Information: We have moved to http://professionalrpgwrestling.jcink.net

Moderator: RavageDark

PRW Fan Appreciation 2018 AND Xclusiv Hype Thread!

Joey NOX
OVER 9000!!!
OVER 9000!!!

May 5th, 2018, 1:10 am #1

With the Bakersfield Battle successfully in the rear view mirror for PRW fans, we move onward to our next iPPV spectacular spread across three days! We're talking about PRW Fan Appreciation 2018! Due to our tremendous fan support, we've been able to reach new heights and new numbers like never before during our time as a company. With TV offers and digital rights offers here and abroad sprouting up, we feel as though it'd be nice to give you fans a little something extra during the summer months. With PRW Xclusiv starting on May 27th (we're SERIOUS!), we want to give you fans something to hold you over between the end of Xclusiv in mid July and the beginning of the 2018 Togetherness Week in mid August.

This brings us to a week of activities and wrestling LIVE from Las Vegas, Nevada! For starters, we'll be flying in 500 fans to partake across a week of events. We're paying for 500 fans to spend a week in Las Vegas, Nevada at The Palms! If you wish to register to be one of those fans (18 years or older of course), simply fill out the application at www.PRW.com/FanAppreciation and include a video or written statement about how you become a fan of PRW, why you believe you're a PRW Superfan and your favorite PRW moment. The fans selected will be flown into beautiful Las Vegas, Nevada. From there? We'll bare witness to four days worth of activities! We've added another day's worth of stuff! Here's our current schedule for PRW Fan Appreciation!

July 25th

-Live musical concert by Chaos The Clown's band in Vegas for the fans there.

-At 4:00 PM Eastern, a live in front of an audience"Face Off" between Patrick Slaughter and DeAndre Porter! The Block B bracket finalists of the Ultimate 28!

-At 5:00 PM Eastern, live at the Palms, the team jerseys for the Broadway Showcase will be revealed. Each team will have their own distinct gear created and developed by the team captains.

July 26th

*All events streamed on PRW.com*

-Live 4:00 PM Eastern press conference pitting the main eventers for Togetherness Week against one another on stage.

-6:00 PM; the first EVER male Paola Special! 11 of the best male wrestlers from PRW will get the opportunity to combat in Paola Zuniga's mastermind creation where a wrestler can be eliminated by pinfall, submissiosn or over the top rope elimination. In an added twist, each wrestler who wants to enter the Paola Special has to "buy in" to the tune of $100. The combined $1100 will bw added to PRW's pot of $10,000 which the winner receive! Combatants TBD.

-8:00 PM; Sean Aries Fan Q&A

July 27th

-12:00 PM Eastern; Stans vs Stars Crossfire tournament featuring Parker Cage Summers, Sean Aries, Alex LeBlanc, DeAndre Porter and GenEx.

-1:00 PM Eastern; Masha Krlova "Special Event" sponsored by Arkady Medvedev

-2:00 PM Eastern; PRW 7 inning charity softball game (Streaming on PRW.com)

-At 7:00 PM Eastern; Live OUTSIDE on the strip; PRW Xclusiv! Two matches live from Las Vegas! Watch Felicity Cole and Vicki team up to take on Emily Hart and Suzy Conrad alongside a match soon to be announced! (Streaming on PRW.com)

July 28th

-2 PM Eastern; a special PRW announcement pertaining the future of iPPV!

-4:00 PM Eastern; Live PRW.com chat with Cassandra Rial and Nebraska Jones!

-8:00 PM Eastern Time LIVE on iPPV; PRW Fan Appreciation 2018 featuring a four match card. Confirmed we have a dream tag team match pitting Douglas Witherdall and Patrick Slaughter vs Sean Aries and Alex LeBlanc as well Jorge Vera vs DeAndre Porter. All of this will lead to the main event which is the first ever Broadway Showcase!

The rules of the Broadway Showcase are as follows:

-There will be four teams, each one with a captain that has been selected.

-That captain has been given $25,000 from PRW to recruit whomever they want to their team. There is NO limit to how many wrestlers they can recruit nor is there a limit to how much they offer a wrestler to be on their team. All that matters is that who is on their team and how much they're getting is announced ahead of time. "Build a team of 5! 10! 20! It's up to the wrestler for all I care."

-The match itself? A sixty minute fall accumulation match! As Paola explains, each team will have their own locker room. They'll have ONE wrestler in the ring at a time for each team and when a fall occurs, the ONLY wrestler who has to be guaranteed to be swapped out is the woman who is pinned or submitted. If a team wants to change a wrestler out, they can only do so after a fall has happened during the 20 second break between falls. How a team decides to handle the match is entirely up to that team. There's no guarantee that every wrestler gets into the match, only that every team have at least one wrestler in the match at all times.

-At the end of 60 minutes, the team with the most pinfalls or submission wins is the winner of the Captain's Showcase! That team will all win diamond rings and the fan voted MVP of the match ("doesn't have to be of the winning team either!" will win a "big ass trophy!"

The captains are going to be Ariel Heart (of the Models), Nina Wagner (Team Wag Staff) and the TWO final wrestlers in the Bakersfield Battle!

"Guys, calm down, everything's gonna be fine. Van Hammer is here to save us."

Joey NOX
OVER 9000!!!
OVER 9000!!!

May 5th, 2018, 1:56 am #2

It's A Long Way To Broadway

Nina Wagner Edition

Paola Zuniga, Nina Wagner and Sonia Capasso are in Sonia's office together and whatever the conversation was before the cameras were rolling, it seems like it wasn't a pleasant one. Sonia ia pouring herself a drink, Paola Zuniga is posted up against the wall rubbing her forehead and Nina is sitting in a chair, chest puffed out and eyes straight ahead. Paola asks if they have to go over this again with Nina and Wags just casually says that she doesn't have a problem but the people around her do. Sonia Capasso takes a big deep breath and tells Nina that everything about this is wrong. Sonia tells Nina that this "violates the spirit of the game" and Nina Wagner just hits her with an eye roll. Nina says that's far from the case and argues that she's playing by the rules. "I've always done things in PRW by the rules" says Nina Wagner and Paola says that the rules are clear to all who can read them. Nina Wagner asks if that's an attack at her intelligence and Paola backs down politely. She says that Nina is smart enough to know the rules which is why this is so frustrating to her. "You know what this means and what we're trying to do here and YET I'm sitting here trying to debate with you." Paola asks Nina to enlighten them one last time to just to make sure there's no fake interpretation going on.

Nina Wagner says if she's said it once, she'll say it until they get it. She wants to do something never done before and something that'll leave no doubt that she is absolutely one of the best wrestlers today. Paola says this doesn't make any sense but Nina makes it clear that it makes sense to her and it makes sense to her fans. "It's about fan appreciation right? Well my fans need to be appreciated too." Nina says that she doesn't want a team; she wants to go all sixty minutes on her own. Sonia Capasso is concerned about the health ramifications of one woman going 60 minutes and Nina Wagner says she's not going to be told she can't do something just because nobody has done it before. She says she'll keep the money or donate the money or do whatever PRW would like her to do with it even if that means refunding them for it. She wants to prove without a shadow of a doubt that she's the best wrestler in PRW and to her that means challenging herself. She wants to go the whole match as her own team and do this broadway all on her own. Sonia points out that other teams could have 5 or 10 people on it and Nina Wagner makes it clear that she doesn't care. Sonia asks Nina if maybe Alex Mesa can "tag along" and Nina says that Sonia is either delberately ignoring what she's saying or being combative and trying to piss her off. Nina Wagner says she loves Alex Mesa but this is a journey she wants to undertake as a solo athlete. She wants to be able to say she went sixty minutes in one match in one night and if she loses then no harm no foul because it was a near impossible task. If she wins though? She'll have the sort of immortality that she's chasing as a wrestler. "There's going to be a bunch of Lioness of Wrestling's throughout history, I'm proud to be one of them and I want to be it again----but there will never be another first Iron Lady. I'm going to be that Iron Lady, guys."

Sonia again reiterates that there will be locker rooms full of wrestlers and then just her by herself with an empty locker room. Nina asks if this is all about optics and before Sonia can counter, Wags angrily says that there's a locker room that can be filled up with ease. She says that what she'd like is to do this all by herself and the "locker room" for her team can just be a bunch of fans and people she's chosen to support her. Sonia Capasso points out that this is supposed to be a team activity and Nina shouts that this IS a team to her. "Lemme catch you two up to speed on me" says Nina angrily before she details how just about everybody she teams with or aligns with winds up fucked up or fucking her over. She talks about how Mesa has been branded "her best friend" but all that means in wrestling parlance is Alex gets beaten up and bloodied every time she comes to her defense. She trusted Gemma Traumaward and paid a significant price for it for that trust. She's been lied to, betrayed, hurt physically and emotionally and the only people who have ever stood by her are the REAL fans who had her back. She talks about how she basically ran through the Wild Tigers on her own with only the fans on her side and while she loves Alex Mesa, she loves her too much to "blow the cobwebs off of her and ask Alex to step in at a time like this." Nina says she wants to do with the fans who have been on this ride from start to finish. Paola goes to cut Nina over but Wags says that to them it sounds crazy but to her and her fans, it'll be the way they've always done it which is the hard way and relying on one another.

"I WANT THIS!" shouts Nina before she states that all she's asking for is an opportunity to prove that she is the greatest wrestler alive. "And this is how I'm going to do it. You figure out the optics and you figure out the schematics and you obsess over that stuff, all I want to do is win." Sonia Capasso sighs and tells Nina that she'd appreciate some time to think this over with Paola. She tells Nina that in the mean time, they'd appreciate it if Nina "went along for the ride" and tried to build a team. With a head shake, Nina gives them the okay gesture and gets up from her chair. Sonia asks Nina to really reconsider this but Nina Wagner doesn't respond. Paola and Sonia look at one another nervously and we wrap up with Nina turning to them both, offering up a "Have it your way" before she leaves with a slam of the door.

Joey NOX
OVER 9000!!!
OVER 9000!!!

May 5th, 2018, 7:02 am #3

Ariel Heart Edition

Ariel Heart aka the head of the Models is backstage at a PRW event with Chili and Pepper. For those unaware, Chili and Pepper are PRW's newest singing duo by way of the Red River Dojo and Wild Hearts. "The Model Queen" tells Chili and Pepper that plenty of great things are going on in her career and she points out the Steve Madden heels she's rocking to them. "In these? You'd be about 5'3" says Ariel to Chili who blushes. Ariel says she's just trying to be helpful and be a bit of a veteran for the two newbies from the Red River Dojo. Heart says that not only is she in tight with Steve Madden but next week, she plans on getting on a flight to do a photo shoot with "the AMAZING folks at Bon-ton!" Chili is impressed but it's Pepper who says that she kind of feels like Ariel is bragging. Heart says she's never bragged before in her life, moving her hand up to her chin to show off the snazzy diamond rock she's got on her finger. Ariel asks if the ladies would like to talk some business and Pepper says that if she's got an offer to make, they are willing to listen. Pepper talks about not being taken advantage of like the usual wrestling new folks and Ariel just laughs and says that despite her reputation, she's actually very nice and very sweet. "Maybe some people see two walking suckers but me? I see potential stars! Little people who will turn into big stars!" When Pepper points out that she's taller than Ariel, Ariel says that in these heels that's really not the case.

Heart explains that she's the captain of the Models team for the Broadway Showcase and Ariel makes a joke about how she's basically made for Broadway. "I can dance right on out of here if I wanted to and if I sang? Well let's just that as an Italian, I obviously have a tremendous voice without trying too hard." She says that they have the same qualities since they're both pretty and both can clearly sing. "I Love your theme song!" bellows Ariel before she tries to mumble her way through the words. Ariel says that while she's a star, the ladies are just potential stars. She casually adds that to her potential is a funny fickle thing in that it needs to be cultivated. "I believe that I can cultivate you both!" Ariel starts by offering them both Steve Madden gift cards on her behalf, pointing out where they're valid at. The Model says both are beautiful enough to be models of their own----but they need a mentor like how she needed a mentor. She calls Pepper the sort of strong independent woman that people want to see on TV these days and with Chili, Ariel admits there's endless possibilities. Ariel says that "Kids R Us always needs new models and if you sign with me, maybe I'll find you a gig" to the lil member of the singing duo and she points out that she has "the fat kind of face that looks advertising bonnets." Ariel says she can picture a world where some impressionable young fan opens up a magazine and sees the three of them modeling shoes for Steve Madden "or Bon-ton if that whole thing goes through" and be the superstars and leaders of tomorrow.

Pepper asks if Ariel has anything of substance behind gift cards and with a gasp, Ariel says that her gift cards are probably going to buy Chili and Pepper new clothes "which you probably couldn't afford without my help anyways!" Rather than get baited into an argument, Pepper just angrily calls that a perfect segue. "Make us an offer!" shouts Pepper and Ariel says she needs to relax and listen to the pitch. On top of Steve Madden gift cards AND on top of heels like the one Ariel has on now, she'll give both the team $1000! "Each? I mean that's not awful" says Chili and Ariel corrects them, politely pointing out that it's $1,000 as a team. "Split it how you want" adds Ariel Heart before she suggests that as the leader, Pepper should get a cool extra $200 or so as the leader. Pepper makes it clear that $1,000 is not enough and if they're getting paid it's both the same amount. Ariel says that's asks what Pepper is asking for and Pepper says she doesn't like to discuss her money in front of other people but she'd like to tell her away from the show. Ariel just tells her to whisper it in her ear and so when Pepper does, Ariel nearly swoons! "I've only got 25 grand to spend and you want WHAT?! Your own mother would say you're not even worth that much!" Pepper shouts at Ariel but The Model just tells the singing duo that she found the cinematography of their music video terrible. "And I hope you fired your stylists, trick!" shouts Ariel before she storms off down a hall looking all huffed and puffed. Ariel Heart turns down the hallway and enters into a locker room where Clarissa Richardson is getting her gear on.

Ariel asks if Clarissa can believe that "those two sawed off singing twerps" are trying to stick her up for team money. Clarissa is not even listening as she gets her gear on, offering up a few sarcastic "Huh huhs" and "Yeah I hear ya" type comments while her partner vents. Ariel concludes by noting that she's at least happy she has friends like Clarissa to rely on and when she says that, Rissa casually asks Ariel what that means. Ariel says that Rissa will be there for her and not "try to hold me up on it"----but Clarissa asks Ariel to make her an offer! Ariel points out she's got a limited amount of funds and Rissa should do this as a friend but Clarissa says she actually got an offer a day or two ago that Ariel has to compete with. Heart offers her Steve Madden stuff ("See these heels?") and Clarissa just says that she's not interested. She's in this for big pay days and she knows Ariel will have to put up the cash if she wants one. To her friend's shock, Clarissa Richardson says that she would LOVE to team with Ariel but the money has to be right or she will wind up elsewhere. Ariel actually seems genuinely hurt by that and Rissa just offers a shrug and tells her that she'll get over it. "In the meantime, work on your numbers and get back to me because THIS offer? It's a hot one."

Joey NOX
OVER 9000!!!
OVER 9000!!!

May 15th, 2018, 6:04 am #4

Big Suze Edition

Suzy Conrad is sipping on a beer while she's poking around a grill in a parking lot somewhere. Sitting next to her on the back of Suzy's pick up truck is Emily Hart of all people! Emily Hart is casual whittling away at a piece of wood while Suzy Conrad says there's nothing like a little bit of tailgating before a bit game to get the blood flowing. Emily asks if Suzy is aware how stupid it is to be tailgating before a minor league game and Suzy says that part of life is having stupid fun. "You is having fun ain'tcha?" asks Suzy and Suzy tries to flip a burger but she puts way too much paprika on it and the burger goes flying into the air. "I brought extras!" shouts Suzy defensively while Emily just lets out a big sigh. Suzy says she figured she'd fly Emily in so they can take in an Oklahoma City Dodgers game. "I know you love yaself some Oklahoma City am I right?" says Suzy with a big guffaw. Suzy brings up how she flew Emily out here and Emily is just cutting on wood. "You ain't even wearing the hat I bought ya so you can fit in with the rest of us!" Emily refuses to show the hat off but judging by how angrily she is about the hat, it's almost 100% something not appropriate or acceptable by anybody. Emily just angrily tells Suzy that if Suzy wants her to be happy then she can feed her and stop talking. "If you could do the former while you also stop breathing then I'd really be happy." Suzy calls Emily a big time jokester and promises her the best burger she's ever had.

As Suzy is grilling and Emily is whittling, Suzy brings up the Broadway Showcase. "That's a stupid name" says Emily plainly and Big Suze says she can agree with that. What she really wants to discuss IF Emily is open to discussing it is the whole team aspect. Suzy wants Emily to be involved on it and she points out that there's $25,000 for her to spend. She figured Emily would want about $20,000 of that so Suzy can recruit other talent and Emily angrily says no. Suzy says $22,000 and Emily again quickly says no. Suzy says she'll pay Emily $25,000 and when Emily again says no, Suzy promises she'll give her $25,000 plus whatever she's got in her savings account to get Emily to team with her. Emily says she asked Suzy to do something for her and it hasn't been done yet so it's not about the money. Suzy says that all of the great thinkers in society didn't just come up with a plan one day and execute it the next. She refers to thinking and logic as a long term execution for her. "Yes Suzy, thinking absolutely does take you some time" says Emily in the driest manner possible and Suzy Conrad totally misses it, adding that some people make rash decisions but she's all about the long game. She says that she's concocting a plan to get Lisa Matthews out of PRW forever and when Emily just casually suggests that Suzy just beat Lisa up; Suzy says she's going to be way more diabolical than that.

Emily just asks Suzy to say what her grand plan is but Suzy notes that everything in today's society is bugged "by the liberals and the necons" so she's not dropping any plans in public because somebody is listening for sure. "I'm going to do more than just beat her up, I'm gonna....look my plan is devious, okay?" Suzy asks why Emily Hart is even interested in Lisa Matthews and adds that she thought Emily was done being charitable with the nobodies. "This chick is just some tiny fat nobody from Fort Lauderdale!" Emily admits that she could be facing better or bigger names in her eyes but this is about sending a message. "Let there be no more after her who think that I'm going to play these games." Emily says if Suzy can do what she asks her by ruining Lisa Matthews, she'll gladly be on her Broadway Showcase team. "And? I'll do it for free." Suzy's eyes light up and she tells Emily Hart that if Emily is patient then she'll get everything she wants. "Well right now I'd like that burger....best friend" says Emily with a wink and Suzy Conrad does the world's most dramatic deep breath. With a sniffle, Suzy says the heat is too hot "because I got all this sweat running down my face making me look like I'm crying but I ain't never cried before and I ain't crying now!"

Brilliant Squad Edition

In the building, Cassie Rial has an iPad open and she's casually writing something down with a stylus on it. There's a bunch of initials and then each initial has a corresponding number of dollar signs next to them so for instance there's AT and then $$$$$$$ and if you look further down the list there's GV and just a single $. As the ring is being set up across from her, Cassie Rial is hard at work crunching some numbers. Nebraska Jones sits next to Cassie and she says "remember when this was us doing the ring?" to which Cassie says she never did the ring. "Oh that's right, you just delegated to everyone else" says Nebraska sarcastically and with a laugh, Cassie actually has the imaginary balls to point out that at her height, she wouldn't be able to really help. "I'm too small remember?" says Cass with a laugh as Nebraska just shoots her the dirtiest of dirty looks. Nebraska asks what Cass is up to and Cassie says she's really getting into this Broadway Showcase concept. She's come up with a hit list of sorts of people she wants to try and invite to be on her team. Nebraska fills in the blanks about using code and Cassie said that she's actually trying to approach this with logic and reason. She talks about wanting to maybe do a batting order as well so that nobody gets burnt out and TRY to treat this like a team activity. "I got $25,000 to spend here so I gotta be smart about what I try to do with it." Nebraska Jones asks if that means she's NOT getting invited because she's not on the tablet and with a laugh, Cassie says Nebraska was figured in as soon as she accepted the assignment. "You're good. I can't tell you how much you're making yet but you're good, sis."

Nebraska makes a comment about how the Onslaught split apart when one person became the star and nobody could adapt and Cassie objects to the idea that Nebraska isn't a somebody. "There's 50 people running around pretending to be stars but there's only one Money Making Swan." Nebraska asks if Cassie thinks she's a star and with a shrug, Cassie says she's doesn't really think like that as much as she wants to. "Maybe I'm not a star----maybe I'm just me. I mean maybe I'm just Cassandra Rial and I think that's pretty bad ass on its own." Before the two can continue to banter, they're interrupted by the clearing of a throat nearby. Cassie tucks her ipad away and gets up as there behind them stands Vicki and Felicity Cole! Vicki greets Cassie with a wave and then says that if Cassie remembers, Vicki and Felicity Cole were right in there until the end with Cassie during the Bakersfield Battle. Cassie says she remembers Vicki hitting her really hard. Vicki says that was the case but Cassie gives as good as she takes as well in a manner of speaking. Vicki just wants to let Cassie know that if she's willing to be flexible with her price then Vicki can be flexible with her priorities and she wants to be on Team Cassie. Rial appreciates that and says that she's got Vicki on her list for sure. "I can't say if you're going to get picked or what I would offer you but I can say that you're on the list of spots." Vicki says that that makes her happy and Cassie Rial looks at Felicity, telling "Ice" Cole that she's on there too. Felicity just casually remarks that she doesn't care and Cassie Rial rolls her eyes, giving Felicity her back as she sits back down.

With a no sell from Cass, Felicity just says that she doesn't really care if she's picked or not and Cassie's "I know you told me" response actually has Felicity Cole in all sorts of a flummox. "I said I don't care if you pick me or not!" shouts Felicity and Cassie Rial asks if Felicity is expecting her to respond to that eventually if it's said over and over. Nebraska Jones tells Felicity Cole to get over herself and Cassie Rial shrugs, asking Nebraska to let it go. Vicki jokes that the encounter is getting a bit awkward and they'll leave. Vicki walks off and Felicity Cole stands there looking at Nebraska and Cassie. Vicki tugs on Felicity's arm but the Onslaught newbie refuses to leave, Cassie and Nebraska going back to their business. Vicki is trying to basically drag Felicity away but in a very weird/important/awkward/Felicity moment, Cole asks Nebraska if she can ask her a question. Nebraska turns, smiles and replies with an "I don't care" before she turns back around and goes back to her business with Cassie. Felicity Cole looks bothered by that and in an interesting bit, Cassie turns and asks her what her question is. "I'm asking Nebraska" replies Felicity angrily and Cassie just looks at Vicki with a "A little help?" look on her face. Vicki is now physically pulling Felicity away as Cassie and Nebraska go back to their business, Nebraska briefly shooting an annoying glance at the Onslaught duo before going back to chit chatting.

Ariel Heart Edition

Ariel Heart is sitting down in a locker room with a stack of cards in front of her on a table. Ariel Heart is saying what she's writing (somebody gets it!) and it's basically her filling out a greetings card for some wrestler on the roster. In it she puts the person over for being great and special and SHE wants them to join her Broadway Showcase team. "It takes a special person to be a Model and if you're willing to give a little, you will absolutely get in return." Ariel Heart adds that is enclosing a special STEVE MADDEN GIFT CARD for the person and then licks the envelope closed. "That's the fourth! Only twenty three more to go!" Ariel Heart has a stack of these envelopes at the ready and she starts writing the next one, this time to Rocket apparently. As she's doodling, Clarissa Richardson enters the room and asks what Ariel is doing. Ariel points out that recruiting can never start too early and she's been working all week on perfecting her penmanship to get the people excited. She figures that she can use that $25,000 well and if she's smart, she can get some hungry folks to take a little less over the long haul to join the team. She asks where Clarissa has been all day and Richardson says she was in a meeting with some other wrestlers interested in her services. Ariel groans and asks if this is her considering another Broadway Showcase team and Richardson replies with a casual "Nope!" and a shrug. Ariel asks if she's leaving The Models and to her surprise, Clarissa says she's not leaving----but she is listening to offers about leaving.

Ariel is FLOORED but Clarissa tells Ariel not to be upset until she explains herself. She tells Ariel that the Bakersfield Battle has made her a hell of a hot commodity now and she's taking those offers seriously. Ariel looks hurt by that but Clarissa makes it clear she's not leaving the Models as of right now. "It'll need to be a serious offer and nobody has met the price." Ariel Heart asks if that means Clarissa is on her Broadway Showcase team and Clarissa again offers a smirk and says she'll listen to ANY offers. She says she got a real doozy of one from somebody for a one time deal and it's got her really excited. "If they up the money? This could be a whole lot of fun." Ariel Heart says that's great and she's happy for Clarissa but she's beginning to feel like the wheels are spinning really fast and she's about to lose control of the Models. Rather than deny that, Clarissa shrugs and jokingly tells Ariel that she better start filling out more envelopes then.

Joey NOX
OVER 9000!!!
OVER 9000!!!

May 21st, 2018, 3:56 am #5

What's At Stake With PRW Xclusiv

On May 28th, PRW Xclusiv will return to FS2 for an eight show run across 10 weeks. It starts with a special debut episode on Memorial Day Weekend and ends with a two night double shot draft special. The action figures to be good but it's what'll happen afterwards that should be the real star of the program.

PRW Xclusiv came to be by way of Sonia Capasso working overtime essentially to find a distribution deal that would allow PRW a little extra money to fill budgetary space. The deal with FS2 was Fox Sports' way of attempting to bolster its live content library while PRW got a nice financial sum for their efforts. Fox wasn't expecting PRW to do great numbers on its secondary network and PRW didn't get delusions of grandeur about what the long term gain of a long run of exposure would be for them. When the run ended with Ata vs Bella in September, both parties were surprised in their own ways. For PRW, they got money they otherwise wouldn't have received and were able to pop numbers on a network where even UFC programming struggled to get consistent viewers. For Fox Sports, they got a taste of what pro wrestling programming could do on their networks at a relatively modest price. The match seemed perfect and so halfway through the run, PRW and Fox Sports reached an agreement on what would be a second season. Everything seemed 100% fine and well but as is often the case in pro wrestling, "plans change" reared its ugly head.

The second deal was reached for Fox at a time where two currently distinct possibilities weren't even in the discussion. The first is that at the time, nobody believed there was a chance Fox could lose the rights to the UFC; flagship content for FS1 and FS2. Now it seems possible if not likely that the UFC will be taking their business elsewhere be it to a CBS or an NBC. Normally that loss of content would in turn lead to PRW becoming more appealing but that leads us to the second possibility. That would be the possibility that Fox could ink a deal with the WWE which would render PRW and its additional content useless. When it became apparent that Fox would have a chance, the talks of additional content to PRW stopped. The idea of a monthly Wild Hearts special on FS2? Dead. Thursday Night Hustle on the Fox Sports Go app? Gone. The only discussions FOX was willing to engage in were brief talks about resurrecting SPARTA, PRW's in hiatus MMA organization, to fill up the spots that could be lost to the UFC. Fox was not going to be in the PRW business for much longer because the bidding war for WWE television rights is a far bigger game. As such, negotiations dragged between PRW and Fox about what Xclusiv was supposed to be and in return, a launch date for PRW Xclusiv went from March to mid April to finally late May with Fox attempting to shift its philosophy behind the scenes. I would argue that had this deal not been inked in good faith, it's fair to wonder if PRW would even be running a second season at this point.

PRW is in a precarious spot currently. While some would claim that we're in the midst of some wrestling renaissance, the reality is that networks both digital and traditional aren't bidding on wrestling currently. Wrestling is not a dominant television entity in an aging/dying television market and digitally a few niche subscription services are around but there's no major sports services or amazon type networks bidding to be apart of that currently. Part of that has to do with the reality that the big fish is likely to be on the market sooner rather than later but also it has to do with the realities of the business. Again, you can believe wrestling is in the middle of a renaissance but with an aging demographic that's mostly male, the product is not some hot commodity. The underground swell of support that some indies are seeing is great and all but if you're talking money that'll make a difference; that's not happening. Even overseas there's not exactly a collection of organizations thriving on television or digitally. If it's worth something, people will bid on it and wrestling for the most part remains a product that people aren't interested in bidding on outside of the almighty Vince McMahon machine.

Pro wrestling skews older and cheaper, often times with audiences that don't tend to pay big money for the productions advertised on it. The people who watch pro wrestling tend to not view it as a sport and as such, don't consider themselves overly sports savvy. PRW is different in large part due to its cast of talent that features minorities well represented and strong female wrestlers that attract a younger generation of fans. The median age demo for wrestling on TV is mid 50s and PRW tends to trend younger at a substantial rate. Long before it became trendy to be on internet pay per view, PRW had a conditioned audience that would shell out cash to view its specialty events. They built a female wrestling empire essentially on digital platforms; essentially bucking the conventional wisdom on paywalls prohibiting growth. Even during the height of the "$9.99 a month Era" as some call it in the offices of the company, PRW was able to hold their own and punch above their weight. Not much has changed in that regard as the company for big shows can still do big numbers and its value has only grown through international deals in Latin America and through Hunan in China. The product has its advantages if it wanted to try and chase something more tangible. As the wrestling model has shifted, there's been a whole lot less interest in what I call Maybe Money (ticket sales, merchandising and PPV) and way more interest in Actual Money (rights fees). A wrestling organization in the 90s probably couldn't survive just on TV money alone but times have changed; the WWE is able to spend millions on money losers (network programming such as NXT) because they will enter every year with a guaranteed hundred plus million surplus. Before a single fan enters a building to start the year, they're in the green.

The PRW's products flaws are as obvious as the talent turnover you see every year. There's so much industrial carnage on a year to year basis that they can never bank and develop on a long term plan. Sean Aries, Sylvia Wrath, Alex LeBlanc, Joey NOX, Razer, Matthew Logan, the Advincola Family, Ace Andrews and even Patrick Slaughter have rotated in and out the doors in recent years. The product normally had the gusto to handle those changes but on the main brand and on their special events circuit, they felt that big time in 2017. If you pick a metric, it was down in 2017 from 2016. The numbers haven't really recovered much in 2018 and that's a serious concern. It's no disrespect to the talent they have now to acknowledge that brand building takes time and the Kevin Mordrads and Lal Singhs of the world are going to be asked to hit home runs way too early in their promotional careers. They're running a show with half its star talent gone in an oversaturated wrestling market in 2018.

The product has hit an almost boxing-esque level of instability which has made the Maybe Money a risky way to build a business. PRW can't guarantee themelves big gates or big shows anymore and that means your business model built around PPV or internet pay per view is in serious trouble. The cracks popped up in early 2017 when business was down for small stuff but way up for big stuff. Sonia Capasso discussed it previously on PRW programming, discussing openly how they were becoming more aware of the challenges ahead when it came to ensuring that they could make up for the numbers they may have been losing on iPPV. For instance, PRW vs The World 2017 did PRW's biggest buyrate ever for internet pay per view but the Togetherness Week that same year hit insane lows. They wanted to retire the draft for a year or two but it's one of the few products they could comfortably rely upon to do a number that's satisfactory. They didn't want to go back on their word and make fans feel screwed so they put it on free TV as a makegood. This year, the buyrate for all of the Latin American shows they did were awful and if you added up every purchase for those four shows, it wouldn't come close to what the Bakersfield Battle did in April. People will pay for the big shows but you'll be in trouble outside of that. Someone inside the offices of PRW told me that had they not inked a sizable deal with a Spanish television network for those shows in February, they would've lost their ass on the tour entirely.

This is where Wild Hearts, the product PRW never really wanted to begin with, holds the key. The Wild Hearts product nearly died in 2014 and that led to a serious discussion about how to save it. They ultimately found a willing business partner in Hunan Television which pays them very well for content and then some. While PRW fans may stomp and shout about the amount of attention given to the chinese stars who came about by way of the Hunan deal, Wild Hearts knows that the deal basically guarantees them a profit every year. For tape delayed shows, an occasional tour of the market and a few reality show gimmicks, they get more than enough money to operate without worries that the doors might close. Nothing burns the ass of domestic fans like the concept of international expansion but it has kept Wild Hearts alive, complete with potential deals into other Asian markets such as networks in South Korea, Indonesia and Israel. The Wild Hearts product shows how vital staying ahead of the chains is when it comes to ensuring guaranteed money over relying on maybe money. At that point, the maybe money is a true bonus that separates a good year from a great year. As Wild Hearts juggles the journey to make international and domestic fans happy, it does so knowing that the future is secure. At least until something better comes along for the parties involved. Right now though they can guarantee as many shows as their already overworked staff can handle.

So how does all of this pertain to PRW Xclusiv? Well it depends on how hungry PRW is for some guaranteed money. They have an eight show run on Xclusiv to try and put together another library of action. Once that's done, it'll be to the negotiating table (after a 90 day no compete/exclusivity period with Fox). For a company that may not be able to rely on PPV anymore and is forced to carry the costs of running its own digital network; the time for some guaranteed money has never been more vital. Be it a TV, a digital deal or a combination of both; PRW is going to jump feet first into a hectic rights fees market and swing for the fences. At full strength, PRW has a healthy library of shows plus off shoots for everyone. Wild Hearts' younger female friendly fanbase will have massive appeal plus AWS presents a steady stream of content that would be a great fit for a digital partner. If you convert PRW's iPPV schedule into 15-20 "special events" plus Wild Hearts, AWS' Hustle program and anything extra that pops up, you can squeeze out big money on a hungry digital rights market. The question is whether an in rebuilding mode PRW has enough strengths to sell itself on.

They've got eight weeks to figure that out.

Joey NOX
OVER 9000!!!
OVER 9000!!!

May 21st, 2018, 7:03 am #6

Brilliant Squad Edition

Cassie Rial is sitting in the locker room on her ipad and she's watching a match actually. It's from a house show seemingly and it's one of those multiwomen get on the card deals that seems like a chance to just fill in a bunch of bodies. There's a bunch of stuff going on while the film is playing out and Cassie is paying super close attention to an exchange between Gloria Viper and Isabella Benitez. As Cassie Rial is keeping a close eye on the match, the sound of a gym bag being tossed next to her draws her attention. Cassie looks up expecting it to be Nebraska playing a joke or somebody of that ilk but instead it's Julie Chan!! Julie Chan gives Cassie a little smile and then she casually sits down across from her. "You know I'd kill to be in your spot" says Julie and Cassie admits she could say the same about Julie Chan. "I mean you're the face of two fanbases, you've been the champ, you made it before any of us did, I could be jealous." Cassie tells Julie that she's trying to catch up to her and with a bit of a smirk, Julie Chan says that Cassie is the one on the hot streak currently. Julie says that as a competitor, she wants it to be known that she wishes she could be in every big match----but she also wonders if it makes sense for her to be on Cassie's team. Cassie raises an eyebrow and Julie Chan says that she knows what it's like to have others try to heel in on her shine and what it means to feel like you're sharing a spotlight you earned. "This is your moment and you and I on the same team might be a bit too much for our fans."

Julie says she has to think about how her fans would feel about a Cassie/Julie super duo. With a little bit of a sigh, Cassie politely tells Julie that while she's sure her stans would be "absolutely crestfallen and shaken to their core" to see Julie's name not at the top of some imaginary marquee, Cassie is trying to win a match and Julie is one of the best wrestlers so she's absolutely going to try and make her an offer. Cassie asks Julie if this is some sarcastic attempt to keep from having to team with her because Julie has an offer from Nina and Julie Chan gives her an eyebrow raise. Julie says she has no ulterior motive and Cassie Rial says if she's teaming with Nina then she can just say that. As if her name is a magnet, Nina Wagner walks into the room and says Julie's not teaming with her. Cassie, Julie and Nina are all standing there and Nina says that Julie isn't teaming with her because Nina's NOT having any partners. She plans to go all 60 minutes on her own "and I plan on winning if that's an issue as well." With a sigh and a scoff, Julie Chan asks if Nina is aware just how insane that sounds. Nina Wagner points out that both Wraths are out of the picture, Ata is bound to wear out her WH welcome, Bella is vilified and move on elsewhere plus the "stars" like Gemma and Meiko might not be around for forever either. "This time is our time----and there's three of us vying for the top spot now." She says that all three of them are similar in enough ways that they're directly competing with one another and while they're different enough to each superstars, there's always going to be a pecking order.

Julie jokingly asks if it's like that and Nina Wagner says that there are a lot of women who are happy to be on the show but she knows they want the top spot as badly as she does. She calls it a mutual respect and a rivalry---but that rivalry prevents her from wanting either of them on her team. Cassie Rial admits she can respect that and then strikes the first blow with a "I mean I love you but you got a lot of opportunities to get where you're at and I can respect if you see us rising up in half the time and want to knock us back." Nina wants to reply to that aggressively but she just offers up a nod and admits that she did take a long time "but I also didn't have a fake reality show to make me. I did that on my own, Cassandra." She says she loves all three of them and respects all three of them but she knows that they're competitors. "I wouldn't want Julie on my team the same way I wouldn't want you on my team either. If a situation arises where we're forced to do that then fine but to be honest? I think we're all looking to derail each others hype trains." Cassie nods and says she can't wait to do that in the Broadway Showcase to which Nina just casually adds that she'll have 60 minutes for Cassie to get in there and prove it. As if she realizes where this is going, Julie just shrugs and says that while they're jostling for superiority, she'll be watching and wishing she did well enough to be involved in the mix. "At the very least, I'm just glad it's not Jesminder" says Julie and the girls ACTUALLY laugh, even if it's just a momentary giggle.

Big Suze Edition

Suzy Conrad is playing Pac Man on an arcade set up in a pizza place in Philly, officially giving us our best set up ever. Suzy keeps shouting "WHY AINT PAC MAN GOT ANY GUNS?!" while a kid asks if he can play the machine yet. Suzy says they are working together, the kid is playing watch in case any wrestlers try to jump her from behind. The kid asks why Suzy is "hogging" Pac Man and Suzy snaps that she's from Oklahoma and not Arkansas. "I DON'T KNOW A DANG THING ABOUT HOGS!" The kid calls her mean and Suzy just shouts that back in her day, kids shut up when adults were hanging out. "I could lift you up by your stupid little haircut and throw ya from here into the Atlantic Ocean! Ya know which one that is right?! The Atlantic One!" The kid runs off and as he skedaddles, Emily Hart passes by with pizzas. Suzy asks if she can have one and Emily asks how Suzy expects to eat pizza and protect her arcade machine at the same time. Suzy sighs and says Emily is right, shouting "PAC MAN NEEDS ME MORE THAN I NEED THE PIZZA!" and getting back to the game. Emily asks Suzy if she's worked out a way to solve her "problem" and Suzy says she's been coming up with some plans to deal with Lisa Matthews. Per Suzy, she's done some independent research and she's discovered that "94.4% of all PRW fans are massive potheads" so she's going to give Robin Matthews weed knowing Lisa will tell her off about it. "That way the fans are going to revolt on her! AIN'T NOBODY LIKE A NARC!"

Emily just groans and asks if Suzy is wasting time with such a stupid idea, drawing a gulp from Suzy. The big Oklahoma native says that she does have more than one plan----but she believes Robin Matthews is the key. We get a reminder that beyond all the memes and sass, Suzy is a pretty big bitch as she tells in great detail how she can see the hurt in Lisa's eyes when she mentions her sister. She says that some losers might think it's kind of touching that Lisa still cares about her sister but Suzy calls it a weakness and a flaw. "It's an anchor and I'm gonna tie it around her chicken head neck and then throw that anchor out into the ocean! Problem solved!" Suzy says that she knows what it's like to love your family but somebody like Lisa wasn't meant to have a family, adding that if she was then her daddy wouldn't of left her and her momma would've stuck up for her "around the whoopin' season." Suzy just needs to figure out how to really drive the stake into Lisa's heart with Robin. She says that it WILL happen but she just needs Emily Hart to be patient with her. Emily asks who it is they're meeting here, asking if it pertains to Robin Matthews. With a guffaw, Suzy says that Robin "is kinda unreliable with her calls" and that her previous four attempts to reach her fell flat. Instead she decided to meet with somebody else about a spot on her Broadway Showcase squad. Emily asks who it is and by the power of TV magic, the door to the restaurant opens up and in walks Clarissa Richardson! "This....might be a little interesting" says Emily with an eyebrow raise and Clarissa just stomps her way over to Suzy and Emily.

Models Edition

Ariel Heart has Gloria Viper backstage and Gloria starts by noting that being seen with Ariel probably isn't good for her reputation. "Honey, you HAVE no reputation" counters Ariel before she points out that she spent money getting Gloria a gift card from Steve Madden to facilitate their meeting. Ariel says she's been where Gloria has been before, striving for greatness in a crowded field. For Ariel, it was modeling and for Gloria it's Red River attention. Ariel compares Gloria to the runt of the litter who can't quite get to the nipple because the bigger puppies have blocked her way and asks if she's satisfied. "I mean I probably spend more on shoes in a week than you make in a month but it doesn't HAVE to be this way." Ariel kind of digs the knife deeper when she asks if Gloria understands that despite being from the Red River Dojo, Wrath never even bothered to put in the good word for her to get her a steady gig. "But if you partner up with me? We can be different. Together you and I can make things different." She calls Gloria a nerd but admits that nerdy chicks can be sexy too and strong in the right situation. "Remember I'm a model, I know what it takes to make it in all forms of business. You just gotta want to be on my team." Gloria Viper takes a big deep breath and then pauses, hinting that she's thinking it over. She gives Ariel a look and asks Ariel what is the MOST she'd offer her from her 25K. Ariel whispers something in Gloria's ear and Gloria's eyes pop out momentarily, muttering that that SEEMS like a lot of money. In a bit of character, Gloria lets out a sigh and says she can't abandon her principles. She knows that this match would be the highlight of her career and she'd be an idiot to turn it down----but she can't. "I'd rather not be in than play for the wrong team if you get what I'm saying." She thanks Ariel for the offer but admits she's not going to take it. Ariel actually respects Gloria for that even if she calls her a stupid idiot for turning down a career payday. With a sigh, Gloria concurs that she's a "dang idiot" before she walks off looking all sorts of conflicted.

Ariel lets out a mumble as she comments on how recruiting people is turning out to be harder than she thought. As she says that, Rocket comes from the other corner. Rocket and Ariel look at one another up and down and we've got basically a model off here in the middle of the hallway. Ariel asks if Rocket needs something and Rocket, as snootily as possible, says she's about to degrade herself. "We know what you did before this hunny, good look in degrading yourself any further than that." Rocket says she's going to regret this but she's ACTUALLY going to answer Ariel's call to join her team for the Broadway Showcase! Ariel's tone changes immediately as she offers up a "Wow really?" and a guffaw. Ariel Heart says that she knew Rocket would see the value in being around her and Rocket snaps that she's not doing this for Ariel. Rocket knows that the spaces in this will be scarce and she wants the opportunity to face the best in the world. She asks that Ariel not say anything to her---but just sign her up. Ariel counters that not ONLY will she sign her up but she'll do it at a raise! Rocket is taken aback by that and says that maybe Ariel has a heart after all. Ariel makes a joke at poor Gloria's expense about her turning down the chance to join the team on principle and Ariel makes sure to heel it by claiming "I guess poor Gloria thinks she's above the job you just took!" In a really surprising bit, Rocket just crosses her arms and replies that it sort of explains why Gloria "has never gone anywhere" in her career. Rocket does the "Sorry but it's true" and Ariel is howling with laughter at Rocket's comment. To further make matters worse, an awesome camera job catches Gloria catching Rocket and Ariel having a big laugh at her expense!

Odds And Ends Edition

*Zhang and Anna Fong are backstage and in a sly bit of business, Fong asks that there be no subtitles "because I am talking to my fans back home and if the message mattered, the fans HERE would learn the language." Anna delivers a big long diatribe in Chinese and then transitions to English, giving a brief update on how the team is adapting to the States and how they're working hard to learn the rules of the Broadway Showcase. They both want to compete and discuss wanting offers.

*In the Onslaught Fight Camp, Vicki starts by acknowledging that she's hoping to get a call for the Broadway Showcase. She jokes about being made for Broadway and figures that since it's all about Broadway, she'd entice the fans a little with some singing. Vicki starts singing "Tomorrow" and as she gets into it, Felicity Cole walks by and shouts at her to stop. Vicki asks if Felicity has anything she'd like to say about the Showcase and Cole just says she doesn't care about it. Vicki asks what she DOES care about and in a very interesting moment, Felicity Cole looks at the mural featuring the Onslaught talents and she puts a poster of herself over Julie Chan's face. "I care about remodeling" adds Felicity before she makes sure to do the same to Jesminder!

*Hanna Heathrow makes a snide ass comment about having only thirty seconds to deliver a message, arguing that she's sure PRW made sure their favorites got much longer to speak. "Marissa and I don't expect an offer to come through the doors from the scared frightened ego driven stars" says Hanna, "but those strong enough to want to win know who to call." Hanna says that Suzy Conrad and Cassie Rial know how great she is and she'd rather set herself on fire than team with Nina Wagner. "So for those of you who are looking for a leader who knows what to do when the time calls for extreme measures? I'm your woman. Call me or call Marissa and win a big match for once in your sad lives."

*Paula Vaughan admits that she doesn't have a ton of footage to really sell herself as a Broadway Showcase talent but he's hoping somebody will take a risk. "I'm ready to prove myself and I'm ready to work harder than anybody else." Paula even acknowledges it's a lame way to get her message across but she doesn't know how else to sell herself. "Everybody has to start somewhere so be the somebody who gets me there!"

*Robin Matthews is smoking a cigar and she admits that the Broadway Showcase isn't something she expects to be picked for. "I'm a bit too bad ass if you know what I'm saying, I'm a bit too wild and reckless for some folks." Robin says there's no WIN in reliability but if a team is prepared to "Robwin" then they'll give her the call. "And make a real offer because I'm not some Onslaught or Red River jabroni who doesn't understand my worth. Pay to play and play to win."

*Brandi James is up next and good lord Brandi after Robin is a real A+ level shitheading. Brandi says that there are four teams and all of them lack color. She says the closest thing they have to somebody "who brings the beautiful" is Nina Wagner but Nina isn't tall enough to be pretty. "You got these ugly midgets running around when a REAL Queen is looking for work? Y'all are sad sad sad sad!" Brandi says a team gets not just a good wrestler but a great business mind.

*Lisa Matthews is working out on one leg and she looks sweaty and tired as she's pushing herself. The Finnish Fury asks if she's pushing too much and Lisa says nobody can ever push themselves too much. "You got Emily, Suzy, Lola and Lux out there gunning for my head? Well I gotta fight back." Lisa also drops a hint about how she's got an offer for the Broadway Showcase "and July gets here quick so I'm not about to sit around, get fat and flop!"

*Valencia Del Rey starts her promo with a casual "Hey y'all, it's your girl Val" and I'm so glad she's getting a chance to talk a bit. Valencia refers to PRW as a big sink sometimes and says that she's been circling the drain "but I got too much pride and too many fans to go down without a fight." Valencia walks into the Broadway Showcase so she can kick some ass and break some faces. "Some team is going to make a damn good decision!"

*Lola and Lux Wilde have "The Korean Cowgirl" Kimberly Valance in a room and the two are hyping her up. Lola shakes Kim and says this is her chance to reintroduce herself to the world and that prompts Lux to shout that the fans need to see the REAL Kim Valance! Kim briefly introduces herself in PERFECT Englsih and she admits she's been faking the accent and the inability to speak English this whole time. She wanted "that Nina Wagner/Julie Chan run" but it went kaput and now she's an intern for the Twins. "But good! I want to be me! I want to be myself!" She talks about getting letters from people in Korea "but I don't even read Korean or whatever so I had to get a ghost writer to do that for me." She says she lived in Japan for the past 15 years and while she has proud Korean heritage, it's time she became herself and made some real money as the REAL Kimberly Valance. "Lola and Lux will guide me far better than jingoism ever could've! Sorry Korea but you're stuck with Nina Wagner now!"

*Lastly we get a teaser of sorts as a banner for the "Alex LeBlanc Talent Search" pops up on screen. We've got Alex LeBlanc in a ring and he's giving a short speech about how he's looking to propel the next female star into action and he's trying to find her. "I've tried before but this time I'm 100% into it" says LeBlanc before he flashes his Hall of Fame ring and comments on how someone like him can get somebody with the heart, passion and the talent something like this.

Joey NOX
OVER 9000!!!
OVER 9000!!!

May 22nd, 2018, 5:02 am #7

The First Four Weeks Of PRW Xclusiv Matches Revealed!

May 27th

-Main Event: Ultimate 28 Bracket C Semi Final Match
2) Beat Kurosawa vs 4) Sean Aries

-Co-Main Event: Bracket D Semi Final Match
1) Vincent Knight vs 5) Genesis

-Julie Chan vs Ariel Heart

-Hanna Heathrow and Marissa Zuniga vs Gloria Viper and Isabella Benitez

-Special Draft Captains Announcement

June 6th

-Main Event: Ultimate 28 Bracket C Semi Final Match
1) La Torre Dorado vs 6) Ashton Masters

-Six Woman Tag Co-Main Event
Jesminder Kanal, Hanna Heathrow and Emily Hart vs Vicki, Cassie Rial and Julie Chan

-Copperhead Open Challenge

June 13th

-Main Event: Oklahoma Whoopin' Match
Suzy Conrad vs Felicity Cole

-Co-Main Event: Ultimate 28 Bracket D Semi Final Match
2) Douglas Witherdall vs 3) Merle "The Duke" Williams

-Jorge Vera vs DeAndre Porter vs Parker Cage Summers vs Lambo Wilson vs Sean Aries vs Ashton Masters

-The PRW Xclusiv debut of Zhao Weiwei!

June 20th

-Main Event: FIRST TIME EVER ON FS2! A Mixed Tag Match!
Jesminder Kanal and Vincent Knight vs Douglas Witherdall and Rachel Langley

-Co-Main Event: MEAN GUY MATCH
Copperhead vs Genesis

-Clarissa Richardson vs Vicki

Joey NOX
OVER 9000!!!
OVER 9000!!!

May 23rd, 2018, 3:56 am #8

PRW Xclusiv

Seven Minutes, Seven Stories

The Lights Shine Brightest

A suited up Sean Aries is adjusting his cuff links in the mirror and the PRW legend starts by noting that it's not the first time he's ever been laid out in the ring. He adds that its not the first time he's ever been humiliated in a wrestling ring and he's smart enough to know that at some point in the near future, he'll suffer the same fate again. He talks about it being a way of wrestling, the veteran getting punked out by somebody before they make a valiant return. With a casual shrug, Sean says he has no problem admitting that Beat Kurosawa got the better of him. He doesn't believe in lying about his losses, adding that when he was a young man, his Dad explained to him that any man who lies about losing is a shamed man. "You can be afraid to lose, you can be mad about losing but lying about your losses? That's just the move of somebody who lacks the balls to face his failures head on." Sean Aries also says that tasting the Backdrop Driver actually has him the smallest bit of afraid for his well being. "I'm kind of growing to enjoy the concept that maybe 20 to 30 years from now this fucked up business won't take EVERYTHING I've got left. That move? That move can cut years off your life." Here's the problem though per Sean, the problem is that it's in his blood not to get even but to get een more than that was taken from him. He says Beat Kurosawa might think Sean wants to get revenge but Sean refuses to JUST get revenge. Sean doesn't do 50/50, he's not in the business of "trading wins and trading losses. I'm in the business of getting fucked up and leaving you more fucked up. I'm not going for equal footing here." Sean says that the Ultimate 28 was his path back to the top of the mountain but for one show only, it's going to be about reminding everybody that they just don't know who they're fucking with.

Sean adjusts his tie and pauses, exhaling. With a grumble, Sean angrily says that he'd be a dick if he didn't at least mention Vincent Knight. Sean Aries says that from the bimbo he walks around with to the shitty tattoos he wears on his body, he knows Vincent Knight has a bad decision gene. "You can't fix your genetics but I would advise you to maybe try to temper your stupidity with some sort of medication." Aries gruffly claims he thinks Vincent Knight thinks he "won something or proved a point or something stupid" by putting that perseverance award over his chest. He figures that Knight believes Aries is going to be fired up and hurting over that but Sean Aries willingly threw that trophy out. "When you put it on me, you made me realize that it wasn't too long ago that PRW viewed me as a sad charity case. All you did was make me hungrier to prove them all wrong." Sean points to the hotel nightstand where the award sits and he says that he now carries it with him every day to get him right and pissed off for the day to come. "Every single time I look at that trophy, I'm reminded of how PRW tried to throw dirt over my body as it was failing me---and by extension I'm reminded that you helped bring that memory back up." Aries PROMISES Vincent Knight that one day in the near future, he's going to regret everything he ever did to him. "But I'm a bit too smart to overlook Beat Kurosawa. We share a spot on this show and I'll all say is dress early and leave as soon as your match is done because IF I see you after after this Kurosawa match? I will spend the rest of my life with regret. Not because of what I've done----but of all the things I'll never be able to do to you ever again."

A Little Chit Chat

For an immediate rebuttal, we're taken to Vincent Knight who is at an outdoor restaurant in Connecticut filming himself on his phone. Knight starts by claiming that normally he'd be disgusted by having PRW follow him around while he eats but today's different. It's different because he's got to talk about THREE different people and he's not going to be doing it again so he might as well do it while he's waiting on a three course meal. Knight starts by addressing "PRW's favorite libcuck" Douglas Witherdall, casually rolling his eyes as he does a slight VK salute. Knight says that Witherdall's name alone draws a retch from him but he's managing to hold it down long enough to give Douglas a little bit of attention. Knight says that Douglas Witherdall "is a nice enough idiot" but he's growing sick of him. He says that not only is HE growing sick of him but so is Rocket. "You know why your friend doesn't pick up her phone to call you as much?! Because her mouth is occupied by the REAL Big Daddy V!" Knight cackles and says his second target is Genesis. They're meeting up in the Ultimate 28 and Knight says it's an irony to call it that since Genesis can't even count to 28. Knight points out that Genesis "has failed once, failed twice and will fail and fail again" to ever be anything more than a sad tag team wrestler. Vincent Knight calls tag team wrestling an artform "but if you gave Picasso photoshop, he couldn't create shit! You're Picasso and I'm in the new age airbrushing asses!" He says he's not afraid of Genesis at all and everything Genesis represents is sad and decrepit. Lastly there's Sean Aries, Vincent Knight laughing as he repeats the name. Vinny K believes the visual told the whole story and he's not going to tie himself into knots trying to add anything more to it. All he'll add is that like his mother, he wants most people to remember Sean Aries as laid out on his back wondering why God wasted the time to make him. "And you cling to that award tightly, Sean! Because it's the last thing you're ever going to earn because the Ultimate 28 is MINE!"

Yo WTF

I cannot think of a better visual all time all my life than Genesis and Exodus in a PUBLIC library together. THAT is where we are ladies and gentlemen! GenEx are in the library and Genesis is looking up something in a book while Exodus ROARS that they were supposed to find some girlies! "THERE'S PLENTY OF GIRLIES IN A LIBRARY!" shouts Genesis in return and Exodus shouts back that those are NOT the kind of girlies he's after. "A GIRL WHO GOES TO THE LIBRARY DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO SATISFY GENESIS AND EXODUS! NOT EVEN ONE OF US!" Genesis ROARS back that this a library and you're supposed to be quiet and as he says that, he grabs the book and angrily tears it in half! Exodus asks what they're supposed to be looking for and Genesis with a big groan shouts that they've done this before. "I NEED TO LOOK UP A WORD!" says Genesis and when Exodus asks what it means Genesis ROARS back that it's a word to describe being stuck in nowhere. Genesis feels like GenEx are stuck in nowhere and they've los their place. THAT upsets him because HE is not somebody who is stuck in nowhere and Exodus isn't either. Genesis says they tried to team up with Beat Kurosawa and it didn't work, they helped out Alex LeBlanc "but for what?!" and now they're just not doing anything. He picks up a chair and THROWS it across the room, shouting that this nothingness has him feeling so mad. He wants to BREAK people up but make it count, proving that Genesis is the psychology wiz this business has been missing since like 05. Genesis grabs the table (!) and he flips it over, roaring that this nothingness is eating at him because they are not "MEANT TO BE LOST IN NOWHERE! WE ARE THE NOWHERE OF PRW!" A petrified onlooker asks Genesis if he means limbo and Genesis shouts "YES! THANK YOU TINY MAN!" while the dude nearly takes a bump at how loud Genesis is shouting at him. Exodus asks if Genesis is feeling better and Genesis gives him a nod, admitting that he feels like a load is off his chest now. "SPEAKING OF LOADS, WHAT WORD DO WE NEED TO LOOK UP TO DESCRIBE THAT LOAD OF GUTS AND GARBAGE VINCENT KNIGHT?!" With a big HOWL, Genesis says he knows that word already. "DEAD!"

Hall Of Fame In And Out

A casual smirking Alex LeBlanc is there as Jaiden Angel, PRW Special Events Reporter stands next to him with the mic. Jaiden Angel does the preamble; explaining that she's in Atlanta, Georgia for "Alex LeBlanc's Statewide Talent Search" and she asks Alex to explain whether this is a gimmick or not. LeBlanc explains that the Onslaught and Wrath and others have their hands in female wrestling and he's sort of always been afraid to embrace it because of his issues in relationships. Alex also felt a little snakebit by his Project Horizon struggles and wanted to step back and maybe try a smaller scale approach. "See being a Hall Of Famer isn't just about wins and losses, it's about your contributions." LeBlanc says that he's looking for a female protege, adding that this is no different than sponsorsing wrestling tournaments to keep the amateur wrestling scene alive or doing seminars for hungry talent looking for help. Alex puts this over as a chance for "maybe one or two or a few" women to get spotlighted and MAYBE even brought into PRW under his guidance. Jaiden plugs some of the other stops on this tour and then brings it back to Xclusiv. She asks if Alex LeBlanc has plans to address "the Fight For Freedom madness" on Xclusiv and LeBlanc's face sours almost instantly. With a sigh, LeBlanc says that there's a lot to digest about the Fight For Freedom which was the craziest match in PRW history in his mind. LeBlanc says PRW attorneys are still trying to tell him what he can and cannot address BUT when the time is right and when he's given clearance, he plans to deliver "a fucking verbal takeown the likes of which never seen before on PRW TV." He says he's just waiting for the clearance to be himself and until then? He's focused on punking out the fake HOF-er Mark Graves and finding some female talent to shine a spotlight on.

Oh Man...

Copperhead is packing up his bags and it looks like the big dude is about to head out to somewhere. As he's packing, Brandi James asks if he REALLY wants to do this. Copperhead angrily says that yes, he really wants to do this. "Just going to take off during the prime of your career when you COULD be improving?" asks Brandi and Copperhead angrily says he wants Patrick Slaughter. Since Patrick Slaughter is refusing to fight him, he figures he'll just take off the first few weeks and show back up in June. Brandi James calls that lazy and Copperhead snaps back that as his manager, it's her job to secure the matches that he wants. "I WANT PATRICK SLAUGHTER! WHERE IS HE?!" Brandi shouts that she's been trying to get him signed and to his credit, Copperhead fires back that she's more busy making deals with OTHER wrestlers. "I'm going to take care of myself and when I come back, I'm SURE somebody will have my eye. Alex LeBlanc or Sean Aries or Vincent Knight." When Copperhead says the last name, Brandi says that it won't be Knight because she's still working on a big deal. With a shrug, Copperhead says that sorts like a personal problem. He says he'll send her a post card from France, grabs onto his back and then walks out leaving Brandi there in a huff.

This Feud Better Be A Hit

Parker Cage Summers is backstage and ole PCS looks thrilled to be here, casually talking to a staffie about something or another. As PCS is being told that he'll get "about a minute" to do his promo, Merle "The Duke" Williams strolls up to him. PCS has his fists clenched and Merle tells him to just relax for a second. Merle admits he might've made a mistake accusing PCS of stealing his famed hat. He says that the hat meant so much to him that he just sort of lost his cool and decided to try and do some vigilante justice. Merle talks about how that's just part of the way he was brought up since his grandfathers and his great grandfathers were men who took the law into their own hands when they saw fit. Merle wants to apologize to PCS and he even brought him a peace offering! PCS asks Merle if it's something stupid and "The Duke" lets out a chuckle and tells PCS to just consider this a token of his appreciation. He then hands Parker Cage Summers----a pimp hat! "I figure you'd find this hat to be a bit more your speed" says Merle as he hands PCS this ridiculously purple hat with an oversized feather in the top of it. PCS looks it over and you can tell he wants to throw hands but he stops and lets out a big sigh. PCS says it's thoughtful "in an asshole kind of way" and then asks Merle if it's felt. Merle is putting over the hat and how much it cost him, casually remarking that the hat may be worth the equivalent of what a funeral costs for some people. He tells PCS that he spent over four hours picking that hat out as a peace offering. "And all I ask in return is that you fess up and give me my hat back." PCS looks at the hat, spits in it (!) and then tosses it to Merle Williams before adding "Well I just did." Parker Cage Summers walks off as Merle "The Duke" Williams just angrily growls into the camera! Just before we cut out, Scumbag Steve Taylor walks into the shot and asks Merle if he plans on keeping the hat or not.

Speaking Of Hits

Nick Gage is in a grimy dirty alley and the Philly native says that he's in Philadelphia after trying to take the hide of La Torre Dorado. Gage says that once upon a time he made a mistake and it cost him years of his life. "And I realized something, the way I'll make money is not by shit like that, it's by hurting motherfuckers." Gage says he loves deathmatch wrestling and he's a man who will happily mutilate his body all for the love of the game. He doesn't earn much stabbing people with pizza cutters or throwing them through tables or hitting them with light tubes. According to Gage, he'd do all of that for free. "But 2 million dollars? Well I had to try and get a piece of that." Gage says most men never have the opportunity to make $100,000 but this is a legal way to make $2,000,000 and in an environment he knows best. Nick Gage says he's not an idiot and he knows La Torre Dorado could break him into two if this was a match----but it's not going to be a match. If LTD wants to get his pride, he'll come to Philadelphia and find him. Then when he finds them? They're going to have a no rules no referee deathmatch of their own. He wonders if Dorado's 7 foot tall frame is gutless or if he'll show up like a man and fight. "You hear about street fights? Well I ain't never lost a street fight in my life!" We pan back to reveal that the Gage video is being watched by LTD on a tablet. Dorado is listening as Gage rant and rave before he looks across the way----at the Onslaught private jet! "It won't be the first time Nick Gage has run into the Long Arm Of The Law" says Dorado casually, "but this time? The the only board he's going to need to see is a backboard for the ambulance." Dorado walks toward the plane, the massive man from Mexico eclipsing the camera as we're engulfed in black!

Joey NOX
OVER 9000!!!
OVER 9000!!!

May 23rd, 2018, 10:45 pm #9

Tuesday Night Is Ladies Night!

PRW Xclusiv

It is BACK! We begin in the PRW locker room as Lisa Matthews is hobbling around looking for somebody backstage. She lets out a big "FINALLY!" sigh and walks toward a spot where Cassie Rial is enjoying a little private time with her tablet. In a fun bit of irony (coincidence?), Cassie seems to be watching an old Lisa Matthews match. Lisa asks Cassie if she's got a minute and Cassie Rial gives her a big smile. Because she's a good person, Cassie even makes sure to make some room for Lisa so she cans it down with her big crutch. Cassie asks how the leg is doing and Lisa Matthews says that Cassie doesn't have to worry about that. "If you want me for Broadway, I'll be good to go!" says Lisa Matthews and Cassie Rial gives her the world's most pained smile ever. Cassie tells Lisa to not rush things if she's not able to compete yet. Lisa tries to push the issue but Cassie politely tells Lisa that nobody likes a fake hero so she needs to be herself and not be some kind of super hero. "I don't want Emily to know that she hurt me. I don't want Suzy or Clarissa to know they got me." With a shrug, Cassie Rial says everybody knows everybody is hurt and the badasses just work around it. "And we know you're a bad ass so just embrace it." Cassie asks Lisa if she's got something to ask her and Matthews calls it awkward to bring up. Big Cass says she's listening and so Lisa starts by apologizing for how Felicity Cole treated her. Lisa says Felicity is a great woman who doesn't really get to express herself well because she's sort of a big stubborn brick of muscle. With a laugh, Cassie says PRW has a lot of those so it's all good. Cassie points out to Lisa that she's been the friend who was obnoxious and had the obnoxious friend so it's all out of love to her.

With a nod, Lisa notes that they have a common enemy. She asks Cassie if she can give her any sort of dirt about Emily or Suzy and how to counteract them. Cassie asks why Lisa is asking her and with a bit of a sigh, Lisa says that Ata "isn't entirely on board with my decision to embrace this head on." Lisa admits that to her, Ata's probably right about her chances to beat Emily but she's not going to just accept that and let Emily believe she's gotten under her skin. In a pretty cool moment, Cassie promises to tell Lisa everything she can after the show and when Lisa asks why, Cassie points out that once upon a time she was told she couldn't beat Emily Hart and yet she didn't let that deter her from doing it. "So if you want to try it and you think you can? Then go out there and get the damn thing done." Lisa Matthews looks to almost be on the verge of tears as she refers to Cassie as the one person who has been able to beat Emily Hart. "So as you can imagine I'm pretty damn geeked!" Cassie Rial tells Lisa that above all else, the one thing she had was a support group in Aries, NOX and Nebraska Jones who all believed in her. She tells Lisa that she's got the right kind of friends to support her to beat Emily Hart. She warns Lisa that above all else, she needs her health----so she wants Lisa to take it low and slow for a while. "The chances to be great are gonna be there for you so just focus on healing up." In a funny bit, Lisa says that in wrestling everybody is just trying to hype themselves up or hype up whatever they're doing but Cassie is giving her a chance to help HER out. With a shrug, Cassie says that if she's the big star that people believe she is then she SHOULD be. "I ain't jealous, I'm just me" adds Cass with a shrug.

Elsewhere Emily Hart and Suzy Conrad are meeting backstage with Robin Matthews! Emily is talking to Robin about making the right career choices and Robin is totally ignoring her----which doesn't even seem to bother Emily Hart. Robin asks Emily Hart if she has a point to her rant and Emily's smile is like 1,000 yards wide. With a big smirk, Emily refers to Robin as "interesting" and right off the jump Suzy Conrad is about to put the boots to Robin. "YA THINK SHE'S MORE INTERESTING THAN ME?!" yells Big Suze and we get the world's most adorable subtle burial as Emily with a big smile just says that she has far more interesting words for her than interesting. Emily Hart sits down next to Robin on a loading truck and she tells Robin Matthews that right now Robin is on her own and she can understand that loneliness is the path to true peace. "Believe me I can REALLY REALLY REALLY relate to wanting to be on my own" says Emily as a sweaty Suzy Conrad's eyes begin to nervously dart around. Emily says that she sees something in Robin that makes her very interested. "Maybe its your general lack of care or empathy for others, maybe it's your personal habits or maybe it's your talent. I'm not going to give you a speech about how great you are and how special you could be under my study. All I'm going to say is that sometimes to be free, you gotta consider your allies first." Emily says just to prove she's not talking bullshit either, she's going to present Robin with a gift on her behalf. She hands Robbin an overloaded baggie of a green substance and tells her to enjoy it on the house. "When you're indulging, remember who ya got it from" says Emily with a little wink thrown in for good measure.

Julie Chan and Paola Zuniga are sharing a bite to eat together outside the venue and we've caught them mid convo seemingly. Paola asks Julie if this Ariel Heart match "is really too much for her" and Julie counters that it's not that it's too much, it's that it's too little. Julie argues that Cassie is in the midst of building a squad for a specialty match AND she's headlining PRW vs The World while NinaWags is both feet first into the Lioness of Wrestling title picture. She wants those opportunities as well and feels like Julie vs Ariel Heart is a total waste of time. Paola Zuniga pitches Tenille Dashwood to Julie and Julie scratches her chin. Julie asks Paola if she can take constructive criticism and Paola says she's absolutely happy to take it. "I suppose my question is what would a Julie Chan type benefit from being around a Tenille Dashwood type?" Paola cringes and Julie apologizes, noting that Ariel Heart is at least a member of the roster and she's been working hard. "All this Tenille chick did is get released elsewhere and we just welcomed her with open arms." We get an interesting little line where Julie sort of objects to the idea of having to be the measuring stick of sorts. Julie says Ariel Heart "was fun for a while but the fun eventually wears out on a person." Paola Zuniga just tells Julie that if she's a star, she'll do what she always does vs Ariel Heart and then they can work on finding her something bigger and better to do. "This stuff always solves itself" says Paola and with a grumble, Julie just says that she hopes that is the case because "I'm not too keen on losing ground these days." We then get an ultimately high level petty line as Julie Chan just casually asks if on the Xclusiv poster, she could be placed "just a few inches higher than Nina and Cassie" in exchange for taking this match vs Ariel Heart. We get a salute from Paola and with a smirk, Julie promises she'll find a way to handle business vs Ariel Heart!

Standing in front of a PRW Xclusiv banner, we've got Isabella Benitez and Gloria Viper ready to cut a promo. The last time we saw these two together, Isabella Benitez was getting chewed out by Gloria after she claimed she was going to quit PRW. Now though it appears Gloria is in full team player mode as she starts by claiming that it is HER honor to be teaming up with Isabella Benitez to face Hanna Heathrow and Marissa Zuniga. Gloria Viper says that she's not going to act like there's some long relationship between she and Iz but sometimes desperation and opportunities create for magical memories between strangers. Gloria tells the story of strangers helping each other out of a burning building to survive and that's the best comp she's got for this match. "We know how close that cutting block can be and so we're scratching and scrapping and working together to get away from it!" She points out how the Alliance may be dead but as long as Hanna is roaming the halls of PRW, that "crusty smell of garbage is still going to be around!" Benitez jumps in and says that she respects Hanna Heathrow for what she has accomplished in such a short time but she knows she's capable of doing the same. "I will beat you!" says Iz and Gloria's "You mean WE will!" actually seems to a) pop and b) embarrass Benitez at the same time. Iz apologizes and Gloria says to not apologize, trying to spin it as Iz realizing that they can still win together while also accomplishing their own goals. She goes to keep up the charade and rescue the promo when Rocket strolls into the picture! Rocket LOOKS upset and Gloria just asks her pal to step to the side so they can finish this up. Rocket says she'd like to talk to her right now in private and Gloria lets out a sigh, telling Isabella Benitez to wrap this up for her. With Gloria stomping off after Rocket, Iz nervously smiles at the camera and adds a very unconvincing "Hanna and Marissa! We will kill you two!"

It's only fair we get a rebuttal from Hanna Heathrow and Marissa Zuniga! Hanna actually makes a funny point about how nobody thinks Marissa can talk so she's going to flex her leadership muscles and let Marissa do the talking for this one. Marissa pretty much sums it up without doing too much when she goes "Gloria Viper? Really? Really? Isabella Benitez?" Marissa says four months ago she was warring it out with the Wild Tiger Fight Team and headlining PRW vs The World (huh?) and now she's left to rebuild their stock versus the likes of Gloria Viper and Isabella Benitez. Marissa says she can relate to those two because once upon a time she was only hired because of roster bloat like them. "They went to Panama and got these hag who can work for 25 cents on the dollar and then this Gloria chick is just here because....well I don't even know!" Unlike them, Marissa says she reinvented herself to survive. Now she and Hanna Heathrow are on top of the wrestling world as the world's most dynamic duo. She asks if anybody will remember the name of Gloria Viper and Isabella Benitez while everyone will remember them and will remember what they have done. "We got rid of Theressa VDM and sent her broken legged back to Denmark or wherever and we killed off Alice Harris for good." She promises a similar fate for Isabella and Gloria before casually noting that they're going to use this as a pit stop on their way back to the top of the card. "We're going to refuel at your expense, ladies. We're not looking to be prelim workers ever again!" With a smirk, Hanna says she couldn't of said it better herself and the two walk off together arm in arm.

Jesminder Kanal and Ata Tatupu are in the Onslaught Fight Camp and Ata is in SUCH a "I can't even" sort of mood. Ata rubs her forehead angrily and asks Jesminder Kanal if she's aware of how stressful this entire situation is. Jesminder goes to say something but Ata cuts her off, reminding Jes that she like every member of the Onslaught has to abide by certain rules and codes. Ata brings up the Onslaught Way and Jesminder lets out a big groan, forcing Ata to remind her that these rules exist for a reason. Ata says she put up with the Julie/Jes feud "that drew battlelines everywhere all over the Onslaught" because it was a personal issue that needed resolving. She says she put up with Jesminder dragging PRW through a contract dispute because she 100% understands the need and desire for somebody to get theirs. She even sucked it up while Jesminder Kanal went around being an ass in the run up to the Bakersfield Battle because she could appreciate in a way Jesminder's commitment to rtting herself an advantage. What she WON'T handle is Jesminder being a big sore loser with the way things played out for her. Ata tells Jesminder that Rachel eliminated her fair and square, AFTER Jes ruined her chances at beating Emily, and Jes has taken that to heart. "You should be more focused on succeeding where you failed and less focused on how other people succeeded." Ata makes the comment that I'm sure most people have been hoping to make to Jes when she tells Jes to focus on finding ways to make up for what she lacks as a personality and not so much on trying to prove a point to anybody.

With a big sigh, Jesminder Kanal says she would expect this from a loser like Julie but not from Ata. She says she respects Ata for making her into the star she is now but she wants more. What's more, she owes Rachel Langley an ass kicking and asks if Ata is just stumping for Rachel because Rachel is apart of AWS. "You're apart of the Onslaught so maybe you should ask less stupid questions" says Ata angrily before she adds that she's trying to prevent Jesminder from fully going off the rails. Jesminder Kanal tells Ata in response that she should focus on "being basically retired" and she'll focus on Rachel Langley. "Rachel is my beef and I'm going to handle it as such!" shouts Jesminder and when she realizes Ata is about to get up and beat the shit out of her, Jes runs out of the room looking all kinds of mad! As Ata is standing there contemplating beating the shit out of Jesminder, Vicki walks in! Vickers asks if this is a bad time and Ata just angrily says that it's never a good time with any of the Outlaws these days. Vicki cringes and says she can leave if it makes Ata feel better but with a sigh, Ata just asks her what she needs. Vicki says that she didn't want to upset Ata but she wanted to tell her that she penned a letter to Frank Gillespie to stump for Kani Kamana. Ata calls that a nice gesture and Vicki sits down, joking that maybe all of this Onslaught drama is her fault. "I'm bad luck, it's what my Mum used to tell me. Bad Luck Vicki I guess" says Vicki with a nervous shrug, Ata just letting out the world's strongest sigh. Ata tells Vicki that the Onslaught is just in the middle of another one of those dramatic spots where things go wrong and they'll fight through it. She tells Vicki to focus on her career and to get back to racking up those wins. "I get the feeling Jesminder will find her way soon enough" says Jes as Vicki promises that when they get in the ring in a few weeks, Jes is going to feel a bit of Ata in Vicki's strikes.

We end back with Rocket and Gloria Viper who are meeting up in a room together. Gloria asks if Rocket has an issue and Rocket just angrily asks what Gloria's beef with her is. Gloria isn't sure what Rocket's on about but Rocket points out that Gloria has been avoiding her all week. "Been making the towns" says Gloria plainly and Rocket shouts that Gloria can convince other people she's not mad at her but she knows she's mad. With a grumble, Gloria just tells Rocket that she (being Rocket) isn't the only woman who watches the shows. Per Gloria, she knows Rocket buried her with Ariel Heart and she didn't appreciate that. She says she especially didn't appreciate that because she was trying to stick up for Rocket and stand by her. Rocket apologizes for that but since Rocket's entire gimmick is "I watch these shows", she's quick to note that Gloria threw a diss her way when discussing blonde haired wrestlers. Rather than deny it, Gloria says she didn't mean to insult Rocket but point out that prettier people than her will always get ahead and how she just wants to outwork everyone because it's all she knows. Rocket forgives Gloria for getting "a bit too emotional for your own good really" but Gloria doesn't apologize for saying that. "I believe I'm right when I said that people like you will always get an opportunity over people like me, it doesn't make you a bitch for getting that chance."

Gloria says she respects Rocket immensely for the work she put in to get to where she is. Rocket says she knows a but is coming and so Gloria says it's not a but but her butt. "You worked hard but this is also about the fact that you look amazing and people want to see you on their TV." but Rocket can't deny that the journey was a lot easier being the way she was and who she was dating. Rather than argue, Rocket just throws her hands up and refers to Gloria as jealous of her. Gloria says she's not jealous of Rocket and she's happy for her friends success, Rocket telling her to cut the bullshit out. Rocket says she's a PRW STAR and Gloria is still trying to convince people to care about her so now she's taking shots at her. Rocket says it's not going to work because she's too on track and mentally locked in. "Maybe if you did some sit ups and did your hair, you could find somebody to boost your career too" says Rocket angrily and Gloria looks SO crushed by that. Rocket angrily tells Gloria that of all the bad looks she has, jealousy is the worst one and then stomps off, telling Gloria that maybe Knight was right about her. She slams the door to the locker room behind her and Gloria is left there alone looking upset.

Joey NOX
OVER 9000!!!
OVER 9000!!!

May 28th, 2018, 6:47 am #10

The Models

With a bit of a chortle, Ariel Heart is looking over her roster in the locker room. The Model has her Steve Madden shoes up on the table in front of her as she peers over a piece of paper. To herself, Ariel remarks that the roster is coming together perfectly. "Not since the Heat has a perfect team been more built!" Ariel Heart says that when the early declare period begins soon, she's going to wow folks with what she has built up so far. As Ariel Heart says that, Rocket strolls up to her looking perturbed. Ariel asks if she can help Rocket and Rocket angrily replies that she's wondering if their partnership was a bad idea. Rocket talks about her twitter follower count dropping since partnering up with Heart but Ariel is bothered that it's somehow her fault. The Queen of Hearts says that maybe it's because Rocket is gaining weight so fans are losing interest in her. Rocket goes to reply to that dig but Ariel Heart just tells her to relax a little bit. Ariel says once they win the Broadway Showcase, everything will change and for the better. Rocket says they can't win with just two people on their team and Ariel agrees, claiming that she's signed FOUR people now including Rocket. Rocket asks if Ariel is sure she's actually gotten some talent to sign and Ariel points to an empty envelope for her gift cards. "These are our favorite cards" says Ariel Heart, "and everybody is really enjoying them." Heart talks about how she's been doing her best negotiating and digging up a fine collection of ways to entice people to get on board. A very happy looking Ariel Heart says that all is well and all is on point.

Rocket asks how many people Ariel thinks she can add and with a cringe, Heart just says that maybe 5 members of the squad is enough for her. Ariel says she's almost tapped out at this point because she spent a large percentage of her money reeling in a big name free agent. Rocket asks if that means Clarissa Richardson is on board and surprisingly Ariel says that Clarissa didn't cost as much to sign as she expected. "Turns out those negotiations were quite easy!" says Ariel Heart nervously with a dramatic-ish collar tug for added effect. Rocket asks who the big free agent signing is and Ariel pops me at least by noting that with "that other organization signing a whole bunch of people," she had to strike quick and fast. That meant somewhat overpaying for what it might sort of kind cost. She puts Clarissa over for agreeing to a "fair amount for both of us" but notes that Richardson isn't the highest paid wrestler on her team. "That belongs to....." and Ariel taps on her table to make a dramatic drumroll. She does it long enough to signify the arrival from the showers of Tenille Dashwood! Dashwood swings open the shower curtain and in true pro wrestling, she's got her full gear on and her shades. Rocket asks if Dashwood is aware how stupid that is and Dashwood just shouts at her to shut up. Tenille says PRW isn't offering her the contract she wants for a long term deal but Ariel Heart was willing to pony up the big bucks and now she's all in 100% for ONE NIGHT ONLY! "Ya see how great she is!?" says Ariel jubilantly as Rocket just rubs her forehead angrily.

Tenille Dashwood talks about how much she wants to prove to PRW that she's not just here to play a game. Tenille cuts a basic-ish promo about how bitter her run elsewhere was but Ariel Heart is offering her a brand new chance. Tenille has no problem claiming she was held down elsewhere and not given the opportunity to flex her full muscle and live up to her potential. She promises that things will be different in PRW because they'll give her an opportunity to stand out. She points out how Julie Chan got the jump at her at the Bakersfield Battle but times are going to change and things are going to be different now. The best part is Tenille is talking the entire time at the camera and is pulling the veteran move of ensuring that whenever Ariel or Rocket tires to get in the shot, she makes sure to stay out in front of the camera. Ariel Heart points out that Rocket, Tenille and her make up the prettiest team and when you throw Clarissa in there then she can't imagine a team who won't be the favorites. Ariel asks if they can all do a "hottie high five" but Tenille just casually blows her and Rocket off.

NinaWags Edititon

Nina Wagner is by herself in an empty arena, the ring being put together by the crew. Nina is staring ahead as the workers are doing their bit and the voice of Felicity Cole behind her asks if they can talk real quick. Nina Wagner says they haven't been introduced and Felicity admits that Nina "probably has heard enough bad things about her to say no to a conversation." With a little bit of a smile on her face, Nina Wagner says she gives everybody a fair shot to show who they are before she runs them off. "It's gotten me into trouble a few times" says Nina with a laugh. A standoff-ish Felicity Cole sits down and she asks Nina if she can give her some advice. Nina asks if this is about the Broadway Showcase and to her credit, Felicity makes it clear that she just doesn't care about that in the slightest right now because her focus is on her friend. Nina Wagner asks what necessarily is it she wants advice about then and Felicity plainly says "I just said; my friend." With a big sigh, Nina asks how she can help and Felicity points out that Team SpinDash went through some moments where they watched the other partner suffer through some tough times. Felicity asks Nina if she ever felt like she let her friend down and NinaWags says there's been times where Alex Mesa has fought her heart out and Nina has felt the pain of a loss. "As for letting her down? I think Alex and I are proof that when you believe in one another and live to support one another, anything can happen. You don't have let downs, you have wins and losses but you wear it together."

Felicity is nodding the whole time as Nina explains to her that in wrestling, friendships are often fake. "If its a real one, you better give it the respect it deserves as such." With a big sniffle, Felicity sort of cracks momentarily when she says that she knows Lisa can't beat Emily Hart. At the same time, she knows she owes it to her friend to let her fight this fight even if she doesn't have the best odds to win. She asks if Nina has ever done that for Alex Mesa, letting her fight a match she can't win because she knows how much the effort means to her. This kicks off a pseudo debate between Nina and Alex about whether or not you need to be realistic to be a friend or if friendship means supporting someone even if the end result is likely to lead in heartache. In the end, Felicity actually says that she wishes she could be more like Nina and believe in her friends and not be a realist. "I wish I had your ability to, I guess kind of lie to myself." With a smirk, Nina Wagner tells Felicity she better grow comfortable lying because this is the lying business. Nina Wagner asks Felicity if she's got anything else she wants advice about and Felicity says there is ONE thing but she's nervous to ask about it. Nina says she's never judged "and if it's about mistakes, I trusted Gemma twice." With a sigh, Felicity asks if Nina remembers anything about that time where she and Mesa had "the locker room heart to heart." With an eyebrow raise, Nina says the rumor she always heard was that Felicity didn't like wrestling. "I....made an exception for that." Felicity just asks if Nina remembers the conversation and Nina says she had plenty of heart to hearts with Alex. Nina asks her to be more specific and Felicity clams up, shyly telling Nina that she can forget she said anything. Nina wants to hear more but Felicity Cole just tells her to not worry about it at all. Felicity thanks Nina for her time and then leaves as nervously as we've ever seen her.