Let's see what I can do about that.
Not that it's proper but it was done before I go to work today. He won't have a fully MSH compatible portrait before the update hits but he'll have his MvsC art armor. I'll have his first comic armor ready in another update.
The main goal is to concentrate on the engine and slowly make it more flexible. For example:
I had to make it so screenstyles could declare if the nameGFX name sprites go in front or behind the sprites. I just noticed the spacing on some COTA portraits need adjusting so I'll have that ready for the update. Once that's done, X-Men COTA will join MSH in 100% emulation status
Every X-Men hero and villain in the engine has name sprites in it and Gouki will accurately continue to not have one.
I'm going back to work on the SFA3 name sprites and I'll have to redo them to put accurate empty space to make them fit right. Finishing that will make another 100% emulated screen style.
(edit: 2010 May 5, 3:30 AM)
SFA3 names now centered. Sprites shifted to where Bison/Vega goons appear over his portrait in the arcade version of SFA3. I didn't notice how many small differences there are between the SFA and MvsC heads for certain posts until I started merging the palettes. Weird.
The first three palettes follow the real patterns for accuracy's sake. The fourth is Magnetic Shockwave with full smart color shading so the colors don't clash.
I have to get back to drawing for a bit but I'll be taking breaks to do more palette work. I think I'll have enough for an update next week.
(edit 2010 May 6, 8:38 PM)
Bah! Some nagging stuff turned up and had to be fixed. Characters with more than one sprite set with alt. palettes were showing the wrong names. Fixed that. I think everything works now. Letting it drop next week gives me time to get more palettes, sprites and minilogos done. Palette swaps Roxy and U.S. Agent (also with quick, cheap edit) will be ready for next week.