When did you get your period after giving birth?

When did you get your period after giving birth?

April 15th, 2012, 2:29 pm #1

And if you don't mind sharing, were you diagonsed with POF or only high fsh?

April 15th, 2012, 6:24 pm #2

At 11 weeks I had a full period. It surprised me.
I was diagnosed with high FSH.
How about you?

Alli
Alli

April 15th, 2012, 6:29 pm #3

2 months/ high fsh (nt)

April 15th, 2012, 11:21 pm #4

I am going on 9 weeks with no sign and having menapause symptoms. I feel like my body has shut down after giving birth.

ALM
ALM

April 16th, 2012, 1:06 am #5

I've been wondering myself and hope others will chime in. I'm over a month post birth, and stopped the spotting about a week ago. Not sure when I'll get my period and looked this up online. It said up to a year! Who knows? Maybe your symptoms are your hormones re-adjusting. Based on what I've heard IRL and read online, I think what you are experiencing is normal.

I hope you are settling into motherhood!

MargieD
MargieD

April 16th, 2012, 1:16 am #6

About a month after completely weaning - high FSH - n/t

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

April 16th, 2012, 1:24 am #7

7 months after birth, even though still nursing FT. High FSH. N/t

April 16th, 2012, 2:18 am #8

me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

April 16th, 2012, 2:27 am #9

For DS #1 I pumped pretty exclusively for four months (DS never latched correctly). After I stopped pumping, I got AF about 6 weeks later. For DS#2, I BF'd for about 16 months, and got AF about a month or so after weaning completely. This time around with DS#3, I got a random AF at about 8 weeks while BFing. I even felt myself ovulate and said to my mom who happened to be visiting that day "I feel like I'm ovulating, I guess I'll know for sure if AF comes in two weeks." Yep, AF came two weeks later. However, nothing since, and no signs of O so who the heck knows why it happened. DS#3 is four months now...

I have high FSH, but I'm not sure you can really read into anything when it comes to getting AF after PG. I think lots of people have wacky periods; some get it right away, others don't. It takes awhile for your system to regulate. My mom, who's as fertile as they come, got PG with her fourth baby, my brother, while she was BFing my sister full time. So, they're reallllly close in age.

Hugs,
Meg

gone_fshn
gone_fshn

April 16th, 2012, 11:56 am #10

...and was still nursing though DS had stopped night feedings and started solids. High FSH.

AND PS - got preggo again about two months after AF returned!