Information: We have moved to http://professionalrpgwrestling.jcink.net

Brian Christopher Lawler/Nikolai RIP

LalSingh
Amateur
Amateur

1:34 AM - Jul 31, 2018 #1

Nikolai Volkov, and Brian Christopher Lawler recently passed away.

I was kinda emotionally prepared for Nikolai...Brian Christopher was way too young.

For lack of a better way of putting it, I am upset. These two were dear to me.
Want To Be A True Believer Too...?

Joey NOX
OVER 9000!!!
OVER 9000!!!

4:32 AM - Jul 31, 2018 #2

We also lost Brickhouse Brown who like Brian Christopher was another vital part of Memphis in its latter days. Brickhouse had been battling cancer for a while and is a real loss in my eyes.

Brian Christopher is SO tragic. Love him or hate him, he was so young and by all accounts a fun goofy guy. It's a shame and as a Memphis wrestling fan (having missed out on the era), I wish I knew why a lot of these second generation wrestlers have so many issues. Eddie Gilbert gone, Brian Christopher gone, Jaimee Dundee always in a bad way and Jeff Jarrett's real life struggles with sobriety that almost ruined his life.

Nikolai Volkoff in so many ways embodied what was great about the Rock N Roll Wrestling era; a big dude who looked scary as hell who was an utter goof teaming with another goof. They were a perfect pair and Volkoff had a really under the radar run in 1993 as a sympathetic heel in Ted Dibiase's Million Dollar Corporation. By all accounts he was the nicest guy.

Wrestling lost some characters this week.

"Guys, calm down, everything's gonna be fine. Van Hammer is here to save us."

LalSingh
Amateur
Amateur

12:17 AM - Aug 01, 2018 #3

wrote:Wrestling lost some characters this week.
Aye, the above.
Want To Be A True Believer Too...?