and this is okay, as it is a balance...

I will not give that up 100%... I just no longer have it 100% of the time
sssssssssssssg

Val
Val

June 5th, 2010, 2:09 pm #4

and this is okay, as it is a balance...

I will not give that up 100%... I just no longer have it 100% of the time
you don't have to give it up 100% of the time. We just have to learn that a treat is just that..... a treat. We need to treat ourselves some or else we feel too deprived which is not a good way to feel. So enjoy your ice cream, just enjoy it in sensible servings! Gosh, I used to eat HUGE bowls of ice cream. I find now that when I do allow myself a little ice cream, I take time to enjoy it more because I only allow myself x amount. I take time to taste it instead of just hogging it down. So actually, less is more for me, because I do take time to really enjoy the taste now. Get more pleasure out of the treat than I ever did before when it wasn't a treat, but just the way I ate.

Val
Val

June 5th, 2010, 2:10 pm #5

sssssssssssssg
nt

Laurie
Laurie

June 5th, 2010, 11:44 pm #6

you don't have to give it up 100% of the time. We just have to learn that a treat is just that..... a treat. We need to treat ourselves some or else we feel too deprived which is not a good way to feel. So enjoy your ice cream, just enjoy it in sensible servings! Gosh, I used to eat HUGE bowls of ice cream. I find now that when I do allow myself a little ice cream, I take time to enjoy it more because I only allow myself x amount. I take time to taste it instead of just hogging it down. So actually, less is more for me, because I do take time to really enjoy the taste now. Get more pleasure out of the treat than I ever did before when it wasn't a treat, but just the way I ate.
You are doing better than me... as I am not just having a serving as of yet...

I need to learn sensible servings when it comes to ice cream and that will come...

You are so right too, when we savor it, it is best (((Val))) Laurie