what is the cause of a chemical?

what is the cause of a chemical?

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 23rd, 2011, 5:41 pm #1

can progesterone save a m/c or is progesterone low because it is not healthy pg?

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

March 23rd, 2011, 5:53 pm #2

the corpus luteum is what is supplying the progesterone (until the placenta takes over in later weeks, staring around weeks 9, 10). The corpus luteum may not be functioning optimally (even with a healthy embryo) so that could cause lower P4 levels. And if eventually the P4 (and/or E2) drops to very low levels then yes, the pregnancy can be at risk.

I think that general medical consensus is that the majority of chemicals (~70-80%) are due to chromosomal abnormalities with the embryo.

Sorry if you are going through this.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 23rd, 2011, 6:12 pm #3

what I could have done to prevent both. It haunts me. It was so difficult for me to even get PG and then the disappointment is hard to deal with. I am not the same person. thanks for your response

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

March 23rd, 2011, 7:11 pm #4

I've had a chemical as well and it hurts. I hope that you can get through the grief. But don't beat yourself up.

Did you get pregnant naturally or with medical help? Have you had a chance to discuss with your doctor about his/her thoughts about the pregnancy? Did you know you have low P4 levels? Or are you just thinking that you did?

We're here for you to "talk it out" if you need.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 23rd, 2011, 7:13 pm #5

meant to share this link for reading in case you are thinking that you have a LPD.

http://www.inciid.org/printpage.php?cat ... ty101&id=7

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm #6

the m/c was natural. I did not know I was pg until 5 weeks because I was not getting AF every month. I did not take progesterone because my obgyn said that it was not proven and controversial to do anything ( at the time I was not as educated..did not know about this board yet )The chemical was IVF with 5 cell and I was on progesterone.