Different Language Versions.

ArtemisX
Moon Fairy
Moon Fairy
ArtemisX
Moon Fairy
Moon Fairy

August 17th, 2008, 5:44 am #1

I was just checking the chat box, and noticed that some people don't have English as their first language, or as any language they know, so when each arc is up, much like Chain's remix version option, wouldn't it be a good idea to have the game release later in another language. Spanish particularly, because Sailor Moon is one of the most familiar old anime's here (I'm from South America and all). But mostly other language options could become available. Fans from different places would probably offer themselves to help translate the script. And this doesn't have to be right away after each arc is release.

Just an idea.

Chains Of Fate
Sailor Guardian
Sailor Guardian
Chains Of Fate
Sailor Guardian
Sailor Guardian

August 17th, 2008, 7:02 am #2

I think this is a great idea and I'd love to see it done. I don't want people who want to play it not be able to because they don't understand the language.

ArtemisX
Moon Fairy
Moon Fairy
ArtemisX
Moon Fairy
Moon Fairy

August 17th, 2008, 6:44 pm #3

Coolness, I've be happy to help with the Spanish, but probvably for the best would be to open a thread where people could request and/or offer themselves to help translate the script.

Onece the arcs are done, though. You wouldn't want the story leaking out, considering the secrecy of it all. But I'm glad you would like that, it would be cool for everyone to get a chance to follow the story too.

Daio
Heavenly King
Heavenly King
Daio
Heavenly King
Heavenly King

August 25th, 2008, 7:45 pm #4

Each arc, I'd hope. It wouldn't be fair for English fans to get it arc by arc while other fans would have to wait. Provided my skills improve, I'd be able to assist with a French translation.

ArtemisX
Moon Fairy
Moon Fairy
ArtemisX
Moon Fairy
Moon Fairy

August 26th, 2008, 1:44 am #5

I was implying the translation for every arc when I suggested it. Cause yeah so no one has to wait for the whole thing to be done.

leticia_cosmos
Moon Flunkie
Moon Flunkie
leticia_cosmos
Moon Flunkie
Moon Flunkie

September 10th, 2008, 6:57 pm #6

Hi, hi o/
I'm new in the forum, and I'm from Brazil.
Chains, I'm the girl from the site www.sossailormoon.com.br
And our team will be very glad to help to translate the game to portuguese if there is interest in doing it.

and... ah! hello for all

YaminoSenshi
Moon Fairy
Moon Fairy
YaminoSenshi
Moon Fairy
Moon Fairy

September 22nd, 2008, 4:50 am #7

Seeing as how this is going to be based on the uncut anime and properly translated manga...the highest priority translation, in my opinion, should be a Japanese release. Let's face it, there were Japanese "moonies" before America even knew what Sailor Moon was. And I'm sure many Japanese would be highly annoyed, if not downright "peeved" off if they could not play this game.

I hope you realize this game is going to impact the internet like the meteor that killed the dinosaurs hit Earth...it will probably be an overnight success, and there is (in my opinion) a somewhat decent possibility of some game designing company asking you if they can buy it.

In reference to a video game company buying it: Are you going to accept? I do hope not for two major reasons. The game would become no longer free. And it would be horribly edited for the "official" American release (Even more than the dub was edited because of some of the extra stuff you're adding). So please, no matter how much money they offer you, turn it down.

Chains Of Fate
Sailor Guardian
Sailor Guardian
Chains Of Fate
Sailor Guardian
Sailor Guardian

September 22nd, 2008, 5:01 am #8

I don't really know what I'd do if a real video game company ever came to me about releasing this game on a real console. LOL Probably die from excitement. I doubt that would happen for a number of reasons, but if it did, the only way I would accept is if the game was kept exactly as it was and aimed at an older, at least teen, audience.

loveHELLO
Constant Victim
Constant Victim
loveHELLO
Constant Victim
Constant Victim

September 22nd, 2008, 9:09 am #9

I was also wondering if it would be translated to Japanese. They'd appreciate it, no doubt.

I, however, don't think that should be the first language it is translated to (the last, if anything). From what I've seen, if something gets popular enough by the Japanese, it is more likely to be attacked by the copyright holders. If this game gets enough popularity/recognition by the Japanese fans, it is more possible that you would be asked to remove it.

Then again, who actually still has rights to Sailor Moon anyhow? Who would tell you to take it down? Naoko? JupiterConfused

In any case, I still think we should be cautious about that

Rumn-Snuffles
Sailor Soldier
Sailor Soldier
Rumn-Snuffles
Sailor Soldier
Sailor Soldier

October 5th, 2008, 11:54 pm #10

That's right, we should be cautious... of course, I guess as long as the game is completely non-profit and within other copyright requirements it shouldn't be too bad... Uh, I'll help with Japanese though, if it happens ^^