Just Curious - QB site..

Ted
Ted

August 1st, 2009, 8:28 pm #1

I know that this is the official Qbasic forums (this one right here at network54), but, I wanted to you to know that recently I have adapted it to my forums (thousands of members btw) and wondered if anyone wanted to join me there. I am a good programmer and would love to help in any way I can! Also we have hundreds of other people there who use QB. we just got our qb forums, so don't expect much posts in it now.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/GameMakerStation/index/

maybe in the future...

there are many many new members to meet there, and you can find great support there as well

AND GUESS WHAT?
If you guys are willing to merge with us (it means moving from this place to my place) I will give your owner here an ADMIN account, and he can choose a few of you to be MODERATORS. It's a nice place over at GMS. Please come and chat a while, or just come to hang out with friends!

(We are also merging with one other QB site.. so soon to be 13,000 members in a few more days).

August 1st, 2009, 8:44 pm #2

1) There are no posts in your Qbasic Forum or BAS file areas

2) Where do you come up with 13 K members? Not all qbasic users?

3) You would have to move a lot of archives there.

4) We currently are ranked #2 on Google and we have links pointing to this site on other sites.

Come back when you catch up to us! Thanks

Ted
Ted

August 1st, 2009, 8:50 pm #3

1) Read my original post. Ever since year 2007 I've been wanting to add on a QB forums. So I did like 2 minutes ago! There will be posts there soon.. with or without you guys.

2) Please read the topic in our announcement boards for that

3) I have the money to do so.

4) O_O Ok

lol We'll pass you guys. It's just a matter of time! It would just be great if you guys would join us. But, it's up to you! ;)

August 1st, 2009, 9:02 pm #4

Then we would have something to go by. I don't think any other QB forum is going to jump at destroying itself either. We might be able to help programmers there.

To be honest, our traffic has been down significantly in the last few years. Schools don't introduce kids to Qbasic anymore. We now get people who found out about it on the web or something. Plus we have old timers who hang here to help. Some of the best!

Good luck with your site!

Ted
Ted

August 1st, 2009, 9:06 pm #5

Coming to mine to help would be great. Btw, most of the people on my forums don't know what QB is. Lots of them do, but the rest I am just introducing them to.

Thanks ;)

August 2nd, 2009, 1:00 am #6

64 bit machines do not like Qbasic. QB64 converts QB code to a C progam EXE file.

It's not quite done, but it also adds NEW functions for fonts, screens, colors, sound, etc.

www.QB64.net

Ted