNiyte
Registered Member

June 25th, 2012, 1:33 am #1

Does anyone know offhand how tall Drizzt and Catti-brie are?

Are they about the same height?   Or since drow are generally shorter than humans would Catti-brie be taller than him?
Kind of a trivial detail but I'm working on picture so if anybody knows for sure it'd really help me out.

BEAST
Registered Member
BEAST
Registered Member

June 25th, 2012, 5:25 am #2

Nyte, My Dear,

Drizzt and Cat are both 5'4". Sources are pretty consistent about that.

You can fudge that a little if either one of them is having a bad hair day, though!
<Comprehensive Chronology of RAS Forgotten Realms Works>

"He is blunt, yes, particularly with criticism. He speaks of error without apology and without judgment, simply telling the honest truth and leaving it up to the offender to correct, or not to correct this situation. Bruenor never allows tact or empathy to get in the way of his telling the world how it can be better!"
--On BEAST, and Bruenor Battlehammer; Drizzt Do'Urden (The Crystal Shard, Part 1)

SilentNiyte
Registered Member
SilentNiyte
Registered Member

June 25th, 2012, 12:38 pm #3

Ah Thank you Beast! I had a feeling you'd know. I should really have your number in case of trivia emergencies!

BEAST
Registered Member
BEAST
Registered Member

June 25th, 2012, 5:27 pm #4

¡De nada, Señorita!

1-800-ASK-BEAS ext. 8 (for "T")

or

1-800-IMBEAST.

Wouldn't that be cool?

"He is blunt, yes, particularly with criticism. He speaks of error without apology and without judgment, simply telling the honest truth and leaving it up to the offender to correct, or not to correct this situation. Bruenor never allows tact or empathy to get in the way of his telling the world how it can be better!"
--On BEAST, and Bruenor Battlehammer; Drizzt Do'Urden (The Crystal Shard, Part 1)

Mitsurugisan
Registered Member
Mitsurugisan
Registered Member

July 3rd, 2012, 3:00 pm #5

Whoa.. I never realized drizzt was that short. lol

How tall is Artemis?

BEAST
Registered Member
BEAST
Registered Member

July 3rd, 2012, 9:57 pm #6

Mitsurugisan wrote:
Whoa.. I never realized drizzt was that short. lol
Well, he is a dark elf! They tend to be shorter than humans.

But he's actually slightly tall for a male drow. It must be those tall genes from his father, Zak.
How tall is Artemis?
Streams of Silver said that Artemis was barely as tall as Cat, and the lorebook Hall of Heroes stats him as exactly the same height as her (and Drizzt): 5'4".

The FR Campaign Setting (3E) statted him up at 5'5".

He has always been described as a "small man". And he appears to mirror Drizzt in size and movement.
Last edited by BEAST on July 3rd, 2012, 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SilentNiyte
Registered Member
SilentNiyte
Registered Member

July 6th, 2012, 3:32 am #7

Hahaha, ok, so actually....everyone in the forgotten realms is about 5'4- Even Wulfgar! 

BEAST
Registered Member
BEAST
Registered Member

July 6th, 2012, 9:32 pm #8

SilentNiyte wrote:Hahaha, ok, so actually....everyone in the forgotten realms is about 5'4- Even Wulfgar! 
Heck, even Bruenor and Regis! And Biggrin the frost giant! Bwahaha!

SoulAxe
Registered Member
SoulAxe
Registered Member

August 2nd, 2012, 11:35 pm #9

Mwaahahaha... Wulfgar is 7'

"My axe is my soul and because of that it belongs close to me, without it I am incomplete."
Quote from Against Inevitability by James Oliver

kayin72
Registered Member
kayin72
Registered Member

July 11th, 2018, 6:51 pm #10

This completely ruined the mental image i had of Drizzt, i always pictured him as a regular elf height, which made a the sparring between Drizzt and Wulfgar more believable, i just cant picture now a 5'4 Drizzt fighting a 7' tall Wulfgar, it seems almost comical now :(

Oh well in my mind he will always be taller and Artemis as well XD