Some archiving started...

2:00 AM - Jul 31, 2009 #1

Nothing major, but the non-moderated subforums have been made read-only except to "R" Group members. Be sure you are signed in to N54 if you need to add or edit any posts in those forums.

Special note to TheBOB. I will look into the download files, but it may take up to two weekends to fix it. There is the possibility with N54 servers that I may have to re-write the download page and change the names of the files to get them working again.

Pete

4:46 PM - Jul 31, 2009 #2

The tens of thousands of sobbing kids that have been lined up to download my programs since last year won't mind waiting a little longer. Can you see "Joey"? He's about the fourth one in line. He's got his little toy DOSBox with him and his puppy "Marley". Sure his nose is running and he hasn't even learned to write a "Hello world" program yet, but does that make him any less of a programmer?

I'm starting to tear up now, so I'd better stop.

Long story short, there's no line up and no pressure from me. I shouldn't even have posted, given that you retired already. If I could have deleted the "Universe" post, I would have done so the same day.

-Bob

4:49 PM - Jul 31, 2009 #3

6:12 PM - Jul 31, 2009 #4

Nothing major, but the non-moderated subforums have been made read-only except to "R" Group members. Be sure you are signed in to N54 if you need to add or edit any posts in those forums.

Special note to TheBOB. I will look into the download files, but it may take up to two weekends to fix it. There is the possibility with N54 servers that I may have to re-write the download page and change the names of the files to get them working again.

Pete
I guess you aren't going to let others even help run the forums then. I thought that this was debatable. Apparently it is not.

What exactly is non-moderated? The stuff you used to do? From the looks of the main forum, nothing is moderated there either.

The ONLY advantage our forums have over other ones is that Membership is NOT REQUIRED to post. In fact, I think that there should be a place in the header stating that!

I am disappointed in your decision. Artelius and I were willing to help.

PS: Do you still plan on putting my download link in there too?
Last edited by burger2227 on 6:16 PM - Jul 31, 2009, edited 1 time in total.

5:13 AM - Aug 01, 2009 #5

* Never mind.......................:-)

5:16 AM - Aug 01, 2009 #6

The tens of thousands of sobbing kids that have been lined up to download my programs since last year won't mind waiting a little longer. Can you see "Joey"? He's about the fourth one in line. He's got his little toy DOSBox with him and his puppy "Marley". Sure his nose is running and he hasn't even learned to write a "Hello world" program yet, but does that make him any less of a programmer?

I'm starting to tear up now, so I'd better stop.

Long story short, there's no line up and no pressure from me. I shouldn't even have posted, given that you retired already. If I could have deleted the "Universe" post, I would have done so the same day.

-Bob
* Not to mention the poor blokes that got corruped files..........nevermind.