What's Your Favourite Final Fantasy?

soulisthirsty
Moon Fairy
Moon Fairy

January 21st, 2009, 11:27 pm #1

Since I'm so, so severely obsessed with videogames, and I saw this part of the forum had been dead for a little while, I thought I'd make an attempt to revive it for a little while.

For anyone who knows the game Final Fantasy VIII (8, if you're not familiar with roman numerals) you can *probably* recognize my signature being from it, as well as my avatar. (If it's been awhile since you played, you might not remember it xD )

Anyway, there's always been sort of... arguments, I guess... over which Final Fantasy game is better, if the old school ones are better than the new ones of today... (or vice versa)... I was wondering what other Final Fantasy fans thought.

What's your favourite Final Fantasy game?
Do you prefer the old ones, or the newer ones?

I can personally say that since FFVIII is the first I ever played, it's my favourite. I know a lot of people prefer FFVII (which I have yet to play since I don't own it and if I wanted to download the CD image for a PSX emulator, well, dial-up sort of makes that a much-too long and tedious effort ^^;) and there seems to be a lot who hate FFX-2.

Chains Of Fate
Sailor Guardian
Sailor Guardian
Chains Of Fate
Sailor Guardian
Sailor Guardian

October 6th, 2009, 9:55 pm #2

Final Fantasy X is probably my favorite. I just really liked the characters. They made me care and the story to me was very emotional. I'm a big sap. XD

On the whole, I prefer some of the newer ones. By newer I mean FF 7-10. Despised XII and never played XI. I also really liked V. Never really played too far into VI. The first ones were alright.

soulisthirsty
Moon Fairy
Moon Fairy

October 6th, 2009, 10:11 pm #3

That's actually one of the ones I want to play that I never have >< I'm a huge sap too, so I can't judge you for being one XD

VI was actually amazing, when I initially started playing it, I didn't like it because of the sort of setting it was in, but it's actually really cool as you get further into it, I thought it was quite complex for it's time.

I was just playing V earlier though, I believe XD I think it was that one. The whole japanese/north american thing with the different numbers mixes me up.

flamesoul32
Moon Fairy
Moon Fairy
flamesoul32
Moon Fairy
Moon Fairy

October 7th, 2009, 3:46 am #4

My favorite ones would have to be VI and X...yes I'm a sap to... Usagi_Hah

VI is amazing when you get into it. I still find it hard to believe the pure dept they gave the characters! I mean there are a total of fourteen of them and more then half of them are fully developed in the story. Personaly my favorite characters were Locke,Celes and Terra.

X was just a wealth of pure emotion. Go Rikku and Auron!

...It's funny considering my favorite RPG Series are not Final Fantasy at all. Besides these two I don't really care for the rest...I really do love these two though and I am looking forward to XIII.

soulisthirsty
Moon Fairy
Moon Fairy

October 7th, 2009, 8:34 pm #5

I know, that's exactly how I felt about that game. I like Terra in the beginning, later in the game she bugs me for a while x3 But I love Locke as well, Celes is pretty cool I agree, but I also like the Ninja, whose name escapes me... SHADOW! Yeah, okay, Shadow, hehehe. Mainly because I love his dog and he's got a pretty cool storyline that gets developed depending on your actions in the game.

Three cheers for saps! UsagiHappy

americas next top model
Constant Victim
Constant Victim

October 7th, 2009, 8:51 pm #6

Actually, my fav. was X-2 JupiterBlush

I really loved the story, and how the battle system was set up (dressspheres and what not reminded me of sailor moon, especially rikku, who looked like Sailor_Venus_Transform in one sphere)
Also, i really loved Yuna and how she had a sense of justice/duty, but was still "fun"

soulisthirsty
Moon Fairy
Moon Fairy

October 7th, 2009, 9:04 pm #7

I haven't played X or X-2, but the one thing I heard people hated about X-2 was that you didn't really have a lot of choice as to what you could do, or explore. It was sort of like, you complete one mission, move on to the next part of the game to progress the storyline, not so much time to discover it on your own and choose when you want to do it, as other games. But I thought the concept of it being about Yuna trying to find Tidus (I could be very wrong on that, never played it and it was years ago that I last even heard anything about it specifically) and it playing a female main character was cool :3

loveHELLO
Constant Victim
Constant Victim
loveHELLO
Constant Victim
Constant Victim

October 8th, 2009, 6:26 am #8

FFVIII is my favorite for the same reason. I only played (most of) IV, VIII, and X. I thought X was absolutely beautiful but it felt way too short and easy. IV seemed very rushed and I didn't get a feeling for any of the characters. Then it came to a part where I had to level up and I stopped :P For that reason and I felt I wouldn't get a big enough payout from the ending.

soulisthirsty
Moon Fairy
Moon Fairy

October 8th, 2009, 9:42 pm #9

YAY! ANOTHER VIII FAN! :D I just love that one to bits. I love every aspect of it UsagiHappy

Final Fantasy games are all about the characters; if they can't make the characters interesting, the game won't be much better.

flamesoul32
Moon Fairy
Moon Fairy
flamesoul32
Moon Fairy
Moon Fairy

October 16th, 2009, 2:57 am #10

Here's a nice little tribute I happened to find for all of the Final Fantasy games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq1bG3VPvzM

Enjoy!

Sailor_Mars_Transform