Update: Mostly all good! :-)

Update: Mostly all good! :-)

Sara H
Sara H

August 8th, 2012, 1:19 am #1

Just a quick update for those keeping score at home:

We are 37 weeks and a few days and all looks good with baby. No ill effects from the umbilical cord issue (2 vessel cord), baby's growth and weight are good, kidneys look great (can be a major issue) and heart and brain look perfect... phew! Diabetes is under control with diet and blood looks good, negative for group B strep, cervix still closed but soft.

Getting checked twice a week now (stinky) and now they are watching a fluid lever issue, having gone from 10 to 8.5 in 10 days, hence the twice a week now. They are now watching to make sure it's not continuing to drop. Sooo, even MORE water for me this week! I am already at 120 ounces... I'm washing away!

Fun stuff: I always try to be nice and kind to all the staff at the MFM practice (I try to be nice to everyone!) and they asked if they could borrow my belly (and I bet my cord issue) for some training. I said yes, no problem. So, we were in for over 45 minutes BUT got some great pics and some great 4D ones! Kiddo hand an arm that would not move from the face, so in some kiddo looks like Rodin's "The Thinker", but we are thrilled! (Was NOT in our budget to get these fancy pics but so happy to have them for free!) And, they could see that Kiddo has a little bit of hair! Too cool!

In all: Great news but we'll see Friday where the fluid issue is... we could be going early due to that.

So, that's where we are!
Hugs to all,
Sara H and Hornswaggle, the Kiddo-to-Be!

August 8th, 2012, 1:44 am #2

Hi Sara H.,
That is a great update. It sounds like you are in excellent hands so even if the fluid is an issue I am sure your team can handle it safely You must be so excited about this new part of the journey! I send you positive energy and prayers that everything goes smoothly! Keep us posted when you can and enjoy your new pics.

Laura
Laura

August 8th, 2012, 3:58 am #3

We are 37 weeks and a few days and all looks good with baby. No ill effects from the umbilical cord issue (2 vessel cord), baby's growth and weight are good, kidneys look great (can be a major issue) and heart and brain look perfect... phew! Diabetes is under control with diet and blood looks good, negative for group B strep, cervix still closed but soft.

Getting checked twice a week now (stinky) and now they are watching a fluid lever issue, having gone from 10 to 8.5 in 10 days, hence the twice a week now. They are now watching to make sure it's not continuing to drop. Sooo, even MORE water for me this week! I am already at 120 ounces... I'm washing away!

Fun stuff: I always try to be nice and kind to all the staff at the MFM practice (I try to be nice to everyone!) and they asked if they could borrow my belly (and I bet my cord issue) for some training. I said yes, no problem. So, we were in for over 45 minutes BUT got some great pics and some great 4D ones! Kiddo hand an arm that would not move from the face, so in some kiddo looks like Rodin's "The Thinker", but we are thrilled! (Was NOT in our budget to get these fancy pics but so happy to have them for free!) And, they could see that Kiddo has a little bit of hair! Too cool!

In all: Great news but we'll see Friday where the fluid issue is... we could be going early due to that.

So, that's where we are!
Hugs to all,

After all your BH scares and other issues, that's such great news. And sooo fun about the pics too! I got to be a guinea pig with 4D with my first, and it was still a very new thing so I had never heard of them before.

Enjoy your last days/weeks of just you and DH...your lives are about to change forever! Eeee!!!!

Teresa
Teresa

August 8th, 2012, 8:46 am #4

So, that's where we are!
Hugs to all,

Thanks for posting your update! You've been through alot the past couple months and it's great to hear you're in great hands and have progressed so well. I also commend you for doing so well with your GD diet, that is wonderful and can't be easy!

You're soooo close! I'm very excited for you. (I know I say this alot, but when I first came on the white board you were the first one to welcome me over there and I've loved seeing you come so far).

And very, very cool that you got some 4D photos! Imagine one day, sitting with your little one showing him or her all these cool things?

Keep feeling well and take it easy in the final stretch!

Hugs and best wishes!!!
Teresa

gone_fshn
gone_fshn

August 8th, 2012, 11:18 am #5

So, that's where we are!
Hugs to all,

Woohoo - baby H is full term! So awesome. Gear up mama, life is about to get veeery interesting

Erin
Erin

August 8th, 2012, 1:38 pm #6

So, that's where we are!
Hugs to all,

That sounds like a great update Sara H! So glad things are going so well- and you're almost there! Crazy! The twice a week visits must be a little annoying, but I must admit that sometimes I wish I had more frequent visits, if only b/c it would be nice to have a second visit for all the questions that I inevitably forget to ask at the first! Wishing you lots of GL in the next few weeks!

mel
mel

August 8th, 2012, 4:09 pm #7

So, that's where we are!
Hugs to all,

What a great update!!! Despite the low fluid levels, everything else sounds fantastic! And even though the twice weekly appointments may be annoying, at least they are monitoring you closely.

Wow...any day now...that is soooooooooo exciting!!!!

Sending lots of good thoughts your way for a smooth delivery. Can't wait to hear the news!!!

Sending hugs.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

August 8th, 2012, 5:12 pm #8

So, that's where we are!
Hugs to all,

you are getting to the finish line!!! OMG! I can't believe it. Fingers crossed that the delivery itself is entirely uneventful and that you don't ever have to drink another glass of water again! LOL! Actually, who knows how things will unfold for you; you may very well be craving the very thing you despise right now...I was DYING for water during my labor but had to resort to ice chips. And then once I actually delivered I thought I was all clear to guzzle down H2O but nope, there was some waiting period! I was sooooo desperate!!!

Fun on the 4D photos! DD didn't cooperate for our 4D u/s so we didn't get any pics at all. But it's crazy how she really did look like her b/w u/s pics.

Sara H
Sara H

August 8th, 2012, 6:49 pm #9

So, that's where we are!
Hugs to all,

Awww, thanks ladies!

I'll post a little update here after my appointment on Friday to see what's up with the levels, if the don't send me to hospital to yank the kiddo!

Hugs to all,
Sara H

August 8th, 2012, 10:00 pm #10

So, that's where we are!
Hugs to all,

Homestretch!!