*QB64.net down for everyone, or just me?

SMcNeill
SMcNeill

May 30th, 2014, 11:56 am #1

*QB64.net down for everyone, or just me?

Pete
Pete

May 30th, 2014, 1:42 pm #2

* Down for everyone.

May 31st, 2014, 5:00 pm #3

Down forever! *

SMcNeill
SMcNeill

May 31st, 2014, 7:26 pm #4

Seems like it's another corrupted data issue with the server, which isn't anything we haven't seen with the site before. I doubt it's gone FOREVER, unless you know something that no one else does?

Has anyone sent an email to Galleon letting him know of the issue? Sometimes he gets wrapped up in work and goes several days(or even weeks) without logging in. He may not even know there's an issue at all yet with the site.

Fun part for Clippy though: the wiki might lose another month or two of changes if it needs to be restored from backup. Without OlDosLover doing the backups, no one else seems to want to step up to that task and make them all available as off-line archives...

Three days now with no QB64.net. I'm curious to see what the final damage to everything is going to look like when all is said and done.

June 1st, 2014, 1:32 am #5

OlDOS has not been around either. Has global warming affected your crops yet silly farmer?

June 1st, 2014, 12:22 pm #6

Well, I sent him an email (but I presume Clippy has done so already). Only time will tell if he's still alive.

SMcNeill
SMcNeill

June 1st, 2014, 1:02 pm #7

OlDOS has not been around either. Has global warming affected your crops yet silly farmer?
Or are you referencing it for some other reason in this topic and forum??

As for my crops, this year I decided to take a year off. I made enough last year with the ginseng harvest that my wife and I decided to take a small 12-month vacation. I'm still selling timber and firewood, but my fields are going to lie fallow this year. No corn, no pumpkins, nothing like that. I doubt we'll even do the whole community Halloween thing, or if we do we'll definitely scale it back from what it's been being.

If global warming is affecting me, I wish we had more of it. Last year was a record year for me. So good in fact that *I* don't plan on doing ANYTHING but relaxing this year. Except maybe taking money from school children and annoying YOU........

You keep telling me I'll never be one of the 1%. I guess I won't be with this sort of work ethic. Good news though: Since I'm not going to show ANY income at all this year, NEXT year you'll probably be giving my whole family insurance, food stamps, fuel assistance, and maybe even a monthly government stipend. Work hard, make certain you pay YOUR taxes. I'm going to be getting my share of them real soon.

After all, I'm disabled and broke.... Me and my family have NO personal income... If it wasn't for the charity of the business here (McNeill Farms, Inc), I wouldn't even have a place to stay..... I'm glad the business is so nice to us! Us poor, broke, destitute employees....

Pete
Pete

June 1st, 2014, 5:58 pm #8

Why with the wages I make per year as a moderator, ZERO, my favorite number, but only for screen resolutions, it certainly makes sense to me why it couldn't keep going. And I even heard some lame brain wrote an entire WIKI for the site, for the exact same compensation. Yes, us underpaid workers, who I hear some people refer to as slaves, are not going to take it anymore! We are going to rise up and demand more... Actually I tried doing just that, but unfortunately neither the management, nor the site, could be contacted. I wonder if FreeBasic is slave trading these days?

Of course this is a parody, one that I made up. It isn't as good as Clippy, a parody created by a higher being.

In all seriousness, the sight has been down longer this time than in times past.

Pete

June 1st, 2014, 7:31 pm #9

Typical Republicans expect to get paid for doing nothing or obstruction of others.

Angros47
Angros47

June 2nd, 2014, 6:10 am #10

Down forever! *
If I google QB64, the site does not appear anymore in results. So, no more cached version, Google believe the site is gone :-(

Bing, by the way, still returns qb64.net as first result.