Information: We have moved to http://professionalrpgwrestling.jcink.net

Summerfest Planning Thread

Joey NOX
OVER 9000!!!
OVER 9000!!!

May 7th, 2018, 5:42 pm #1

June 24th is the Superbattle date which gives you folks plenty of time to try and figure out what it is you wanna do for SB. Request/announces matches up in here. Y'all know the deal.

"Guys, calm down, everything's gonna be fine. Van Hammer is here to save us."

May 7th, 2018, 10:52 pm #2

I'll take a match with anyone who wants one.

May 11th, 2018, 1:00 am #3

I was thinking, maybe we can reintroduce Tag team wrestling back into PRW, I think it would be great because of all the group being made. Gives the non main members things to do and maybe we can bring back the Tag Team belts. Just tell me what you think.

Paladin
Amateur
Amateur

May 11th, 2018, 1:27 am #4

I'd be interested in bringing the tag titles back. Paladin and Wire could always team up. May be the direction I want to go unless something changes for the main event.

Credit to Regan Crowe for the Awesome Signature

airkiddo
Amateur
Amateur

May 11th, 2018, 2:10 am #5

Make that a third dude interested in bringing back tag teams.

KURT KIDDO (7-0)

JOHN MONTANA (1-1)

May 11th, 2018, 3:35 am #6

Keep the singles belts active and then we can discuss tag belts.

Aries
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Aries
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

May 11th, 2018, 3:39 am #7

The Inquisition wrote:Keep the singles belts active and then we can discuss tag belts.

Let's Boogie

Aries
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Aries
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

May 11th, 2018, 3:46 am #8

So I'm bored and figured I'd elaborate on PRW's current stance with tag-team championships instead of just being a smart ass.

For a while, PRW HAD the belts, and while they had pockets of activities and memorable moments, they didn't flourish for a multitude of reasons.

First and foremost; roster depth and user-saturation.
This is somewhat of a paradox but a fun one, PRW numbers concerning activity always fluctuate. Sometimes we have a stacked card, other times we have 3 matches. So having 5 reliable posters as champions was kind of a spectacle rarely scene. So we didn't have the numbers to consistently produce contenders and keep activity. Then comes user-saturation. To fill in for a lack of roster members, current posters would create a alternates, some people having up to 3 characters on stand-by to fiddle with. So then people were stretching themselves thin to handle double (sometimes triple) bookings for a PPV every month. (we had 12 ppvs when we had tag titles)

Secondly:
Remember Superbattle? Remember the clusterfuck confusion of who's posting when and who can post next and etc etc? Imagine that in a smaller, more controlled environment. Yes communication can be held and result in a great match, but in the experience of PRW, 4 separate posters trying to rotate in a timed fashion tested patience and honesty a few too many times.

Let's Boogie

May 11th, 2018, 4:15 am #9

Aries wrote:So I'm bored and figured I'd elaborate on PRW's current stance with tag-team championships instead of just being a smart ass.

For a while, PRW HAD the belts, and while they had pockets of activities and memorable moments, they didn't flourish for a multitude of reasons.

First and foremost; roster depth and user-saturation.
This is somewhat of a paradox but a fun one, PRW numbers concerning activity always fluctuate. Sometimes we have a stacked card, other times we have 3 matches. So having 5 reliable posters as champions was kind of a spectacle rarely scene. So we didn't have the numbers to consistently produce contenders and keep activity. Then comes user-saturation. To fill in for a lack of roster members, current posters would create a alternates, some people having up to 3 characters on stand-by to fiddle with. So then people were stretching themselves thin to handle double (sometimes triple) bookings for a PPV every month. (we had 12 ppvs when we had tag titles)

Secondly:
Remember Superbattle? Remember the clusterfuck confusion of who's posting when and who can post next and etc etc? Imagine that in a smaller, more controlled environment. Yes communication can be held and result in a great match, but in the experience of PRW, 4 separate posters trying to rotate in a timed fashion tested patience and honesty a few too many times.
Fair enough with the first part, a lot of people do working themselves thin trying to handle multiple bookings in one PPV is not good for ya and I don't wish that on anyone unless there really good at it or is up for the task. Which in my opinion a lot of the posters we have now are good at just that. Paladin is a huge example of this.

There is a easy solution for the second one, just have both members of the team be played by one poster. Like "The Black Knights" Barbed Wire and Jack Rider can be a team (Handled by Paladin), "Apocalyptica" Maxwell Barracade and Scar Shadow (Handled by Kevin Mordrad), "Generation X" Pontius Lavish and Chris Atom or Madam Wazuka and Mia (Handled by Betterthanthebest) etc. It'll control the chaos, it be like 1 v 1 matches just with teams so you don't have to worry about relying on others on your team to post. That's why I thought it would be a good idea to bring back Tag teams. Just put new rules in play and it's manageable.

May 11th, 2018, 5:11 am #10

Betterthanthebest wrote:There is a easy solution for the second one, just have both members of the team be played by one poster. Like "The Black Knights" Barbed Wire and Jack Rider can be a team (Handled by Paladin), "Apocalyptica" Maxwell Barracade and Scar Shadow (Handled by Kevin Mordrad), "Generation X" Pontius Lavish and Chris Atom or Madam Wazuka and Mia (Handled by Betterthanthebest) etc. It'll control the chaos, it be like 1 v 1 matches just with teams so you don't have to worry about relying on others on your team to post. That's why I thought it would be a good idea to bring back Tag teams. Just put new rules in play and it's manageable.
And that's generally what happened. The problem then goes into the first point of saturation, roster depth, and board activity.