The Artist

January 26th, 2012, 11:13 pm #1

Be careful of any pirate copies of "The Artist" going about. I got one: rubbish quality, it's black and white, couldn't hear the dialogue

January 26th, 2012, 11:53 pm #2

Tut, Tut, Rum! I can't say I'm sorry - piracy is one the main banes of the film industry! ....I went to film convention at the Empire Cinema, L Sq last year where independent film makers were discussing piracy and the effect it has on their businesses. Nick Moran (Actor in Smoking Barrels) went near ballistic telling the story of how much money he lost when his pet project that he directed called The Kid was pirated out of existence... As for the Artist - try to see it on a big screen - it's worth it!
No Drama, No Point!

January 26th, 2012, 11:56 pm #3

It was a joke Mobs. It's a silent film, in black and white

I didn't really have a pirate copy

January 27th, 2012, 10:29 am #4

....Bad Joke!
No Drama, No Point!

January 27th, 2012, 10:49 am #5

Sorry Mobs. I think Danny Baker made this joke on Radio, I picked it up on facebook.

It's a black and white, silent film, a tad unusual for a hit movie in the 21st century. There are various versions of this joke e.g. entire audiences in Liverpool demanding their money back because they couldn't hear the dialogue and there was a problem with the colour.

January 27th, 2012, 10:58 am #6

rumbaba wrote:Sorry Mobs. I think Danny Baker made this joke on Radio, I picked it up on facebook.

It's a black and white, silent film, a tad unusual for a hit movie in the 21st century. There are various versions of this joke e.g. entire audiences in Liverpool demanding their money back because they couldn't hear the dialogue and there was a problem with the colour.
S'ok Rum! When you have friends in the industry and you know what a demon piracy is and how it affects the 'workers' - not the fat cats....well.

The Artist is a pretty good film - I saw it (a bit reluctantly) last week and had it not been for all the hype (& the fact that it's bound to score high at the forthcoming Oscars at the end of Feb) I think I would have waited for the dvd. I am an avid fan of film and this is surprisingly entertaining....and yes, the dog, who's been on more promotional rounds than his human counterparts, should get an Oscar!

>>>>>>>a smiley dog wagging tail please!
No Drama, No Point!

January 27th, 2012, 11:33 am #7

Simon Cowell wants to hire the dog, or so I read.

Caissier is a 'cat man', not sure you'll get a dog

January 27th, 2012, 12:25 pm #8

rumbaba wrote:Simon Cowell wants to hire the dog, or so I read.

Caissier is a 'cat man', not sure you'll get a dog
Well Simon knows a sure thing when he sees it - can't believe he'd entertain any animal though - they're too messy!

Caissier is a 'cat man' but for the sake of parity.....anyway my request was half-hearted
No Drama, No Point!

January 31st, 2012, 3:14 pm #9

I got your gag straightaway, Rum; surprised to see the usually alert Mobs asleep at the wheel!

The mass walk-outs were, of course, nothing of the sort. A Liverpool cinema manager was on Five Live saying that a hadfull of eejits (not his word) asked for their money back.
What surprised me is that they have such a money-back policy if you leave within ten minutes of the start.
When I think of the time and money I've wasted on some stinkers...

Grandpa Simpson:

"The sound was too loud and the romantic sub-plot was unconvincing; I want my money back."

January 31st, 2012, 3:37 pm #10

wrote:surprised to see the usually alert Mobs asleep at the wheel!
...Lost my favourite aunt last week May-cee, on the same day I aged a year!
No Drama, No Point!

Confirmation of reply: