will you get a flu shot?

will you get a flu shot?

anonymous
anonymous

September 17th, 2011, 12:28 am #1

will you get a flu shot?

September 17th, 2011, 1:30 am #2

when I went the other day. Said that since my baby will be born in during flu season (Dec.), it's important that I get one so that my immunity will stay with him after birth. There was an ad in my OB's office for a pediatrician in the same building who's offering the thimerisol-free flu shots to PG women. I'm thinking I'll go there...

Hugs,
Meg

sch1star
sch1star

September 17th, 2011, 1:56 am #3

I forgot this week. But probably yes. I do remember from last year (I got a late one after bfp) it was important to get a certain kind. I want to say it wasn't a preservative concern, it was getting a fully killed version? I need to look it up.

September 17th, 2011, 8:45 am #4

will you get a flu shot?
I was in for my 20 wk and she said we both should have it since baby will be born during flu season.
I was happy to take it as it recently took me 2 weeks to get over a cold that should have been over in a day!
Here is to staying healthy this winter!!!

holleigh
holleigh

September 17th, 2011, 12:05 pm #5

will you get a flu shot?
It is the only way to pass FLU protection onto baby. My baby is due in just over 7 weeks. Unfortunately the kids have all have a cold this week or we would have already gone in! The charity golf tourney I host is this coming Thursday, and I was hoping to get it BEFORE then (just since we have 130 people there that day). But I am thinking I will have to wait until after now...

You can get them at Rite Aid right now(thimeresol free) and I think Walgreens too. Rite Aid should be able to bill it right to your insurance company. Most actual doctors will not have access to the VX until October / November.

RSV can be a fatal issue for fall / winter newborns. Flu shot should also help protect them against that risk...

September 17th, 2011, 2:05 pm #6

will you get a flu shot?
I was told to get one, and so did. I have no idea if it was thermasol (?) free or fully killed or what!!??
Now I am worried.

cbsgirl
cbsgirl

September 17th, 2011, 4:09 pm #7

will you get a flu shot?
I had an OB appt on Thu. Doc already got his and told me to get mine, though they didn't have them available in the office yet. I got a thimerosal free one at CVS.

Alli
Alli

September 17th, 2011, 5:53 pm #8

will you get a flu shot?
Yes- it was a non negotiable with my MFM (nt)

Kristen
Kristen

September 18th, 2011, 12:08 am #9

I was told to get one, and so did. I have no idea if it was thermasol (?) free or fully killed or what!!??
Now I am worried.
If so, you probably got the thermasol (preservative-free) free version. They just don't have mercury in it as a preservative. Even if you didn't get the TF version, my OB would tell you that its better to have had the shot than not.

Kristen
Kristen

September 18th, 2011, 12:22 am #10

will you get a flu shot?
I remember being very concerned about this during my first pg because that was the year we had the h1n1 frenzy. I was paraniod about getting h1n1 (drowned myself in sanitizer if I left the house) and agonized on if I should get the h1n1. I delayed getting it as long as I felt I could, then I got it and a week later all the frenzy was over and all the news reports said that the risk of getting h1n1 was mostly over... just my luck... had I only waited another week... but, it was fine - DS is perfect, hitting all of his milestones, and chatting up a storm. Now the h1n1 is combined with the regular flu shot and no one makes a big deal about it.

I do get the preservative free versions (both then and now).

You definately don't want the flu when pg.

Good luck!