another novice question

mickey
mickey

August 2nd, 2009, 2:31 am #1

I have a question. Help would be greatly appreciated. I wrote a program that transposes guitar tablature to saxophone notes using an editor I downloaded from download.com and have since formatted my computer and no longer have the editor but I still have the program and I can view it in notepad but it won't open in qbasic. I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to look at it and tell me what I need to change in order to get it to run in qbasic and what alteration I need to make in order to make the output produced by my program into lilypond- compatible input so that I can run my program and end up with a notepad file that can be opened in lilypond. That way I would be able to take any guitar tablature and turn it into sheet music for my alto saxophone and be able to play any song in the world on my sax. Maybe I could even alter it to transpose to different instruments so that other people could use it too.

August 2nd, 2009, 3:30 am #2

What is the name of it? What file type are you trying to open?

Lesson learned: Save your old stuff before formatting!

Try a search for it.

mickey
mickey

August 2nd, 2009, 6:03 am #3

The program I used was supposed to be similar to qbasic and I did search for it, but I would rather format my program to fit with qbasic since it is more well known and accessable. The file extension is .bas the same as qbasic. I still have the program saved as a notepad. I could probably find a way to make it work in qbasic myself but I need help configuring the program's output to be compatible with lilypond language.

Barbaros
Barbaros

August 2nd, 2009, 3:12 pm #4

I remember a program named 'EDIT', very close to QBASIC,yet alone the editor screen with no debugging features. Try to find EDIT.com.

aoeu
aoeu

August 2nd, 2009, 3:49 pm #5

* Isn't it included with Windows?

aeeu
aeeu

August 2nd, 2009, 3:51 pm #6

I have a question. Help would be greatly appreciated. I wrote a program that transposes guitar tablature to saxophone notes using an editor I downloaded from download.com and have since formatted my computer and no longer have the editor but I still have the program and I can view it in notepad but it won't open in qbasic. I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to look at it and tell me what I need to change in order to get it to run in qbasic and what alteration I need to make in order to make the output produced by my program into lilypond- compatible input so that I can run my program and end up with a notepad file that can be opened in lilypond. That way I would be able to take any guitar tablature and turn it into sheet music for my alto saxophone and be able to play any song in the world on my sax. Maybe I could even alter it to transpose to different instruments so that other people could use it too.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/190883/

mickey
mickey

August 2nd, 2009, 8:14 pm #7

It won't allow me to post

August 2nd, 2009, 8:25 pm #8

* Post it here for now! That forum is locked to non-members.