CBI games

reduno
Senior

March 15th, 2018, 2:55 am #1

I thought a new thread might be in order since we're not one and done.

This was an exciting game but not necessarily a clean one. The refs were shaky at times, LOTS of missed layups by both teams but I counted 11 missed ft's by the home team (haven't seen the stats yet). Game wouldn't have come down to the wire if we make half of those we missed. Also, both teams looked out of sorts often and winded so maybe the unexpected return after seasons end affected both teams?

Other than wide open 3's we gave up, our defense did pretty well for at least half of the game and in spurts. I REALLY LIKE OUR YOUNG GUYS......Berzat, Green, Rosser, Champion will be interesting to watch. Wish Charles had more than one year left.

Not sure who is responsible for getting a home game but I'm appreciative.

Not lets go practice some ft's.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reduno
Senior

March 15th, 2018, 3:39 am #2

http://www.unoprivateers.com/news/2018/ ... onday.aspx

Check this out...... coach says that if they get past Campbell, Bryson Robinson is on track to possibly play next wed! I saw him at shoot around........he was walking worse than just stiff. If he can play next week, someone worked a dang miracle.

reduno
Senior

March 15th, 2018, 12:31 pm #3

According to ESPN, our game Monday night at Campbell is for 6pm CDT. Waiting to see if UNO confirms that.

Steve
Senior

March 15th, 2018, 1:16 pm #4

Wonder if there will be any way to watch the Campbell game without a fee.

Damion Rosser is going to be a really nice player down the road. Hopefully he stays here. He's got a lot of things to work on but I envision junior/senior Rosser being really solid.

Berzat -- this was the Lamont Berzat game. He's come a long way this season.

It's a shame the Thibodeaux situation torpedoed this season, but it really feels like we maybe tacked on a win or two next season because of this experience.

reduno
Senior

March 15th, 2018, 1:57 pm #5

Steve wrote:Wonder if there will be any way to watch the Campbell game without a fee.
I'm not positive about this but I thought I heard last nights game and Monday's game was/will be shown on Southland tv. Is there a fee for that?

Steve
Senior

March 15th, 2018, 1:59 pm #6

No, Southland TV is free -- there's an app for the Roku and many other devices. Dunno if they'll cover a road game. They used the UNO Showcase feed last night.

reduno
Senior

March 15th, 2018, 2:18 pm #7

Thx, I hope UNO's pre game info will share any tv possibilities.

I know NOTHING about Campbell other than its in NC.

reduno
Senior

March 15th, 2018, 3:31 pm #8

According to this article, the opposing bench was chewing on Lamont about his shooting ability. Prolly shouldn't do that on the road.

And.......it also states that if we win on Monday night, we WILL get a home game next wed.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... aee25.html

Steve
Senior

March 15th, 2018, 3:48 pm #9

He does have a pretty awkward, ugly shot but his 3-ball has gone in 37% of the time. That's a fairly decent percentage -- if it goes up any from that as his career progresses, he'll end up a significant threat from out there.

I'd guess we'd be an underdog at Campbell, but if we can find a way past them, a game at home to get into the finals, where you're guaranteed another home game and at least two games on ESPNU during Final Four week... would be fantastic exposure for the program.

reduno
Senior

March 15th, 2018, 3:58 pm #10

Steve wrote:I'd guess we'd be an underdog at Campbell, but if we can find a way past them, a game at home to get into the finals, where you're guaranteed another home game and at least two games on ESPNU during Final Four week... would be fantastic exposure for the program.
IF this were to happen, WITHOUT Travin and Bryson.........then Mark is an even better coach than we knew. And his preseason statement that this years class is his best recruiting yet would be definitely validated.