When do/did u start wearing maternity pants

When do/did u start wearing maternity pants

Liz Portland OR
Liz Portland OR

August 22nd, 2012, 8:36 pm #1

I am 1 weeks but with the progesterone causin additional bloating I am looking fwd to some elastic but cool lookin maternity pants/ jeans but 14 weeks seems a tad early...?

Thoughts?
Love & baby dust to all,
Liz

Jamie
Jamie

August 22nd, 2012, 9:28 pm #2

I arrived at Pea in the Pod desperate because I could not zip any pants that I had! I should have gotten into them sooner . . . I don't know what was wrong with me.

Erin
Erin

August 22nd, 2012, 10:25 pm #3

I am 1 weeks but with the progesterone causin additional bloating I am looking fwd to some elastic but cool lookin maternity pants/ jeans but 14 weeks seems a tad early...?

Thoughts?
Love & baby dust to all,
Liz
...I really just needed bigger pants (not necessarily maternity) b/c of the bloat but I didn't want to spend money on non-maternity clothes I'd only be using for a couple months. I'm only starting to really need maternity clothes now at 18.5wks (and still I am not completely to the point where one would definitively say I look pregnant and not just pudgy, but I'm getting there ). But the maternity pants were awfully comfy against my bloated belly at 12ish weeks, so I say go for it! At least buy a couple staples (like jeans/pants) now and enjoy the roomy elastic waist!

MargieD
MargieD

August 22nd, 2012, 10:39 pm #4

Thoughts?
Love & baby dust to all,
Liz
I never really wore maternity pants. I seemed to carry the baby weight high so my low-waist (or do you call them hipsters?) jeans / pants worked fine. I needed the maternity shirts (or shirts w/ long torsos) probably around 15 weeks or so.

I did have a couple of pairs of maternity pants that I wore simply because I had them from a lot I purchased from Craig's List - but I mostly wore my jeans (since I was allowed for work)...

Laura
Laura

August 22nd, 2012, 11:06 pm #5

Thoughts?
Love & baby dust to all,
Liz
I remember going to my anatomy scan in my regular jeans with my first, but I started showing this time before I could even share the news! Maternity clothes are so comfy. Pea in the pod Is so cute and fashionable, but I can't afford them, so I usually start at Macy's. Their maternity clothes are a selection from motherhood, but are usually on sale, where motherhood never seems to have clearance items. Enjoy!

Rebekah
Rebekah

August 23rd, 2012, 12:32 am #6

Thoughts?
Love & baby dust to all,
Liz
I did start by 14 weeks. I was uncomfortable. I loved the under belly pants. Fit wonderfully. I wore them for winter/spring. Best of luck - I loved maternity shopping!

Teresa
Teresa

August 23rd, 2012, 10:48 am #7

Thoughts?
Love & baby dust to all,
Liz
I think the progesterone contributed to alot of bloating because I didn't see much of a baby belly...but the maternity pants are so much more comfortable. Also bought some leggings at Old Navy, which are heaven!!!!! They're going to get me through the fall and winter with big sweaters and some flat boots.

BTW, I think the belly grows and takes shape over night Just when you think "I don't have a belly" a few days later, poof!

Have fun shopping!!! xoxo

jkl
jkl

August 23rd, 2012, 3:03 pm #8

Thoughts?
Love & baby dust to all,
Liz
Haven't really worn pants except for some leggings that I had but I have been wearing maternity t-shirts probably since week 12 or so. I didn't really want to tell people for awhile so it was a must, and mostly I wear tighter clothes so things got uncomfortable fast.

But my uniform this summer has been these comfy non-maternity skirts, which can wear under the belly. here is the link:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.d ... id=8985550

looks like they are on sale too! If you live in a warmer part of the country these may work for you into fall. I also found a similar one from Athleta, which was pricier but I like even better. I'm thinking I can wear these after baby as long as they don't get too stretched out! I wear them with maternity or just bigger t-shirts form old navy.

Don't feel bad going to maternity wear early, comfort is all important.

jkl

mel
mel

August 23rd, 2012, 3:27 pm #9

Thoughts?
Love & baby dust to all,
Liz
it was because of how I was carrying. I already had a belly at this point (probably because it is my 2nd), but I was able to wear my pants really low, since I was carrying higher. I was glad that my jeans still fit, but they started getting uncomfortable and as soon as I put on the maternity pants I was sooooo comfy and realized I should have been wearing them weeks before. Comfort is way more important!!! Elastic waistbands are your friend !

Wells42
Wells42

August 23rd, 2012, 6:04 pm #10

Thoughts?
Love & baby dust to all,
Liz
or not ("cool" always seems to elude me I fear . . . ) but I love the ponte knit pull-on pants from NY. and Co. I wore them through my entire first pregnancy. I told the sales clerk that these make the best maternity pants, and she said she hears that all the time. They are reasonably priced, washable, hold up really well. And they are really good for that in between stage before you really start showing, and for after the baby is born. With my last pregnancy though, I went with kohl's "secret panel" pants (these are the really scary ones with the giant elastic panel) - I loved them because the elastic covered the whole bump, so no risk of them falling down or squeezing the belly with a band that ends mid-belly. These are not good for the in-between stages though - way too stretchy. And if you end up with a c-section, these won't work after because the fabric/elastic seam hits right at the incision line (owwie!). Sorry this is so long! I guess I like my pants!