OnLive new service

Posts from subforums of the past

OnLive new service

Posts 0

24 Mar 2009, 14:41 #1

OnLive looks to be a really ambitious service.

it stream games to ur PC or through a little device to ur TV. so if u dont have a high end PC u can still play games like Crysis. u can also play games on a Mac which is great because im switching to OSX soon :)

i hope this service is not to much for a membership because it sounds amazing.

OnLive interview part 1
OnLive interview part 2

Half Mafia
Advanced Member
Half Mafia
Advanced Member

24 Mar 2009, 14:42 #2

FFS sry guys, for some reason i keep getting logged out of this forum.

JBlokeUK
Advanced Member
JBlokeUK
Advanced Member

25 Mar 2009, 21:39 #3

Read about this yesterday mate, apparently it could spell the end for Playstation, XBOX and Nintendo and its got some good backing, a lot of people feel that lag could be a problem though. Still, would be interesting to see how this turns out....

Garone
Advanced Member
Garone
Advanced Member

28 Mar 2009, 20:03 #4

JBlokeUK @ Mar 25 2009, 09:39 PM wrote: Read about this yesterday mate, apparently it could spell the end for Playstation, XBOX and Nintendo and its got some good backing, a lot of people feel that lag could be a problem though. Still, would be interesting to see how this turns out....
I doubt it, for one this thing will only be available in the US. Second, you'd need to constantly have 5MB of free bandwidth to play in HD (and due to the nature of the compression, the quality will GREATLY suffer) and there will around half a second ping in most games, not to mention how much this thing'll need to cost.
I like the idea, but right now, I just think it's impossible