New Members, Introduce yourselves here

Discussions that fans may have about life and about R.A. Salvatore and his multiple series!
Federicocap
Registered Member
Federicocap
Registered Member

May 4th, 2017, 9:32 pm #21

GrinningDwarf wrote:
Howdy!

I read the first 6 or so Drizzt novels when they first came out, but then got away from fantasy for a lo-o-o-ong time. Finally got back into it, and D&D, about the time that 5e was released, and I've been catching up on everything I've missed in the meantime. It's a fun trip!
Welcome!

Bianca
Registered Member
Bianca
Registered Member

August 29th, 2017, 12:50 am #22

Hello! My name is Bianca. I stumbled upon Salvatore when I was in grade 7; I found him when I was looking through the library at school. I picked up a book, seemingly at random, and it happened to be The Icewind Dale Trilogy. I read the first page, and I was hooked (when Drizzt is caught unaware by a tundra yeti).

Salvatore really inspired me to write, though... due to an... unfortunate series of events, I stopped writing and never started again. The only thing I ever started and finished was a blog about the worst period of my life.

I remember a sense of excitement in my Game Informer magazine when they talked about the new Demon Stone game coming out because you could play as Drizzt, and I was so excited.

In World of Warcraft, I used to main a rogue with a name close to Drizzt (Drizzt was taken on my realm), but some jerk reported it and I had to change it. ;(

I am excited to be a part of your forum.

Minerva
Registered Member
Minerva
Registered Member

December 21st, 2017, 2:46 pm #23

Laethyn wrote:I know we've tried this in the past, but with the sudden spurt in growth, and new members, I thought we'd give it another go.

So, new members, introduce yourselves, don't mind the lunacy of some of the long standing members. It's the subliminal messages I've .... errrrr... nevermind that.

Seriously though, welcome. If anyone gives you a hard time, "push" back.

Here are some links to some of the more interesting topics, and more frequently asked questions:

What order should I read the books in?

Go here to find out.

How do I post an image/create a spoiler/have one of those nifty signatures I see everyone with?

All can be found here

I want to talk about a movie based on RASalvatore's books, where should I do that?

Try here

Any words of wisdom from THE MAN himself, RASalvatore?

sure, try here.

Any other authors I can talk about?

We've got a great group here:

James Lowder
Paul S. Kemp
Thomas M. Reid
Jonathan Moeller
Christie Golden
Erik Scott de Bie

I want to do some role playing online, can you help me out?

Darn tootin'!

Where are the board guidelines?

Right here.

I need to contact the Moderators and/or Admins. How? Where?

Or click on my name to bring up my profile, and send me a message.

Cheers, and welcome to the boards!

~ Laethyn
Hello!

I've been a member since 2003, was very activevttgen, read a lot of RA Salvatore books: all of Cleric Quintet, and the companions books, but somehow got stuck on Sea of Swords... Will continue again soon.

Thought I'd chime back in. I'm trying to get used to thius new tapatalk app...

Is that poetry thread I started still alive? I wonder.

-Minerva

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Minerva on December 21st, 2017, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blindpoet
Registered Member
blindpoet
Registered Member

December 29th, 2017, 7:01 am #24

Hello hello! What a lively bunch! Well I could not think of a good username, and found my old account still here. My name is Emerald Birch!
Drizzt read me Hineland when I was sick. Salvatore’s work has deeply influenced me since. The beautiful dark elf took me to Icewindale. Then he oassed me to Jarlaxle, whom U was beginning to take to deeply. There us always a huge place in my heart for Drizzt. During that time U prayed out of desire station to the Unicorn Goddess. After my illness got better and under control I discovered who I was through Drizzt: This was probably a little late, 2007. Drizzt and Nr. Salvatore have helped shape me in to the young witchlet I am now, and the fantasy writer.
I love Salcatore’s Work, but have always been preoccupied by Druzzt to devote my time to the DemibWars, but that’ll be next.
I was also an old member, but my computer and U broke down. Glad to see this group is still around!

Maphesta
Registered Member
Maphesta
Registered Member

January 22nd, 2018, 10:33 pm #25

Hi folks,

I really want these forums to resurrect, rven though I'm new myself.

Actually, I posted a thread in 2013 about the Gauntlgrym book from the Neverwinter saga but that was basically it.

I'm Vincent, 32 y/o now. Fell in love with The Dark Elf trilogy when I was 20 and got the fat book as a birthday gift. I never was a reader so I didn't plan on reading it if it wasn't for the "Forgotten Realms" logo. You see, I was a huge fan of Neverwinter Nights back then, so that logo peaked my interest.
R.A. Salvatore had me hooked on page 3, when Menzoberranzan was being described. I didn't know what to expect and didn't know about the Icewind Dale trilogy at all, so as far as I knew Drizzt would never escape the Underdark.
I tell you, when he finally escaped and enjoyed the first rays of sunlight... I experienced my first rays of sunlight right next to him. I have never been so swooped off my feet by any story, ever.

The Companions of the Hall are a part of me now; part of my identity.
It's all bittersweet, somehow.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N950F met Tapatalk

Silinrul
Registered Member
Silinrul
Registered Member

February 10th, 2018, 1:44 pm #26

Yeah, so I figured I'd give this forum a look. I've chatted with the man himself in the past via Facebook Messenger.

Anyway, is this just a discussion board? If so, Google screwed up. I was looking for forums than run free-form role-playing threads.

Riskaa
Registered Member
Riskaa
Registered Member

February 23rd, 2018, 11:41 pm #27

Ah, hello. Its probably long past time that I found my way here... I've been reading Salvatore's novels for as long as I've been reading. I have unashamedly read the Drizzt saga from prequel to Hero many times over... usually every time a new book came out I would reread the entire collection... I was very sad when I came across the homecoming trilogy in the middle of last year (I stopped reading because I thought The Last Threshold was the last of it.. lol.) And then I was terrified there would be nothing after Hero. I'm super excited for Timeless. Rediculously so.

BurrowWardenBelwar
Registered Member
BurrowWardenBelwar
Registered Member

March 24th, 2018, 5:20 pm #28

I don't get on here very much anymore, but seeing as Bob is writing a new series now, thought I'd poke my head in a little more often.  I've read all of Bob's books with the exception of the Cleric Quintet which I plan on jumping on soon.  Gonna have to read Child of a Mad God first though.
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:7-9).

abdoullfurya
Registered Member
abdoullfurya
Registered Member

April 25th, 2018, 9:39 am #29

Hello , I'm Abdullahi from Nigeria and big Drizzt fan, I started r reading it 2 years ago while googling fantasy books and I saw sojourn. After reading it I realised I have no idea how gwenwyvar came to be or who zaknafein really is so I went back and started reading Homeland . Now am stuck at the two swords. I tried the orc king but it seems alot has happened after the two swords.
Which book do I read next?