Information: We have upgraded the board to new software. Please visit http://forum.killthecan.org/
chewie
Superman of Quit
Joined: November 20th, 2006, 8:26 pm

September 3rd, 2018, 12:51 pm #401

Give this is read... read till the end.

https://www.killthecan.org/oral-surgeon-visit-today/

NAFAR.
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace
"Now that I've quit, I'm really living.' - iuchewie
QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd Floor - 2.08.07 / 3rd Floor - 5.19.07 / 4th Floor - 8.27.07 / 5th Floor - 12.05.07 / 6th Floor - 3.14.08 / 7th Floor - 6.22.08 / 8th Floor - 9.30.08
9th Floor - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th Floor - 7.27.09 / 12th Floor - 11.04.09 / 13th Floor - 2.12.10 / 14th Floor - 05.23.10 / 15th Floor - 08.31.2010 / 16th Floor - 12.9.10
17th Floor - 3.19.11 / 18th Floor - 6.27.11 / 19th Floor - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st Floor - 4.22.12 / 22nd Floor - 7.31.12 / 23rd Floor - 11.8.12 / 24th Floor - 2.16.13 / 25th Floor - 5.27.13
26th Floor - 9.4.13 / 27th Floor - 12.12.13 / 28th Floor - 3.24.14 / 29th Floor - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st Floor - 1.17.15 / 32nd Floor - 4.27.15 / 33rd Floor - 8.5.15 / 34th Floor - 9.13.15
35th Floor - 2.21.16 / 36th Floor - 5.31.16 / 37th Floor - 9.8.16 / 38th Floor - 12.17.16 / 39th Floor - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st Floor - 10.13.17 / 42nd Floor - 1.21.18 / 43rd Floor - 5.1.18
44th Floor - 8.9.18
Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com
Quote
Like
Share

Seadotsea
Newbie
Joined: August 27th, 2018, 3:39 pm

September 6th, 2018, 4:53 pm #402

Day 26 of my quit! The last week was pretty good, couple times I had strong cravings but for the most part I’m starting to think about chew less and less.
This morning was brutal though. Had random anxiety, fog and heartburn all at once. The only thing I can think is my mind is playing tricks on me.

Nights are the worse for me, I associate so much with chewing at night. The other night I was outta seeds so I grabbed coffee grounds and shoved them in my mouth!

I won’t cave though. I just don’t want to chew ever again. However I could do without the side effects or whatever this is!

I think this is one of those bad quit days! I kinda felt due for one anyway!
Quote
Like
Share

chewie
Superman of Quit
Joined: November 20th, 2006, 8:26 pm

September 13th, 2018, 2:51 pm #403

PLEASE NOTE:

There are some changes coming to the forums shortly... see below for details

https://www.killthecan.org/forum-changes-coming-soon/
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace
"Now that I've quit, I'm really living.' - iuchewie
QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd Floor - 2.08.07 / 3rd Floor - 5.19.07 / 4th Floor - 8.27.07 / 5th Floor - 12.05.07 / 6th Floor - 3.14.08 / 7th Floor - 6.22.08 / 8th Floor - 9.30.08
9th Floor - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th Floor - 7.27.09 / 12th Floor - 11.04.09 / 13th Floor - 2.12.10 / 14th Floor - 05.23.10 / 15th Floor - 08.31.2010 / 16th Floor - 12.9.10
17th Floor - 3.19.11 / 18th Floor - 6.27.11 / 19th Floor - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st Floor - 4.22.12 / 22nd Floor - 7.31.12 / 23rd Floor - 11.8.12 / 24th Floor - 2.16.13 / 25th Floor - 5.27.13
26th Floor - 9.4.13 / 27th Floor - 12.12.13 / 28th Floor - 3.24.14 / 29th Floor - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st Floor - 1.17.15 / 32nd Floor - 4.27.15 / 33rd Floor - 8.5.15 / 34th Floor - 9.13.15
35th Floor - 2.21.16 / 36th Floor - 5.31.16 / 37th Floor - 9.8.16 / 38th Floor - 12.17.16 / 39th Floor - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st Floor - 10.13.17 / 42nd Floor - 1.21.18 / 43rd Floor - 5.1.18
44th Floor - 8.9.18
Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com
Quote
Like
Share

Lookinup
Quit Ninja
Joined: March 1st, 2017, 11:05 pm

September 14th, 2018, 4:53 pm #404

oops wrong place have to figure out what the heck I'm doing
Quote
Like
Share

Syndrome
Superman of Quit
Joined: November 13th, 2008, 3:39 pm

September 14th, 2018, 8:50 pm #405

ok, i'm just gonna say it. this new forum is a cluster fuck. 90% of you won't give a damn. 

I post in ~40 groups every day. I often read through the posts of the prior day. if I can't be returned to where I left off, the well I guess fuck anybody posting something useful because i'm going to the last page. 

quoting is a fucking pain in the ass. if I ain't doin it right then tell me what i'm doing wrong.

and oh by the way I can't tell if someone is already posting so fucking bumpapalooza!

message: can't use certain bb tags. {img} well that's fucking great because I can't even see the damn tags in the first place

and lets not even get into the fuckin issue of the server going down.

my fucking plan was to be here until at least when I hit the 60th floor at age 60. in 60 days I hit 10 years. that may be it.

and don't even get me started on the fucking ads.
any day what ends in "y" is a good day to be quit... hay man today ends in "y"

man if all your gonna do is post statis updates, stick to the face book and tweeter. you wanna quit with me? then gosh darn it post roll.

hof speechin or the best dam intro thred. and your all ways wellcome over to the party bus a quit

my thots on when to leave kill the can and my very own words a wisdom
Quote
Like
Share

flash
Superman of Quit
Joined: June 17th, 2009, 4:47 pm

September 14th, 2018, 9:24 pm #406

Syndrome wrote: ok, i'm just gonna say it. this new forum is a cluster fuck. 90% of you won't give a damn. 

I post in ~40 groups every day. I often read through the posts of the prior day. if I can't be returned to where I left off, the well I guess fuck anybody posting something useful because i'm going to the last page. 

quoting is a fucking pain in the ass. if I ain't doin it right then tell me what i'm doing wrong.

and oh by the way I can't tell if someone is already posting so fucking bumpapalooza!

message: can't use certain bb tags. {img} well that's fucking great because I can't even see the damn tags in the first place

and lets not even get into the fuckin issue of the server going down.

my fucking plan was to be here until at least when I hit the 60th floor at age 60. in 60 days I hit 10 years. that may be it.

and don't even get me started on the fucking ads.
This was not our choice nor our planning.  Zeta was bought out by Tapatalk and this was forced on us.  You are welcome to a full refund.
KTC..... Where the cool kids quit.

"The second you stop and believe your own hype, you've lost."
- Mark Owen, Navy Seal & Author: No Easy Day

Quit June 17, 2009 / HOF Sept 24, 2009
Quote
Like
Share

Syndrome
Superman of Quit
Joined: November 13th, 2008, 3:39 pm

September 14th, 2018, 9:54 pm #407

are the ads here to stay?
any day what ends in "y" is a good day to be quit... hay man today ends in "y"

man if all your gonna do is post statis updates, stick to the face book and tweeter. you wanna quit with me? then gosh darn it post roll.

hof speechin or the best dam intro thred. and your all ways wellcome over to the party bus a quit

my thots on when to leave kill the can and my very own words a wisdom
Quote
Like
Share

j2b
Superman of Quit
j2b
Superman of Quit
Joined: January 24th, 2011, 4:22 pm

September 14th, 2018, 10:27 pm #408

Syndrome wrote: are the ads here to stay?
Not if we can help it...
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters
Quote
Like
Share

GDubya
Quit Jedi
GDubya
Quit Jedi
Joined: July 17th, 2011, 8:01 pm

September 15th, 2018, 2:14 am #409

What the hell has happened to our Quit Site ???
Quote
Like
Share

Smeds
Superman of Quit
Joined: May 20th, 2014, 3:02 pm

September 15th, 2018, 2:46 am #410

GDubya wrote: What the hell has happened to our Quit Site ???
Someone didn’t see the horseshit coming, obviously. Or they didn’t care, chalking it up to, “its out of our hands”.
HOF Speech

The Bluebird can sing, but the Crow's got the soul.

Don't get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are ...

HOF --- 07/21/2014
2nd Floor --- 10/29/2014
3rd Floor --- 02/06/2015
One YEAR! -- 04/13/2015
4th Floor --- 05/17/2015
5th Floor --- 08/25/2015
6th Floor --- 12/03/2015
7th Floor --- 03/12/2016
TWO YEARS --- 04/13/2016
8th Floor --- 06/20/2016
9th Floor --- 09/28/2016
Monster Quit Dick, aka: 1,000 --- 01/06/2017
THREE YEARS --- 04/13/2017
11th Floor --- 04/16/2017
12th Floor --- 03/19/2017
13th Floor --- 11/02/2017
14th Floor --- 02/10/2018
15th Floor ... 05/21/2018
July 2014 DD's

Quote
Like
Share

trigerhapy
Quit Jedi
Joined: January 6th, 2015, 4:35 pm

September 15th, 2018, 3:00 am #411

Smeds wrote:
GDubya wrote: What the hell has happened to our Quit Site ???
Someone didn’t see the horseshit coming, obviously.  Or they didn’t care, chalking it up to, “its out of our hands”.
Having a hell of a time with the server dropping out. Not sure if I'm bumping anyone. Definitely takes way too long to post around in a  bunch of groups. I know I should give it some time to get used to the new sight but I'm really not liking it. I don't know about you guys but I might not stick around.
Quote
Like
Share

Smeds
Superman of Quit
Joined: May 20th, 2014, 3:02 pm

September 15th, 2018, 3:05 am #412

trigerhapy wrote:
Smeds wrote:
GDubya wrote: What the hell has happened to our Quit Site ???
Someone didn’t see the horseshit coming, obviously.  Or they didn’t care, chalking it up to, “its out of our hands”.
Having a hell of a time with the server dropping out. Not sure if I'm bumping anyone. Definitely takes way too long to post around in a  bunch of groups. I know I should give it some time to get used to the new sight but I'm really not liking it. I don't know about you guys but I might not stick around.
I’ll be limiting my posts to my home group for now I think ... but we’ll see how things progress. DEFINITELY not digging the ads popping up. Quitting ain’t for sale. I feel bad for the newbies, it’s enough of a struggle without your lifeline changing. I honestly knew nothing about this coming down the pipe, until the site was down this AM. Saw a post on Facecrack summing up the “migration”, kinda. Fuck the app ... tapatalk has ALWAYS sucked.
HOF Speech

The Bluebird can sing, but the Crow's got the soul.

Don't get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are ...

HOF --- 07/21/2014
2nd Floor --- 10/29/2014
3rd Floor --- 02/06/2015
One YEAR! -- 04/13/2015
4th Floor --- 05/17/2015
5th Floor --- 08/25/2015
6th Floor --- 12/03/2015
7th Floor --- 03/12/2016
TWO YEARS --- 04/13/2016
8th Floor --- 06/20/2016
9th Floor --- 09/28/2016
Monster Quit Dick, aka: 1,000 --- 01/06/2017
THREE YEARS --- 04/13/2017
11th Floor --- 04/16/2017
12th Floor --- 03/19/2017
13th Floor --- 11/02/2017
14th Floor --- 02/10/2018
15th Floor ... 05/21/2018
July 2014 DD's

Quote
Like
Share

redtrain14
Quit Jedi
Joined: February 9th, 2008, 2:52 am

September 15th, 2018, 3:08 am #413

The ads are being worked on.

I think the app works great but I’ve been using it for awhile.


Sent from my iPhone with a touch of anarchy
Quit Date: 2/7/08

Quit Group: May 2008 TTF

Quote
Like
Share

trigerhapy
Quit Jedi
Joined: January 6th, 2015, 4:35 pm

September 15th, 2018, 3:23 am #414

Smeds wrote:
trigerhapy wrote:
Smeds wrote:
GDubya wrote: What the hell has happened to our Quit Site ???
Someone didn’t see the horseshit coming, obviously.  Or they didn’t care, chalking it up to, “its out of our hands”.
Having a hell of a time with the server dropping out. Not sure if I'm bumping anyone. Definitely takes way too long to post around in a  bunch of groups. I know I should give it some time to get used to the new sight but I'm really not liking it. I don't know about you guys but I might not stick around.
I’ll be limiting my posts to my home group for now I think ... but we’ll see how things progress.  DEFINITELY not digging the ads popping up.  Quitting ain’t for sale.  I feel bad for the newbies, it’s enough of a struggle without your lifeline changing.  I honestly knew nothing about this coming down the pipe, until the site was down this AM.  Saw a post on Facecrack summing up the “migration”, kinda.  Fuck the app ... tapatalk has ALWAYS sucked.
On the site through PC browser and it's cumbersome for me. Agreed, feel bad for all the noobs and pre hof. I suppose I'll stick to the home group as well and see if I can get used to it.
Quote
Like
Share

buccobro
Quitter
Joined: April 28th, 2017, 4:17 am

September 15th, 2018, 3:40 am #415

trigerhapy wrote:
Smeds wrote:
trigerhapy wrote:
Smeds wrote:
GDubya wrote: What the hell has happened to our Quit Site ???
Someone didn’t see the horseshit coming, obviously.  Or they didn’t care, chalking it up to, “its out of our hands”.
Having a hell of a time with the server dropping out. Not sure if I'm bumping anyone. Definitely takes way too long to post around in a  bunch of groups. I know I should give it some time to get used to the new sight but I'm really not liking it. I don't know about you guys but I might not stick around.
I’ll be limiting my posts to my home group for now I think ... but we’ll see how things progress.  DEFINITELY not digging the ads popping up.  Quitting ain’t for sale.  I feel bad for the newbies, it’s enough of a struggle without your lifeline changing.  I honestly knew nothing about this coming down the pipe, until the site was down this AM.  Saw a post on Facecrack summing up the “migration”, kinda.  Fuck the app ... tapatalk has ALWAYS sucked.
On the site through PC browser and it's cumbersome for me. Agreed, feel bad for all the noobs and pre hof. I suppose I'll stick to the home group as well and see if I can get used to it.
I think this will be resolved. When a 10 year quitter tells me they’re working on the ads, I trust him. Let’s just give it some time. Don’t start planning your cave due to the site changing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote
Like
Share

Syndrome
Superman of Quit
Joined: November 13th, 2008, 3:39 pm

September 15th, 2018, 9:34 am #416

if your tellin me its eezyer to post from a phone then a pc then they just threw the baby out just to have clean bath water.
any day what ends in "y" is a good day to be quit... hay man today ends in "y"

man if all your gonna do is post statis updates, stick to the face book and tweeter. you wanna quit with me? then gosh darn it post roll.

hof speechin or the best dam intro thred. and your all ways wellcome over to the party bus a quit

my thots on when to leave kill the can and my very own words a wisdom
Quote
Like
Share

redtrain14
Quit Jedi
Joined: February 9th, 2008, 2:52 am

September 15th, 2018, 12:38 pm #417

https://www.killthecan.org/forum-migrat ... -hear-you/




Sent from my iPhone with a touch of anarchy
Quit Date: 2/7/08

Quit Group: May 2008 TTF

Quote
Like
Share

PabloCruzer
Newbie
Joined: September 11th, 2018, 3:00 am

September 15th, 2018, 1:55 pm #418

Blowing off steam.   Just about the time I am figuring out how to communicate on the KTC site,.....they change it.   If there is a support group to help those few who are not technically gifted or a thread, I wish I could find it.  My opinion, one problem is that most (99%) of folks on the site have been involved in forums before, know how to use and navigate them and assume that we all know how.  While the retarded few (1%) have no clue.  Frustrating.  

Can't post the all important "Role Call" if you don't know how.  The helpful few can not bring them selves to a level low enough to be able to help.  
Quote
Like
Share

PabloCruzer
Newbie
Joined: September 11th, 2018, 3:00 am

September 15th, 2018, 1:56 pm #419

At least I'm not the only one.  Misery loves company.
Quote
Like
Share

strider51
Newbie
Joined: July 31st, 2018, 2:54 am

September 15th, 2018, 2:24 pm #420

Just take a class on HTML and get a mouse for your phone. What's so hard about that? </sarcasm>

I've been in IT for 20 years and have a lot of experience with inexperience, if you will. I've always felt the roll call posting process here was a lot to ask of casual users.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


Quote
Like
Share

batdad
Quit Wizard
Joined: January 5th, 2017, 4:08 pm

September 15th, 2018, 2:36 pm #421

It’s ok to be frustrated... it’s ok be upset....

It’s also ok to give it a couple days, I promise there are a bunch of people working on these issues.

No matter how much of a pain in the ass posting roll is, it’s still easier than posting Day 1

If you’re looking for a reason to leave, it’s pretty easy to find one... it’s always been easy to find a reason to leave.

If you need help, reach out... My phone number is always available. I’ll do my best to help.


Sent from my batphone using Tapatalk
Quote
Like
Share

FISHFLORIDA
Quit Wizard
Joined: May 26th, 2016, 3:11 pm

September 15th, 2018, 2:44 pm #422

Rest assured, the majority of frustration lies with mods and admins who are working virtually around the clock to correct issues and get familiar with the new platform.  We didn't choose to switch, it was a forced change.  I still haven't ventured to the app yet.  Desktop is where I'll be for a bit.  My digits are available as well.  The good news is that the new platform works like a Ponzi scheme.  For every 3 people you recruit, you get 10K posts.added to you avatar....
"However, HERE you need to stop fucking chewing tobacco! I don't care if you shove a McRib Sandwich stuffed with broken glass and a recycled Justin Beiber CD in your face, just don't use tobacco or any other nicotine product!" PKY1520

"Plus, the shortbus name is not something that was produced by Aug '17, but by Fishflorida (a well-established face of bigotry on this site).." : LMM

Floor 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 9
Quote
Like
Share

trigerhapy
Quit Jedi
Joined: January 6th, 2015, 4:35 pm

September 15th, 2018, 5:45 pm #423

buccobro wrote:
trigerhapy wrote:
Smeds wrote:
trigerhapy wrote:
Smeds wrote:
GDubya wrote: What the hell has happened to our Quit Site ???
Someone didn’t see the horseshit coming, obviously.  Or they didn’t care, chalking it up to, “its out of our hands”.
Having a hell of a time with the server dropping out. Not sure if I'm bumping anyone. Definitely takes way too long to post around in a  bunch of groups. I know I should give it some time to get used to the new sight but I'm really not liking it. I don't know about you guys but I might not stick around.
I’ll be limiting my posts to my home group for now I think ... but we’ll see how things progress.  DEFINITELY not digging the ads popping up.  Quitting ain’t for sale.  I feel bad for the newbies, it’s enough of a struggle without your lifeline changing.  I honestly knew nothing about this coming down the pipe, until the site was down this AM.  Saw a post on Facecrack summing up the “migration”, kinda.  Fuck the app ... tapatalk has ALWAYS sucked.
On the site through PC browser and it's cumbersome for me. Agreed, feel bad for all the noobs and pre hof. I suppose I'll stick to the home group as well and see if I can get used to it.
I think this will be resolved. When a 10 year quitter tells me they’re working on the ads, I trust him. Let’s just give it some time. Don’t start planning your cave due to the site changing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice, if I'm not here I'm a caver. That's it! 3... 2... 1... CAVING!
Quote
Like
Share