What Morpher Would You Want?

Feel free to drop on by and talk about your favorite episodes, plots(or their holes) and anything related to. Power Rangers Discussions only! No Sentai talk in this forum

What Morpher Would You Want?

RevolutionChick
PR Mentor

13 Apr 2011, 18:35 #1

So, we've seen a lotta different morphers on the show. The old fashion back-pocket morphers, the morphers that stayed connected on your wrist, and even cell phones and sunglasses (oy. Sunglasses.)

So, which morpher would you want, if you were a Ranger and could pick? Would you pick from what's already been invented, or go your own way and create something new...like sunglasses :rolleyes:

Fanficrulez
PR Fan

13 Apr 2011, 22:05 #2

Can't beat the original but I liked the Dino Thunder ones too

Dean

hiw02009
PR Guru

20 Apr 2011, 13:17 #3

Hmm, for me it's a toss up between the Zeonizers and the Dino Morphers. Both have poorly disguised civilian modes (wristband with a big a$$ jewel, a watch with no face, and they both have Ranger coloring, that's my kind of obvious) Both instanly transform and let you morph with no assembly required (I'm looking at you Turbo and RPM... save the keys for the Zords thank you) and this might sound petty but, they look really cool!

I can't stand regular cell phones anymore... I've been semi-spoiled by steve jobs even if, it turned me into a Ranger I'd be that green Ranger going "this is cool and all but, couldn't you have worked my Ranger form into an iPhone app?" Besides, something about disguising Morphers as everday object kinda seems like your trivializing them *cough* Jungle Fury *cough* in my opinion... They turn you into a Superhero, they should look awesome!

Hero In Waiting Says... Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

TricksterWolf
PR Fanatic

20 Apr 2011, 15:24 #4

I'd like something that looked more like a Wind Ninja morpher, but was push button like a Galaxy morpher . . . although this is influenced by growing up watching G-Force/Gatchaman.

Dark Knight
Power Ranger
Dark Knight
Power Ranger

02 May 2011, 04:37 #5

Well this one's a sticky subject, because personally, I'd have to think of three factors.

1. How lkely is it to get lost/stolen, leaving you powerless?
2. How inconspicuous is it?
3. How complicated is it to operate?

The first basically means I'd be looking at either a morpher that's worn or attached somehow, like one of the numerous wrist morphers, or perhaps the Samurai Amulet. This does also have the in-built security of being unlikely to be forgotten (Tommy, that IS a shot at you!) or removed before it can be activated.

Either this, or if it IS a morpher that's not worn but carried, it'd have to be something of a decent size that you're unlikely to forget, such as a decent size cell phone, or perhaps (waits for cat calls) Sunglasses. Hey, I admit it, I actualy liked the Solar Morphers OK? The only area that such a morpher DOES have a problem with is the possibility of being removed/stolen or otherwise impeded before you get a chance to activate it.

The second is only really important if your team takes the whole secret identity thing seriously. RPM? SPD? Lightspeed? WHo cares? Everyone knows who you are anyway! As for Ninja Storm? Yeah, way to keep a low prfile with a massive watch that takes up half the forearm and most importantly, doesn't even have a visible watch!

On the last, I'd be looking at the KISS principle. Two-part morphers? Can you see yourself trying to get a key into a key hole quickly in the middle of a firefight? Also, if someone gets close enough and snatch the key or stop you getting the two parts together...sayonara sailor! It's the same wth ones which have combinations or button sequences (In Space). No, a simple push one button, or vocal command seems best.

Personally, an idea I liked, depending on how dedicated you are to the cause, would be some form of implanted device. It answers all three criteria. 1. It CAN'T be lost, stolen or forgotten, because it's physically implanted. 2. It's inconspicuous, because it's inside, and 3. What's simpler than simply willing it to work or issuing a voice command? No fumbling for a watc or necklace, no trying to reach for cell phones...result!

Captain Marvelous, Justin Heartley set by DJ Rocca!

nanaki626
PR Guru

02 May 2011, 17:46 #6

Gotta agree with Dark Knight, I would be all for an implanted morpher. Not only would I be one step closer to my dream of cyberpunking myself out, I would have super powers too!

There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life

exclamation
PR Professor
exclamation
PR Professor

03 May 2011, 20:49 #7

I'd go for something along the lines of the samurai amulet. It's easily portable, can be worn at all times and isn't too obvious. I liked the DT bracelets for the same reason; they looked like bracelets rather than something suspicious.

Things with keys or that aren't easily attached are much more likely to get lost/dropped/forgotten/stolen (I'm sure there's at least one episode for each of those).

Power Rangers: Crystal Heart - Episode one, The One-Handed Warrior, is complete
Power Rangers: Crystal Heart - Episode four, Supply and Demand has begun

Tara
PR Professor
Tara
PR Professor

03 May 2011, 23:48 #8

hiw02009 @ Apr 20 2011, 08:17 AM wrote: Hmm, for me it's a toss up between the Zeonizers and the Dino Morphers. Both have poorly disguised civilian modes (wristband with a big a$$ jewel, a watch with no face, and they both have Ranger coloring, that's my kind of obvious) Both instanly transform and let you morph with no assembly required (I'm looking at you Turbo and RPM... save the keys for the Zords thank you) and this might sound petty but, they look really cool!

I can't stand regular cell phones anymore... I've been semi-spoiled by steve jobs even if, it turned me into a Ranger I'd be that green Ranger going "this is cool and all but, couldn't you have worked my Ranger form into an iPhone app?" Besides, something about disguising Morphers as everday object kinda seems like your trivializing them *cough* Jungle Fury *cough* in my opinion... They turn you into a Superhero, they should look awesome!
DUDE. Mophers should totally be an app on the iPhone/iPod for the next generation of rangers. That would ROCK. XD

I'm a fan of the Dino Morphers, cause they were pretty and I would be less likely to loose it.

The phone morpher... maybe. Depends on if it would actually work like a cellphone and what kind of coverage I'd get

Ranger: Can I get something differet?
Mentor: IT'S AN EXTREMELY POWERFUL PIECE OF MACHINERY THAT'S TAPPED INTO THE MORHPING GRID. DO YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF WORK WENT INTO CREATING IT?
Ranger: But.... it keeps dropping calls.

RevolutionChick
PR Mentor

04 May 2011, 02:00 #9

Tara @ May 3 2011, 06:48 PM wrote: DUDE. Mophers should totally be an app on the iPhone/iPod for the next generation of rangers. That would ROCK. XD
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DJ Rocca
Power Ranger
DJ Rocca
Power Ranger

04 May 2011, 04:23 #10

Dino Thunder morpher all the way. I've been trying to find someone to make me the cuff for as long as the shows been over. Seriously. Someone made them once and decided to drop the project and they were AWESOME. *Sighs* But yet again I've been trying to hunt down a Witchblade bracelet and thats been impossible too...

But I do like the Wind Ninja Morphers too. I like the wrist mounted ones that could easily be hid with a sleeve. Even if someone notices and ask you go "Its my bracelet back off"

Knowing me and the amount I drop my very expensive iPhone, I'd probably break my morpher and the handheld ones like SPD would break too, as much as I love that badge design, I'd probably drop it in the toilet like Monica May did. And as Al said in stressful situation, two part morphers are a hassel...
<center>
Earth Song
Earth Song: Lips, Love and Laughter
NEW
Earth Song: The Lost Ones
The future of Earth Song begins...
</center>

Dark Knight
Power Ranger
Dark Knight
Power Ranger

04 May 2011, 06:35 #11

DJ Rocca @ May 3 2011, 11:23 PM wrote: And as Al said in stressful situation, two part morphers are a hassel...
Yeah, that's always one of the problems I had with the ones that had an intricate system like inserting a key or typing in a combination. In the middle of a firefight, I want my powers NOW dammit! Even the OO team could use their morphers in an instant (and improvised ways of spinning that thing at the bottom many times during the season.)

I haven't ever done it in a fic, but one thought I always had for how one could kidnap a Ranger was if they had a two-part morpher (like the Zeo morphers) they'd be pretty screwed if someone got behind them and locked them in a full nelson, keeping their arms apart.

Captain Marvelous, Justin Heartley set by DJ Rocca!

RevolutionChick
PR Mentor

05 May 2011, 16:38 #12

DJ Rocca @ May 3 2011, 11:23 PM wrote: Dino Thunder morpher all the way. I've been trying to find someone to make me the cuff for as long as the shows been over. Seriously. Someone made them once and decided to drop the project and they were AWESOME. *Sighs* But yet again I've been trying to hunt down a Witchblade bracelet and thats been impossible too...
If my memory serves me right, I think I know EXACTLY what you are talking about! Estel and I always really really wanted one. But didn't they cost an arm and a leg? I'm sad to see the guy stopped making them. :(

Frankly, like everyone else has said, I'd want something always with me. The DT morphers were awesome because the Rangers almost always had the braclet on (unless they were showering, I'd assume) and BAM. When needed, they'd turn it to a morpher. Much easier than a cell phone or pocket-morpher.

I'd drop the cell phone morpher in the toilet. And I'd loose a badge or pocket morpher before my first morph. My team mentor would be replacing me with Help Wanted adds :rolleyes:

The keys...I never, ever understood. I have a toy Brachio Morpher, and let me tell ya, I STILL can't do a DT morph and lock the key in place. It almost always ends up with me jamming that plastic key in my arm...or eye... <_<

Ghostwriter
PR Professor
Ghostwriter
PR Professor

30 Sep 2011, 15:01 #13

Well, I'd have to say that even though I share Tommy's swiss-cheese memory, I'd go for the old school pocket morphers and communicators. The one thing I didn't like about the morpher/communicator combos was the possibility of it being stolen or destroyed if you were kidnapped. With them seperate, you'd at least be able to teleport or morph (as long as you weren't trapped in a dark dimension or something) And that's just my two cents.

The above picture was created by Ringslinger who has graciously allowed me to use it. Thanks a bunch.

Catch ya on the flip side.